Got to love Dem Censorship

But only one of the candidates has suggested it was necessary. I heard him make the comment, it was here in CO.

Seriously, if this doesn't make people pause and they are getting hyper about this then they really are hacks.

And republicans are against a strong police force? Is that it?

And republicans are against a strong police force? Is that it?
No. I am not a republican and I don't want a US Polizei. Damo is right, the thought of a national police force as strong as the military is frightening. Hell the DEA should scare the shit outta almost anyone, and a national police force would be even larger.

Oh....so this is just another one of SF's threads where he is "pretending" to be an "outraged Dem," and he doesn't really think the movie thing is censorship?

Got me again.

LMAO... right genius... this was censorship.

Censorship: is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful or sensitive, as determined by a censor.

"Yet it was a really good Disney movie that stands as a lasting symbol that censorship is alive and well in liberal Hollywood. In 2006, ABC and its parent company poured $40 million into a five-hour, commercial-free miniseries called "The Path to 9/11." Built to play every year on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the docu-drama chronicles how the al Qaeda menace grew under the Clinton and Bush administrations.

Night 1 focused on the Clinton years; Night 2 looked into the eight months leading up to the attacks under President Bush. ABC considered the two-day movie experience a gift to the country, and over the two-night airing an astounding 28 million viewers tuned in.

Less about politics, "The Path to 9/11" focused on the emergence of radical Islamic terror as a clear and present American threat. Neither administration was cast as the villain; the Islamic terrorists were. Both administrations were rightfully portrayed as underestimating the threat.

Yet politicians and government employees tied to Bill and Hillary Clinton, all who admittedly hadn't seen the film, took to the airwaves to demand it not be aired or be radically edited, with only days to go before its premiere.

Former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, Rep. Louise M. Slaughter and even former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, who was convicted of destroying top-secret national security documents, demanded that Disney cut the movie to their liking or pull it from the air, within days of its anticipated airing.

Political hacks gleefully declared victory over free speech. Hollywood stood silent as the political class demanded blatant censorship.

Because the Clinton political family didn't like one scene in one movie - one that accurately portrayed that the Clinton administration had chances to take out Osama bin Laden - ABC and Disney folded to the pressure and, as a result, the film will likely never be seen on network television again, nor will it ever make its way to the lucrative DVD market - the modern equivalent of taking it off the library shelf."

Please oh hack of all hacks.... how is the above NOT censorship???

No. I am not a republican and I don't want a US Polizei. Damo is right, the thought of a national police force as strong as the military is frightening. Hell the DEA should scare the shit outta almost anyone, and a national police force would be even larger.

But "law and order" is a republican talking point, traditionally. The patriot act bullshit was instituted on a republican's watch, but I guess it's ok then.

Oooooh....they "demanded" that Disney change the movie "to their liking."

Did they threaten Disney w/ any sort of gov't action or retribution? Did they use their office in a way that was not appropriate, or force Disney to do anything?

Like I said, connie con hacks don't understand censorship. They never have

But this thread is about Palin's attempted censorship.

Diversion corrected.
A comparative analysis of what I should worry about more is part of the conversation. An attempt to oversimplify a conversation has been averted.

I believe that she asked about it because she felt pressure from a group of constituents and learned a valuable lesson about Americans and censorship. I don't believe that she has some terrible looming plan to use the VP office to censor books.

A comparative analysis of what I should worry about more is part of the conversation. An attempt to oversimplify a conversation has been averted.

I believe that she asked about it because she felt pressure from a group of constituents and learned a valuable lesson about Americans and censorship. I don't believe that she has some terrible looming plan to use the VP office to censor books.

Yes, despite proof of previous attempts at censorship, you irrationally maintain hope. good for you.

But the fact that she asked says a lot about her.

Stupid if nothing else.

But the fact that she asked says a lot about her.

Stupid if nothing else.
Some lessons are learned the hard way. Every human has examples, if they are honest with themselves.

I'd prefer somebody who learned this lesson as opposed to somebody who hadn't learned it yet.

Some lessons are learned the hard way. Every human has examples, if they are honest with themselves.

I'd prefer somebody who learned this lesson as opposed to somebody who hadn't learned it yet.

Me, I'd prefer someone that wouldn't even consider the idea of banning books in the first place.

a true Palin apologist :clink:

No denying that Damo.

Oooooh....they "demanded" that Disney change the movie "to their liking."

Did they threaten Disney w/ any sort of gov't action or retribution? Did they use their office in a way that was not appropriate, or force Disney to do anything?

Like I said, connie con hacks don't understand censorship. They never have

Right... so Disney didn't censor the movie??? They didn't make material changes due to political pressure??? You truly are the King of all Hacks.

also...they are sitting on a movie that cost them $40 million to make and aren't releasing it on DVD... why?

Me, I'd prefer someone that wouldn't even consider the idea of banning books in the first place.
True, as long as there wasn't something worse over the horizon. As I said before I prefer somebody who learned this lesson to somebody who tells me we need to create that national security force. I'm by far more uncomfortable with that than with this portion of her public life.

The reason that I won't vote for McCain/Palin is because there is a resurgence of the Religious Right mixed in with their campaign. I am hoping that the RR will lose influence over the party, and this isn't the way to do that.

Funny how most of the Dems on this thread have gone overboard on the Palin banning books again, but are ignoring the censorship done by the Clowtoons, ABC/Disney and the Hollywood elite....

Except for Lorax, he is addressing the topic, but using his extreme hackery skills is trying to pretend this isn't censorship. Too much of a hack to realize that there were forced changes made to the docu/drama... had this been done to Moore... all hell would have been raised... oh wait... it was done when there was just TALK of not releasing Moores propaganda piece.

True, as long as there wasn't something worse over the horizon. As I said before I prefer somebody who learned this lesson to somebody who tells me we need to create that national security force. I'm by far more uncomfortable with that than with this portion of her public life.

The reason that I won't vote for McCain/Palin is because there is a resurgence of the Religious Right mixed in with their campaign. I am hoping that the RR will lose influence over the party, and this isn't the way to do that.

Maybe obama is just learning too. Does that weak excuse work for you on this?

Damocles - If you honestly believe that Obama wants to create a national security force along the lines of a domestic military you have several screws loose and need to get help.

It's clear to anyone with 1/3 of a brain what Obama was talking about, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and the like, not what you seem to think.

Get help man.

Back