God

How many deities are in the Christian pantheon? Three, right? Maybe we should call in gfm7175 and ask him for the correct answer. I'm thinking that if he says that there is only one God then obviously it was God who authored the Bible. If he says two or three or five or some other prime number, then we'll go with the Holy Ghost having authored the Bible.

@ gfm7175, how many deities are there in Christianity? Please round up to the nearest whole number.

in One.....

Are you sure of the bolded part?

If so...can you give a citation of where that is written?

you've quoted it yourself......
Matthew 5
8 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

obviously this implies a time when everything will be accomplished.......

Okay. It does seem Jesus did a lot of changing of the law...despite what he said.

What does that tell us?

I think it tells us that Jews of the first century, just like Jews and Christians of the 21st century, have substantially different concepts of what it means to be Jewish or christian.

The Pharisees believed in the Oral Torah, the Sadducees didn't and were hung up on the Temple ritual, and the Esseenes believed in a radical form of ritual purity and lived apart from the temple cultic ritual.

I don't even think Jesus kept the Sabbath, and he wasn't hung up on ritual purity laws. He hung out with prostitutes

Frank Apisa Syndrome alert: Manfred Mason is not allowed to acknowledge Jesus' coverage of sex-related sins and is required to regurgitate that "Jesus didn't address homosexuality" despite having been shown chapter and verse to the contrary.

This discussion is over, like any discussion with Frank Apisa that puts his master's king in check.

5be44a3fd6aaf7cfe5c636fd754a6f9e--judging-quotes-true-words.jpg
There's an Assumption that homosexual sin is worse than heterosexual sin!

I think it tells us that Jews of the first century, just like Jews and Christians of the 21st century, have substantially different concepts of what it means to be Jewish or christian.

The Pharisees believed in the Oral Torah, the Sadducees didn't and were hung up on the Temple ritual, and the Esseenes believed in a radical form of ritual purity and lived apart from the temple cultic ritual.

I don't even think Jesus kept the Sabbath, and he wasn't hung up on ritual purity laws. He hung out with prostitutes

He hung out with sinners which includes everyone from Adam and Eve all the way to Cypress and Mason!

But the thing I was actually asking was, since Jesus said he was NOT here to change the law...the fact that he did means something.

So I am wondering what THAT tells us.

Jeez.

I wonder if there are any gods.

I know some people blindly guess there is at least one...and some blindly guess there are none...

...so I wonder which is correct.

Back