Hi -- New here.

No way I can know if you are a sock or not...but my guess would be you are not.

I have not seen anyone here come near the quality of your work.

If you keep arguing with Legion and Grumpy...you will tire soon. They will ask question after question...not truly caring about the answers.

If the bullshit drives you away...I really hope you find a way to tell those of us impressed (captivated) by your posts where you are going so we...I...can stop by and read more.

I hate to say this...but a poster with your talent is wasted here. This is not an intellectual site...nor a peaceful one.

I appreciate the kind words. My early guess (based on very little data, to be fair), is that Grumpy can be coaxed into talking substance if one can be patient enough to weather the initial conditioned partisan response, but Legion, I'm guessing, is just hoping to troll an emotional response and no amount of patience is going to change that.

He doesn't. He's just saying it in hopes of irritating you.

Some of these guys just shoot of their mouths for no reason other than that.

Well, they're in for a disappointment. I'm a total Vulcan when it comes to people I don't know on anonymous forums. There's nothing they can say to get an emotional response from me.

Well, they're in for a disappointment. I'm a total Vulcan when it comes to people I don't know on anonymous forums. There's nothing they can say to get an emotional response from me.

Don't lie. You're seething with repressed anger, aren't you?

So you say, yet when pressed for dollar amounts and verifiable statistics, you seem more verbal, sock.

Actually, if you read back through the thread, you'll see that very nearly every number quoted, and every single equation covered, came from me. Math is my jam. Writing isn't as much of a talent for me, but is needed to explain the numbers to others, so I do what I can.

Actually, if you read back through the thread, you'll see that very nearly every number quoted, and every single equation covered, came from me. Math is my jam. Writing isn't as much of a talent for me, but is needed to explain the numbers to others, so I do what I can.

If I were half as good at math, logic, and succinctly expressing myself as you are I would be honored to be your sock. lol

Hopefully you'll venture out into the forum at large and start a discussion on one of your favorite topics. I see Legion has already honored you by stealing part of one of your posts and using it to start his own thread.

If I were half as good at math, logic, and succinctly expressing myself as you are I would be honored to be your sock. lol

Hopefully you'll venture out into the forum at large and start a discussion on one of your favorite topics. I see Legion has already honored you by stealing part of one of your posts and using it to start his own thread.

I missed that. Do you have a link to it? I'm still learning my way around here.... plus, as a noob, I thought it might be a bit presumptuous to start my own thread (other than by way of introduction) right off the bat.

I'm really interested in the science and numbers around climate change. Maybe I'll start something around that. If my focus were more on the science and less on the politics of it, which sub-forum would that go into? It's not quite "politics" or "current events." "Off Topic Forum"?

Your jam seems to have led you to unemployment, doesn't it, sock?

Your jam seems to have led you to unemployment, doesn't it, sock?

That's one way to look at it. If I were worse at math, the career I'm in wouldn't be open to me, and I wouldn't have these periods of down time between lucrative projects. I might instead have a nice steady job flipping burgers, for example.

That's one way to look at it. If I were worse at math, the career I'm in wouldn't be open to me, and I wouldn't have these periods of down time between lucrative projects. I might instead have a nice steady job flipping burgers, for example.

Or an employer could offer you a W2 contract or hire you outright. But then you'd need to be able to demonstrate proficiency and a willingness to work hard.

I missed that. Do you have a link to it? I'm still learning my way around here.... plus, as a noob, I thought it might be a bit presumptuous to start my own thread (other than by way of introduction) right off the bat.

Here's the link to it. I was astounded that I wasn't thread-banned from posting because most of Legion's threads ban almost everyone on the forum who might make him look bad, which is pretty much the whole forum except for his sub-norm racist friends.
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?101071-The-gauntlet

Now that you've been deflowered, you may feel free to start your own thread at any time. lol

I'm really interested in the science and numbers around climate change. Maybe I'll start something around that. If my focus were more on the science and less on the politics of it, which sub-forum would that go into? It's not quite "politics" or "current events." "Off Topic Forum"?

An excellent choice. You'll get to meet our resident climate change denier, Havana Moon, who often starts threads proving that 1) it ain't happening, and 2) if it might be but it really isn't because derp blogs, it's not our fault. I would go with general politics or current events, with CE being my first choice. There are quite a few sci-guy-minded folks around here who would be delighted to discuss facts, data, and the like regarding climate change.

I'm glad my husband isn't on this forum. He would instantly glom onto you and forget that I existed because you and he are totally simpatico when it comes to approaching politics, economics, world events, climate change, science. Data- and logic-oriented all the way... this can be discussed logically. Being emotional doesn't help. lol

You might be chained to a desk in an anonymous cubicle in some nondescript NYC high-rise office building, commuting to and from with the other worker bees, five days/week/48 weeks/year. Instead you live and work in one of the planet's most exciting and vibrant cities, sometimes with nose to the grindstone, other times free as a bird. I'm a retired nurse. Were I able to do it all over again, and was your age and unmarried, instead of working in a hospital or office building, I'd be a travel nurse. Great pay while on assignment; then whatever down time you want and can afford; then a new gig in a new location. As much freedom as you could want, while still paying the bills!

Back