Good News About Baby Boomers

the funny thing is baby boomers were so full of themselves they were the first ones to even come up with the concept of generations being different and distinct, they named themselves because they thought they were so special.

One feature of Boomers was that they tended to think of themselves as a special generation, very different from those that had come before. In the 1960s, as the relatively large numbers of young people became teenagers and young adults, they, and those around them, created a very specific rhetoric around their cohort, and the change they were bringing about.[SUP][5][/SUP] This rhetoric had an important impact in the self perceptions of the boomers, as well as their tendency to define the world in terms of generations, which was a relatively new phenomenon.

- wikipedia

Another FAIL. Might want to consider calling yourself an X'er now, so as to salvage what is left of your reputation.

Disco sucked.... followed by "New Wave" which also sucked...if you like that crap for anything other than nostalgia....it explains a lot

Most Kaboomers were eligible to vote for Reagan. Only the ones born after November 1962 couldn't vote in 1980, and I think it's a stretch to call them Boomers, anyway.
Clinton, oddly enough, inherited his economy from Reagan and Bush Sr. Then Bush Jr., a fellow Boomer, came along and effed it up.

Oh really

tell me what Bush 41 did that created the clinton 8 year possitive gains ?

then tell me HOW the fuck Reagans balllooning of the deficit helped Clinton?

Bush was voted for by the OLD people in this country.

Every boomer I knew who didnt buy the Ronny Reagans lies voted for Gore.

In fact gore won the election if you go buy votes and admitt to the cold hard facts that PROVE Bush cheated in the election.

In fact the republican party has cheated for decades and there is a decades long court record of their cheating

I thought the Boomers was 1950-70.

what the fuck?

Here let me make it clear to you.

They are the POST WWII babies.

the men came home from war and had a shit load of babies with their wifes.

1945-1960

POST war baby making becuase there was a glut of babies while the war was taking place for obvious reasons.

jesus nothin like talking about something you know nothing about

Don't forget drugs, atheism, abortion, narcissism, no fault divorce, and free sex. Also messages of Or Lord and Savior, no doubt.

dude the baby boomers didnt invent drugs they jsut stopped them from being a huge dark unspoken of secret. Ever here of laudinum?

Atheism is great for mankind, unless of course you like following the tennets someone made up to control people thousands of years ago

Abortion was not invented by the baby boomers either it was broguht into the light of day and treated like medical procedure that it is.Before the boomers force the country to deal with it women were dying to control their lives.It was legal for you to rape your wife.

You think FORCING people to stay in miserable marriages where the kids see nothing but hate and pain is a great idea?

Free sex?

really ?

so you perfer people pay for it?

you have NO idea what the 50s were like.

They were a time of march in locked step and dont waver from what everyone else is doing.

It was monsterous for little girls like me watching and learning every day what they were not going to allow me to do becuase I had a inny instead of an outy.

You have NO idea how many little tiny daily doings you do without thought that the boomer generation opened up to you.

for fucks sake girls could not wear pants to almost any public event.

You uninformed fucks have NO IDEA what it was like

dude the baby boomers didnt invent drugs they jsut stopped them from being a huge dark unspoken of secret. Ever here of laudinum?

Atheism is great for mankind, unless of course you like following the tennets someone made up to control people thousands of years ago

Abortion was not invented by the baby boomers either it was broguht into the light of day and treated like medical procedure that it is.Before the boomers force the country to deal with it women were dying to control their lives.It was legal for you to rape your wife.

You think FORCING people to stay in miserable marriages where the kids see nothing but hate and pain is a great idea?

Free sex?

really ?

so you perfer people pay for it?

you have NO idea what the 50s were like.

They were a time of march in locked step and dont waver from what everyone else is doing.

It was monsterous for little girls like me watching and learning every day what they were not going to allow me to do becuase I had a inny instead of an outy.

You have NO idea how many little tiny daily doings you do without thought that the boomer generation opened up to you.

for fucks sake girls could not wear pants to almost any public event.

You uninformed fucks have NO IDEA what it was like

You sure love those 50s tax rates though don't ya pud?

what the fuck?

Here let me make it clear to you.

They are the POST WWII babies.

the men came home from war and had a shit load of babies with their wifes.

1945-1960

POST war baby making becuase there was a glut of babies while the war was taking place for obvious reasons.

jesus nothin like talking about something you know nothing about

It's 1945-1965, Desh, so let's not be calling people out and then getting facts wrong ourselves. That said, I think extending the span past 1960 all the way through 1964 is lame. The high birth rates ended after 1957, anyway.

Also, my religion comments were directed at Steel.

It's 1945-1965, Desh, so let's not be calling people out and then getting facts wrong ourselves. That said, I think extending the span past 1960 all the way through 1964 is lame. The high birth rates ended after 1957, anyway.

Also, my religion comments were directed at Steel.

Your religion comment? Really? I'd be willing to bet there are more references to Jesus in 60's popular music (not gospel or Contemporary Christian) than there are today. Also songs about brotherly Love, Peace and Harmony too.

It's just too damned bad that those "hippies" turned to money and power after they "grew up". They became the people who robbed this country blind.... not with SS and Medicare....but with Corporatism and greed.

Most of us though....worked our asses off doing everyday jobs.... so....I guess what I am trying to say is Fuck You.

My parents were depression era hard workers..dad was born in '21...mom in '29....they instilled that in me and my siblings....I've never taken anything I didn't earn....and when the day comes of me being eligible for SS...I'll take it....knowing that I've even paying into it for 50 years.

Your religion comment? Really? I'd be willing to bet there are more references to Jesus in 60's popular music (not gospel or Contemporary Christian) than there are today. Also songs about brotherly Love, Peace and Harmony too.

It's just too damned bad that those "hippies" turned to money and power after they "grew up". They became the people who robbed this country blind.... not with SS and Medicare....but with Corporatism and greed.

Most of us though....worked our asses off doing everyday jobs.... so....I guess what I am trying to say is Fuck You.

My parents were depression era hard workers..dad was born in '21...mom in '29....they instilled that in me and my siblings....I've never taken anything I didn't earn....and when the day comes of me being eligible for SS...I'll take it....knowing that I've even paying into it for 50 years.

We were all Freaks for Jesus or Jesus Freaks!

Jesus was just alright with me!

I forgot that Jesus was really into atheism, drugs, and swapping spouses. No wonder those hippies turned into greedy bastards. Jesus changed His mind once again about morals and lifestyle!

I forgot that Jesus was really into atheism, drugs, and swapping spouses. No wonder those hippies turned into greedy bastards. Jesus changed His mind once again about morals and lifestyle!

Who did that? Well, if we are going to generalize.... I guess that makes you a skateboarding douchebag who refuses to get a job and move out of the family homestead because mommy and daddy don't charge you rent, wash your clothes and cook your food for you.

Who did that? Well, if we are going to generalize.... I guess that makes you a skateboarding douchebag who refuses to get a job and move out of the family homestead because mommy and daddy don't charge you rent, wash your clothes and cook your food for you.

I was never into skateboarding, so there goes that theory.

And seriously, how many religious, monogamous, non-smoking hippies have you known?

Back