Got to love Dem Censorship

I particiapted in a few threads about Palins inquiries on how to ban books in the library.

The read body language strawman did not stick Damo. Try again.
And? That does not change even one iota of my point or refute a single bit of the fact that no books were banned, there wasn't a list, and she never told the lady to remove a single book (according to the librarian's own account).

Asking a librarian what she would do if there were people picketing her library doesn't translate to censorship.

And? That does not change even one iota of my point or refute a single bit of the fact that no books were banned, there wasn't a list, and she never told the lady to remove a single book (according to the librarian's own account).

True, but she did ask how to or if she could have books removed from the library. As with if you asked how to have sex with a 3 yr old.

My analogy is valid.
Yours is partisan rhetoric.

Oh....so this is just another one of SF's threads where he is "pretending" to be an "outraged Dem," and he doesn't really think the movie thing is censorship?

Got me again.

I particiapted in a few threads about Palins inquiries on how to ban books in the library.

The read body language strawman did not stick Damo. Try again.

This is why I have come to actively dislike Damo. And it’s a shame, because I never did dislike him.

We have been through this. She asked about banning books, she went to see the librarian THREE times about this. The librarian was fired for not being supportive of Palin. After an outcry, the librarian was reinstated. Much of this revolved around a book about homosexuals which Palin’s base wanted out of the library. Many people have come forward and said, this happened.
But Damo pretends amnesia and asks someone to post it all again. Why? Because Damo will do anything, anything, to keep a democrat out of office.

He’s a dishonest, repuke hack, with no concern for his country. He cares about his party. If he cared about his country, he’d be able to, like other fair-minded people, look at the facts of this matter, and feel a cold chill. Because we don’t ban books in this country, period. But he won’t do that. Because he’d rather risk that kind of anti-american administration, than have a democrat in office. He is a pure case of party over country. And he’s so dishonest it hurts to read his posts. I’ve been pushed to the point where I’ve tried to IA him. But you can’t do it because he’s a moderator. So I try to avoid his posts. When I see even a few sentences of his posts these days, I marvel at how I once thought he was a decent person.

I only hope that if they win, people like Damo get hurt, bad. Because they are going to hurt so many others, they better get theirs. Hard. And lasting.

LOL, I remember liberals touting factcheck on every Kerry rumor. Now it's not good enough..

does anyone disput the fact that she inquired to see how to or if she could have books removed from the library ? Yes the fact is that she did not have any banned. But that is a different issue and a result of our govt protections agains such people as palin.

Asking a librarian what she would do if there were people picketing her library doesn't translate to censorship.
Are you forgetting the part where after the liberryian said "yep" and then threatened to get the ACLU involved she was notifed she was being terminated? Palin KNEW that any attempt to ban books with a liberryian hostile to the Idea would fail. It walked like book banner, it quacked like a book banner, it IS a book banner. You are being purposely obtuse.

LOL, I remember liberals touting factcheck on every Kerry rumor. Now it's not good enough..
The McCain campaign has since said she did ask about it banning books. Palin said at first she didn't. She didn't actually TAKE any books off the shelf, but she was reconing the field.

This is why I have come to actively dislike Damo. And it’s a shame, because I never did dislike him.

We have been through this. She asked about banning books, she went to see the librarian THREE times about this. The librarian was fired for not being supportive of Palin. After an outcry, the librarian was reinstated. Much of this revolved around a book about homosexuals which Palin’s base wanted out of the library. Many people have come forward and said, this happened.
But Damo pretends amnesia and asks someone to post it all again. Why? Because Damo will do anything, anything, to keep a democrat out of office.

He’s a dishonest, repuke hack, with no concern for his country. He cares about his party. If he cared about his country, he’d be able to, like other fair-minded people, look at the facts of this matter, and feel a cold chill. Because we don’t ban books in this country, period. But he won’t do that. Because he’d rather risk that kind of anti-american administration, than have a democrat in office. He is a pure case of party over country. And he’s so dishonest it hurts to read his posts. I’ve been pushed to the point where I’ve tried to IA him. But you can’t do it because he’s a moderator. So I try to avoid his posts. When I see even a few sentences of his posts these days, I marvel at how I once thought he was a decent person.

