Here we are again.... the database corruption followed us on this restore...

It might not be a coincidence that what we are facing is exactly what our abusive overlords want for us....driving down morale is a huge feature in their program not a bug.

And their preferred method is deceit.....they consider being honest about their intents and actions a character flaw....they are actually that regressive.

Something to consider.

I knew it, the Revolution did it, Tucker told him ^, so that’s got to be it

Yeah, me too. I hate that this is something that wasn't resolved with the last one. I have a backup from 11/29/2023.. I'm going to try that one. Since I was able to back up on 12/10/2023 after that it may not have the corruption in it.

Thanks for all the work. Sounds like a real PITA although I don't know all the technical aspects of the problem and solution.

This reminds me of a couple of my favorite posts ever on here.

1) The board went out like this and TTQ64 thought that she was being personally blocked (instead of the entire board being down), and when it came back online she declared the board racist (for only blocking her).

2) During the Bush re-election (so not sure if it was JPP or its predecessor) a poster who is still here declared when the board shut down like we're experiencing now that it was the work of the Bush Administration. And the reason the Bush Administration did it was because we on JPP were exposing all their lies and thousands of people (who don't post) read this board (because I mean, who wouldn't want to read JPP on a daily basis). So in essence we were political influencers prior to social media and they had to stop us.

But I'll admit confusion Hawkeye, you profess support for free speech yet that seems highly contradictory to your love affair with Xi. You think Xi is allowing a site like JPP in China?

But maybe the previously referenced poster was right and there really are thousands upon thousands of people who read this site on a daily basis. Thus the revolution and their illegitimate leader can't have a truth teller such as yourself allowed the freedom we have here to expose them.

Both are good examples of separating rational posters from irrational posters. Other examples are those posters who label everyone who disagrees with them as Marxist Soshulist Nazis or equally mentally unstable beliefs.

1) The board went out like this and TTQ64 thought that she was being personally blocked (instead of the entire board being down), and when it came back online she declared the board racist (for only blocking her).

2) During the Bush re-election (so not sure if it was JPP or its predecessor) a poster who is still here declared when the board shut down like we're experiencing now that it was the work of the Bush Administration. And the reason the Bush Administration did it was because we on JPP were exposing all their lies and thousands of people (who don't post) read this board (because I mean, who wouldn't want to read JPP on a daily basis). So in essence we were political influencers prior to social media and they had to stop us.

But I'll admit confusion Hawkeye, you profess support for free speech yet that seems highly contradictory to your love affair with Xi. You think Xi is allowing a site like JPP in China?

But maybe the previously referenced poster was right and there really are thousands upon thousands of people who read this site on a daily basis. Thus the revolution and their illegitimate leader can't have a truth teller such as yourself allowed the freedom we have here to expose them.

I remember number 2. I know who you are talking about...

:D

We appreciate the work you're putting in Damo. I see we have rolled back to 12/10. I'm not sure what database you're using, MySQL or Mongo I'm guessing. I will throw out that my experience is database corruption is generally hardware related. I'm guessing that you're not running RAID 61 on virtualized SSD's.. I would suspect the physical disks if they are mechanical, or the RAID controller (especially if it's a Dell Perc.)

Let me know if I can help.

Well, the database is kept by another company, it is on the cloud... I'll look into what kind of safeties they have, maybe I should change server companies. LOL

You got to be kidding, you expect the “Revolution,” the poster who admitted his “grapevine” and Russian propagandist were legitimate sources to answer a content question?

And you had to be a slight nervous yesterday at half time, the chips and dips weren’t going down to easy

You got to be kidding, you expect the “Revolution,” the poster who admitted his “grapevine” and Russian propagandist were legitimate sources to answer a content question?

And you had to be a slight nervous yesterday at half time, the chips and dips weren’t going down to easy

The Han talking points/response are being delivered as we speak.

Pardon my French but I was metaphorically sh*ting my pants during that first half. That was an absolute *ss kicking they delivered. Fortunately it's a two half game and that was quite the comeback.

Interesting to see us favored in the SB. Based on the regular season, sure. But in the SB Mahomes should not be an underdog.

Sorry it's being like this. Good luck, Damo. I am sure you will find the solution.

These things are always frustrating to the max until the solution is found. Then comes the good feeling of having resolved it and done the seemingly impossible.

Meanwhile, if anyone has access to SMK's funnies from yesterday, please make a post to that thread so it comes up on the front page? Because of the DB rebuild I can't get it through SMK's page. That goes back to 12-10-23 and has nothing newer.

Show me the Funnies!

thanks.

Sorry it's being like this. Good luck, Damo. I am sure you will find the solution.

These things are always frustrating to the max until the solution is found. Then comes the good feeling of having resolved it and done the seemingly impossible.

Meanwhile, if anyone has access to SMK's funnies from yesterday, please make a post to that thread so it comes up on the front page? Because of the DB rebuild I can't get it through SMK's page. That goes back to 12-10-23 and has nothing newer.

Show me the Funnies!

thanks.

Unfortunately, it appears I cannot compose or reply to private messages. No idea why. I can't click on the reply box. But to answer your question, I'm pretty sure it was the DB rebuild.

Unfortunately, it appears I cannot compose or reply to private messages. No idea why. I can't click on the reply box. But to answer your question, I'm pretty sure it was the DB rebuild.
It appears to work for me. I sent you a message. It didn't bounce. I know you're intelligent and educated. Did you check all of your settings?

I finally got it figured out, the searchcore_text table was corrupted. I have fixed it (I rebuilt it from an older version and updated it using the update tool for those who may understand).

I then took a full backup... And viola...

Hopefully this will continue to work. I wish I had found the flaw earlier... but at least I don't have to go back in time further to find one without the corrupt table. I would have used a newer backup to restore but that ship sailed as I had no valid complete backups past the 12/10/2023 backup with the corrupt table.
Thanks for the effort.

I had that problem and it was due to me needing to clear out some messages to make room.

And it is still there. I tried to get a full backup for about a month and could not resolve the issue. No repairs are doing it. And when I restored using the 12/10/2023 this time I tried again and I still had the issue. So, something corrupted it before then and I am going to have to keep trying to find a valid backup and we may lose more posts than we did this time...

I'm thinking of turning on the site while I figure out this mess. Creating a test site or something and allowing you all to post, it would entail losing the posts again when I finally find a clean backup without the corruption.

Thank you for working on it.

While the methods may be questionable,
somebody is obviously doing a very credible job of destroying evidence.

I promise it isn't me. :innocent:

the searchcore_text table was corrupted.
I’m trying to decipher which translation works best:

Greek:
ο πυρήνας αναζήτησης - πίνακας κειμένου ήταν κατεστραμμένος

Simplified Chinese:
搜索核心 - 文本表已损坏
:thinking:

You are lying about a poster who is no longer here

Back