Great atheists on the meaning & purpose of life

It is mine , a synthesis of Judaism. One God , God is all , Nothing is outside of one God .
I am very involved in Jewish education and anti missionary activity.. Well Versed in Hebrew, Aramaic (The Torah's original text)

As an aside today is the 1st day of Shavuot
In 2024, Shavuot begins at sundown on Tuesday, June 11.

Shavuot, the feast of weeks, is celebrated seven weeks after the second Passover seder. Although Shavuot began as an ancient grain harvest festival, the holiday has been identified since biblical times with the giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai.

Isaiah 45:​

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
are christians as you define them guilty of idolatry?

When I was a Christian, I always acknowledged that the God of the Old Testament was THE God of the New Testament, although I came to understand that Jews are of a different opinion. Be that as it may...my reading of the Old Testament (and I have a Jewish version of the Old Testament) does not truly show it to be monotheistic. The God of the Old Testament often mentions "other gods" and, in fact, prohibits ancient Hebrews from worshiping any of those Gods.

The wording in (for instance) [Deuteronomy 13:7-12] and [Deuteronomy 13:13-19] seems to indicate other Gods in existence.

Where am I on the wrong path on this issue?
Talking about pagan gods

thanks for your honesty.

what do you make of the christian fervor to support Zionism?

are they just dumb goyims?
No, they read in their scripture that their man god will return when All Jews return to Israel

Philosemitism: A term referring to the exaggerated or grandiose “love” displayed by Christian conservatives toward Jews, which often involves the adoption of certain Jewish practices, Despite profuse statements of support for Jews and Israel, Christian Zionist philosemitism coexists with conspiratorial antisemitism and with a stated end-times goal to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, after which Jews must convert to Christianity or be slaughtered.

The dispiriting truth about why many evangelical​

Christians support Israel​

For Christian Zionists, what happens to the Jews and Palestinians is, to put it very mildly, collateral damage.

For many “Christians Zionists,” and particularly for popular evangelists with significant clout within the Republican Party, their support for Israel is rooted in its role in the supposed end times: Jesus’ return to Earth, a bloody final battle at Armageddon, and Jesus ruling the world from the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. In this scenario, war is not something to be avoided, but something inevitable, desired by God, and celebratory.

What happens to the Jews and Palestinians is, to put it very mildly, collateral damage. Christian Zionists are anticipating, and hoping for a war to end all wars, and a resulting Christian world that they claim will vanquish evil and bring peace. Only those who accept Jesus as their savior will benefit from these events that Christian Zionists claim the Bible predicts will happen. Nonbelievers — including Jews and Muslims — will not survive them.

My copy of the Analects of Confucius has this translation:
What you do not want done to yourself, do not do onto others."
same one I quoted.......thanks for confirming

obviously it does exactly what I asserted.....it ignores the first half of Jesus statement of the law and it turns the second half into an axiom of self centeredness......

Admits he didn't know "great" is used to indicate important or distinguished.
I merely pointed out that you identified "not-great" atheists as "great." I didn't have anything to do with that; it was all you. You own that error in judgement.

Karl Marx: Self fulfillment and meaning is achieved through the free exercise of an individual's creative powers through their labor and creations.

Frederich Nietzsche: Meaning and purpose are achieved by the rejection of the saintly values of Christianity and the pursuit of the heroic life of self mastery and self discovery embodied by the Homeric values of the ancient Greeks.

Arthur Schopenhauer: Self fulfillment is achieved by the immersion into aesthetic beauty, music, art.
No such thing as a "Great Atheist", you stupid faggot. I get it, you're a fucking degenerate that doesn't want to stand up to God's rules, well Fuck You.

You're a weak ass motherfucker anyway with no fortitude. Ain't worth a shit. Not much more to say than that. :dunno:

No such thing as a "Great Atheist", you stupid faggot. I get it, you're a fucking degenerate that doesn't want to stand up to God's rules, well Fuck You.

You're a weak ass motherfucker anyway with no fortitude. Ain't worth a shit. Not much more to say than that. :dunno:
Loving thy neighbor, I see.

Hey, what are your god’s rules, anyway? Certainly, calling someone a motherfucker isn’t one of them.

same one I quoted.......thanks for confirming

obviously it does exactly what I asserted.....it ignores the first half of Jesus statement of the law and it turns the second half into an axiom of self centeredness......
So, not giving me the link to the website you got your ideas and thoughts from?

Obviously, if you gave that quote to someone on the street they would instantly perceive a recognizable similarity to the Golden Rule in the Gospel Matthew, despite whatever word-smithing the guy on your webpage is spoon feeding you.

So, not giving me the link to the website you got your ideas and thoughts from?

Obviously, if you gave that quote to someone on the street they would instantly perceive recognizable similarity to the Golden in the Gospel Matthew, despite whatever word-smithing the guy on your webpage is spoon feeding you.
My vocab is in the top 2% of this country, and you are a pusillanimous shitbird pretentious rotten fuck.

I'm your Huckleberry anytime, boy.

You got no backbone or willpower boy, I done said that already, you're just too stupid to realize it.

Back