Herman Cain: Communities should be able to ban mosques

yet, honor killings have already occurred in Texas, Georgia, Minnesota, New York, and Arizona for reasons ranging from being raped to wearing blue jeans.......

https://theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com/tag/usa-sharia-law-honor-killing-iraqi/
http://www.rense.com/general88/mus6.htm

I'm curious......what would your opinion be if a Catholic school was teaching their students that it is right and proper to a parent to kill a child for failing to go to confession......

And those who did so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

And if catholic school was teaching their students that it is right & proper for a parent to kill a child for failing to go to confession I would be upset, disgusted and worried for the child. What I would NOT do is ban catholic churches.

And those who did so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

And if catholic school was teaching their students that it is right & proper for a parent to kill a child for failing to go to confession I would be upset, disgusted and worried for the child. What I would NOT do is ban catholic churches.

would you consider regulating what was taught at parachial schools......(keep in mind that every mosque is also an educational facility)........

LOL, the freedom of religion clause is meaningless to rightwing bigots.

Rightwingers panty-wetting fear of Muslim Sharia is hilarious.

yet, honor killings have already occurred in Texas, Georgia, Minnesota, New York, and Arizona for reasons ranging from being raped to wearing blue jeans.......

https://theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com/tag/usa-sharia-law-honor-killing-iraqi/

I'm curious......what would your opinion be if a Catholic school was teaching their students that it is right and proper to a parent to kill a child for failing to go to confession......

Whadya mean if? Where I come from they do!

Last edited:

Good lord, you and your strawmen. You're going to let a few fringe nuts define one of the world great religions that have over a billion peaceful practitioners? That's insane! For every link you can provide about some nut job Muslim in this country doing some hideous crime I bet I can post 5 links or more of some Christian nut job who's done worse.

PiMP, people around the world aren't stupid and their wouldn't be over a billion Muslims, most of them living in secular nations, if the religion didn't bring a lot of positive things to their life and world view. To define their religion or any religion for that matter, by a hand full of extremist is just completely irrational if not down right bigoted.

would you consider regulating what was taught at parachial schools......(keep in mind that every mosque is also an educational facility)........

I am not sure. If there are standards to be met, then yes. If its a matter of "don't hate the US Gov't" then no.

If a regulation were added to require that all religious activities that are against US law were to be listed as such during the course of the child's education, then perhaps.

What I see here is that the muslims who worship in a mosque are required to prove their innocence, and are guilty until they do so.

I don't see that standard being applied to any other religious group in the US.

Conservatard Chris-chuns believe the Constitution is only for them, not Muslims.

torn_const.jpg

Leave it to the Liberals to emotively jump to the defense of anything anti-American! Communists... Che... Mao... Islam... the more un-American, the better, eh pinheads?

LOL at panty-wetting Teatards quaking in fear.

TerrifiedFaces.gif
snowy_mosque.jpg

The southern state of Tennessee is the latest example of an irrational fear of Islam, which threatens American values and Muslim civil liberties.

Bill Ketron Jr, a Republican State Senator in Tennessee who was first elected in 2002, introduced Senate bill 1028.

The fiery language of the bill is not unfamiliar in the American public square: In the lead-up to the 2010 elections we saw Newt Gingrich and other candidates for election, Islamophobic commentators and websites warn of the threat.

Senate bill 1028 goes further than other states have gone.

It provides the Tennessee state attorney general with the authority to designate "sharia organisations", defined as "two or more persons conspiring to support, or acting in concert in support of, sharia or in furtherance of the imposition of sharia within any state or territory of the United States."

According to the bill, anyone who provides material support or resources to a designated organization could be charged with a felony and face up to 15 years of jail.

The bill simplistically equates sharia with terrorism without any proof and declares that it is "treasonous" and incompatible with the US constitution.

It incorrectly identifies sharia as a political doctrine that "requires all its adherents to actively support the establishment of a political society based upon sharia as foundational or supreme law and the replacement of any political entity not governed by sharia with a sharia political order."

The bill goes on to state: "Sharia requires all its adherents to actively and passively support the replacement of American constitutional republic, including the representative government of this state with a political system based upon sharia."

The very start of the language of the bill is profoundly disturbing. Sharia is falsely equated with Islamic law.

Sharia refers to God's will, laws, principles and values, found in the Qur'an and the traditions of the prophet Muhammad.

Islamic law is the product of early jurists who interpreted and developed during it in the early Islamic centuries.

The hysteria continues with unsubstantiated accusations: "The knowing adherence to sharia and to foreign sharia authorities is prima facie evidence of an act in support of the overthrow of the United States government and the government of this state through the abrogation, destruction, or violation of the United States and Tennessee Constitutions by the likely use of imminent criminal violence and terrorism with the aim of imposing sharia on the people of this state."

The bill states that its goal is not to outlaw freedom of religion or the practice of Islam. However, though breathtakingly devoid of evidence of any call to impose sharia in Tennessee or anywhere else in the US, it uncritically condemns sharia and asserts that it represents a major threat to Tennessee, brush-stroking the vast majority of mainstream Muslims and Islam in America.

For its understanding of the nature and role of Islamic law, it relies on the rhetoric of terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden and the harsh application and punishments meted out in some parts of the world.

The bill is a cheap and transparent attempt by Ketron to pander to the misplaced fears of some citizens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2011/mar/25/islam-religion

Not hardly. The conversion of Byzantium to Islam and the origins of the Ottoman Empire occurred over a 300 year period (from 700 ad to 1000 ad) and hardly resulted in that many deaths as what occurred when Spaniards committed genocide against Mexican natives with the blessings of the Catholic Church.
You know they didn't stop in byzantium right? The armenians would find your comments entirely ignorant.

Back