Hi -- New here.

There are a great many of them, but the overarching theme is summed up easily enough in Kantian form as trying to act according to the maxims you would want people generally to follow. So, for example, if I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone just dumps their garbage wherever they want, I shouldn't litter. It's basically just a somewhat more sophisticated formulation of the Golden Rule.

Who decides if you meet these self-imagined moral standards you claim to follow, sock?

There is a reason for it.... It's not what you tried to pretend it is, as far as anyone has stated, is it?

I didn't try to pretend it was for any particular reason. But, now that you bring it up, yes, I think there is a reason for it. I think the reason is that you hope to derail the substantive discussion, knowing that you'd be badly over your head. So, your hope is that if you throw enough insults my way, I won't get around to making arguments. But, so far, that hasn't worked out for you. Throughout this thread I've made a great many detailed arguments, including what (if I do say so myself) was a strong argument that the Mercatus Center estimates of the cost of "Medicare for all" were exaggerated for political effect.

I didn't try to pretend it was for any particular reason. But, now that you bring it up, yes, I think there is a reason for it. I think the reason is that you hope to derail the substantive discussion, knowing that you'd be badly over your head. So, your hope is that if you throw enough insults my way, I won't get around to making arguments. But, so far, that hasn't worked out for you. Throughout this thread I've made a great many detailed arguments, including what (if I do say so myself) was a strong argument that the Mercatus Center estimates of the cost of "Medicare for all" were exaggerated for political effect.

oh man you sank that in my beer

my turn to chug the mug

I didn't try to pretend it was for any particular reason.

I disagree, sock. It appears to me that's exactly what you did.

But, now that you bring it up, yes, I think there is a reason for it. I think the reason is that you hope to derail the substantive discussion, knowing that you'd be badly over your head. So, your hope is that if you throw enough insults my way, I won't get around to making arguments.

Self-aggrandize much, sock?

Throughout this thread I've made a great many detailed arguments.

You have? Cite them, sock.

You can find it in the thread. Just reread.

So much illogicality.

If you can spot something illogical about it, feel free to provide that specifically.

I don't see it....

That sounds like a personal problem. If you hadn't established this pattern of claiming not to see things that were plainly in the thread, I'd be inclined to help you out with it. But, as I explained, at this point I suspect you're either disingenuous or lazy, so I'll leave you to do your own work.

There are a great many of them, but the overarching theme is summed up easily enough in Kantian form as trying to act according to the maxims you would want people generally to follow. So, for example, if I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone just dumps their garbage wherever they want, I shouldn't litter. It's basically just a somewhat more sophisticated formulation of the Golden Rule.

How about you? What morals do you possess?

he is among the moralless

which is why he doesnt know that cheating is not winning

Convenient.

Not really. It means I have to do both parts myself: the action and the self-examination to see if the action was righteous. It would be much easier if I could out-source the judgment part to some divine being, who could give me clear and faultless guidance, but since that job is vacant, I have to make the best of the situation on my own.

Back