I only hope that if they win, people like Damo get hurt, bad. Because they are going to hurt so many others, they better get theirs. Hard. And lasting.
A question to a librarian about censorship does worry me, but not nearly as much as somebody who states that we need a Federalized police force that is as well funded and as strong as the military. That worries me far more than a question about a book. It always will.

She went to see the Librarian three times to ask about banning books. The librarian told her, not going to happen in my library. She fired the Librarian for “not being supportive”. After an outcry, she was forced to reinstate the Librarian. At the same time, Palin’s base, was up in arms over a book the library had, about a homosexual father.

To claim that she wasn’t trying to ban books, is like believing that when she, as governor, called her public safety chief, and repeatedly told him that “we don’t need people like” her former brother in law on the force, she was not exerting pressure, because she didn’t come right out and say “fire him”.

You have to be a willful hack in order to buy either story. And you will come on here and have the hackish gall to complain about democrats who say they were fooled by Bush into supporting the Iraq war resolution.

You know why? Cause you’re a hack who puts party over country.

Damo, you INvalidate your entire self when you choose these hills to die on. The bitch was trying to ban books. Accept it.

Last edited:
A question to a librarian about censorship does worry me, but not nearly as much as somebody who states that we need a Federalized police force that is as well funded and as strong as the military. That worries me far more than a question about a book. It always will.

Uh, who states that?

She went to see the Librarian three times to ask about banning books. The librarian told her, not going to happen in my library. She fired the Librarian for “not being supportive”. After an outcry, she was forced to reinstate the Librarian. At the same time, Palin’s base, was up in arms over a book the library had, about a homosexual father.

To claim that she wasn’t trying to ban books, is like believing that when she, as governor, called her public safety chief, and repeatedly told him that “we don’t need people like” her former brother in law on the force, she was not exerting pressure, because she didn’t come right out and say “fire him”.

You have to be a willful hack in order to buy either story. And you will come on here and have the hackish gall to complain about democrats who say they were fooled by Bush into supporting the Iraq war resolution.

You know why? Cause you’re a hack who puts party over country.
The reality is, that I am far more concerned over a special police force with that kind of strength than I am about the book about the gay father.

If I were voting for them I might attempt to find some way to make it sound differently, but the reality is zero books were banned, she learned a valuable lesson, and people can still read about the gay father.

The reality is, that I am far more concerned over a special police force with that kind of strength than I am about the book about the gay father.

If I were voting for them I might attempt to find some way to make it sound differently, but the reality is zero books were banned, she learned a valuable lesson, and people can still read about the gay father.
Damo historically the kind of people that ban books are the kind of people that create very oppressive federal police forces.

I just googled it. Wow, you're really out there Damocles. For Christ's sake, you're a true nutter! I knew it. No one but the true hardcore nutters talk about "winning" the complete works of Lynne Cheney.

Uh, who states that?
Obama.

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

http://www.citizensforaconstitutionalrepublic.com/farah7-15-08.html

Right in the middle of a speech about service he added that gem. I worry far more about a "civilian national security force" that is as "just as strong, just as well funded" as our military far more than I worry about that book. It was also reported in the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-national-servicejul03,0,5754842.story

I just googled it. Wow, you're really out there Damocles. For Christ's sake, you're a true nutter! I knew it. No one but the true hardcore nutters talk about "winning" the complete works of Lynne Cheney.

No, he’s turned into a real nutter, that’s a good word for it. He’s either moved way to the facist right, or…he was hiding himself even better than many already knew.

Damo historically the kind of people that ban books are the kind of people that create very oppressive federal police forces.
But only one of the candidates has suggested it was necessary. I heard him make the comment, it was here in CO.

Seriously, if this doesn't make people pause and they are getting hyper about this then they really are hacks. She called some lady at the library, learned a good lesson about the popularity of book banning in this day and age. He called for something that is something that I definitely worry about. I won't vote for McCain, but you aren't going to convince me to vote for Obama. Definitely not.

Back