Hi -- New here.

Not really. It means I have to do both parts myself: the action and the self-examination to see if the action was righteous. It would be much easier if I could out-source the judgment part to some divine being, who could give me clear and faultless guidance, but since that job is vacant, I have to make the best of the situation on my own.

Poor sock. How hard you must work at convincing yourself that you are moral. :rofl2:

If you'd stopped there, sock, you have a point.

Since you added this, you don't:

As you can surely see, that was grammatically in the subjunctive. I'm not claiming that I post like someone else. I'm saying that if the reason I'm suspected of being a sock puppet is that I post like someone else, I'd be curious to know who that is.

Poor sock. How hard you must work at convincing yourself that you are moral. :rofl2:

As a reminder, my claim wasn't that I am moral, but rather that I have morals -- in other words, I have standards that I try to live up to (though admittedly not always succeeding). How about you? I explained what my core moral standard is. What's yours?

As a reminder, my claim wasn't that I am moral, but rather that I have morals -- in other words, I have standards that I try to live up to (though admittedly not always succeeding).

I'm sure you judge yourself very harshly, sock. :rofl2:

So you keep claiming, sock. Try reposting, and cite the text that you claim backs up your assertion.

I'll happily do so if someone asks and it appears to be a genuine request -- the same way that I posted the reference to my post explaining why I'm posting during a week-day, when you claimed not to have seen it. But that would require that I consider the request genuine, the way I considered that request by you to be genuine. At this point, though, I know you well enough, through the pattern of your behavior, to know better. So, it will take a request from some other poster for me to make the effort. If you're genuinely curious, go back and reread. If not, move on. I'm not going to keep doing your work for you.

Just signed up today, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a financial analyst in my late 20s, a Korean American, and presently living in NYC. I'm a bit of a political junkie and I lean pretty hard to the left.

You are definitely nor new here, just changed you ID, sis.

Can't back up your assertions....

As you're now aware, I can. I'm not sure if you genuinely didn't know, for example, that I'd already replied to the post about why I'm able to be here during the week, back when you claimed I hadn't replied to it. Nor do I know if you genuinely thought I was lying when I told you I'd already responded to it. But at the time I assumed it was genuine skepticism and so I directed you to the post in question to prove I'd made it. That's how I am. If I say something, it's because I believe it's true. And so that means I can nearly always back up my assertions. But you've effectively lost the privilege of having me do the leg work of restating my evidence, because I no longer believe you when you claim you didn't see it. If some other poster wants to ask, though, I'll be happy to do the leg work of tracking it down, the way I did for you before I had you pegged.

Back