Gun prices going down

Please give proof and definition of "the worst voting record on gun rights in the past 50 years".
From ontheissues.org
* Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
* Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
* FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
* April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)
* Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
* Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
* 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
* Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
* Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
* Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
* Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

As for the rest of your supposition and conjecture....it changes NOT ONE FACT of the hysteria that the NRA and gun manufacturers generated for you idiots to go out and spend like crazy on guns...and NOTHING has come true regarding all your BS.
...SO HR1022 wasn't ever proposed?
You've been played for suckers...and you don't like it. Obama didn't play you....the folks you worship and trust did. Deal with it. :cof1:
Again, it's not just Obamas election that caused this, but the overturning to a strong Democrat majority in congress AND the white house that fueled this. Not to mention many of Obama's cabinet members having strong anti gun rights records, as well as the speaker of the house and leader of the Senate. It was ENTIRELY LIKELY that HR1022 would pass.

You made the comment that it was all fear mongering.

I returned with proof of it being otherwise.

You resort to name calling and GEDing.

Next you'll say something about my lack of college degree. Or something about my KKK/NRA dues.

your even a bigger moron that I thought if you think millions know about hr 1022.

Yeah they kinda did. It's been all over THR, the largest firearms community in the world. Plus word of mouth and other gun rights forums, it spread pretty quick.

But thanks for proving my last guess wrong.

you are that big a moron
THR vs republican scare tactics prior to the election.

thousands vs millions

maybe if you went to college you'd understand the difference

you are that big a moron
THR vs republican scare tactics prior to the election.

thousands vs millions

maybe if you went to college you'd understand the difference

Damn and you were so close to coming off as an arrogant, yet retarded, jackass. HR1022 was mentioned in every major firearms community for the past year. NRA, GOA, JPFO, SAF, Pink Pistols, Shotguns News, G&A, Etc. The list goes on about gun rights groups getting the word out about the bill, and with good reason as it was a direct affront to our rights as citizens.

Damn and you were so close to coming off as an arrogant, yet retarded, jackass. HR1022 was mentioned in every major firearms community for the past year. NRA, GOA, JPFO, SAF, Pink Pistols, Shotguns News, G&A, Etc. The list goes on about gun rights groups getting the word out about the bill, and with good reason as it was a direct affront to our rights as citizens.

sure GEDboy, next your going to tell me the republican moronic (you prob agreed) scare tactics had nothing to do with the price increase.

Which state did you get your public school degree from?

sure GEDboy, next your going to tell me the republican moronic (you prob agreed) scare tactics had nothing to do with the price increase.
And you'd have any proof of your contention, as I've provided plenty of evidence to back up mine.

Michigan, which state college let you pass remedial English?

you lack basic economics to further this discussion GED boy. I'm out.

No, I think I understand the economics pretty good. Demand rose, supply dropped because most makers couldn't keep up. Thus prices rose. Gun makers have now increased ability to produce (there are no signs that demand has gone down by the way), and thus prices have dropped.

As for ammo prices the rise had more to do with the BATFE not allowing anyone to import surplus ammo, for no known reason. This, mixed with a rising cost in base materials (copper, lead, Etc.), and the war in Iraq consuming a great amount of production, caused a very immediate and lasting shortage. The ATF is still very selective in who they're letting bring in surplus ammo, but the increase of individual reloading has caused a drop in demand.

Last edited:

your supposed to have some sort of degree for business and/or economics, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

and you are claiming that rising gun/ammo prices are the result of republican scare tactics?

you should have stayed in high school an extra year. I don't think you were ready for college.

No, I think I understand the economics pretty good. Demand rose, supply dropped because most makers couldn't keep up. Thus prices rose. Gun makers have now increased ability to produce (there are no signs that demand has gone down by the way), and thus prices have dropped.

You show me that gun sales are still on the rise and I'll say your right.

Yep, Gun Sales Have Fallen Off A Cliff (RGR)
Joe Weisenthal*Oct. 29, 2009, 7:31 PM * 3,055 *20
PrintTags: Investing, Vice, Stocks
The economic crisis combined with the election of a potentially anti-gun liberal to the White House acted as a big stimulus for the gunmakers.

But it seems that all that happened was that gun demand got pulled forward, because now sales are totally falling off a cliff.

A reader sends along some recent numbers from Ruger (RGR).If you look at the bottom line -- firearm sales -- it only looks like there was a slight sequential dip. But ignore that.

The number to look at is orders received in 3Q, which were down 80%. Due to their backlog, actual firearms sales only dipped a little, but they've only got a few quarters of that left, and then that's finished. The bubble is popped.

Back