Hillary Sect of State?

Cancel7

Banned
I don’t know why this was leaked, and I don’t know if it’s even true, but, it appears that it is, because she flew to Chicago yesterday, and it would seem
insane for the Obama people to leak this and then not offer it to her.

A lot of pundits on both the left, the right, and wherever, have been claiming they’re shocked by this. Why would you offer this position to a woman who hit you hard on your foreign policy plans –heavy on the diplomacy – during the primary? This strikes me as funny, because these people either don’t listen, or have been in Dc for so long that they assume everything they hear is PR and not for real.

But when Obama said that he has been reading a lot of Lincoln, and also a lot about Lincoln, most notably, “Team of Rivals”, I don’t think he was just talking shit.

The other argument I have heard and read, is well, why would she want it? Why would she want to give up a probably life-time senate seat for what will be a temporary job? Well, why does everyone assume that a person would want to rot in the Senate and die there at 90? That might be, and in fact, is, for some people, but it’s not for everybody.

I personally have no problem with this and am getting soooo sick and tired of the left who does have a problem with it. Hillary Clinton did one hundred times more than many, including both Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, both of whom did not pay any price for trying to bury their opponents even after losing, than any man, ever, did, ever. And still, the whining. So, shut up, and sit down. Hillary Clinton has been working all over this country to elect democrats, unlike Joe Lieberman who is going to be rewarded by the boys, for working all over this country to try and elect Republicans. And she has been doing it since 2000 that I clearly remember, very possibly earlier. She worked hard to get her former rival Barack Obama elected.

She’s effective, extremely smart, and very knowledgeable. And this is the woman who went to DC only a short time after the opposing party had demonized her beyond the telling of it, and tried to impeach her husband out of office, and within months was winning raves from that opposition. So even though she doesn’t wink and sashay around like a bimbo, what do you know, but she obviously has got a lot of charm and diplomatic skills going for her. Those are good things to have as Secretary of State. To the whiny, Hillary-hating left – SHUT UP ALREADY. Like you would have voted for her if Obama lost, and like you would have been campaigning for her. God I’m sick of them.

Hillary is a very capable person. Even if I don't agree with all of her views, she is unmistakably a force to be reckoned with.

She and Obama had a tough battle against each other. And then a victor was declared. That battle is no longer an issue.

The smartest thing a new president can do is to surround himself with top people. It is even smarter to surround himself with top people who are best in areas where he is lacking.

I think Hillary should be in his cabinet. Not to placate other people in the party, but because she has shown herself to be of the caliber Obama wants.

Hillary is a very capable person. Even if I don't agree with all of her views, she is unmistakably a force to be reckoned with.

She and Obama had a tough battle against each other. And then a victor was declared. That battle is no longer an issue.

The smartest thing a new president can do is to surround himself with top people. It is even smarter to surround himself with top people who are best in areas where he is lacking.

I think Hillary should be in his cabinet. Not to placate other people in the party, but because she has shown herself to be of the caliber Obama wants.

I agree. I think that besides for keeping Gates, he may also appoint another Republican...they would be Hagel-like, perhaps Hagel himself. And as long as he is not involved in Domestic policy, I have no problem with Hagel, I think that he is a man of uncommon integrity. So, he does seem to really want a so-called team of rivals, and I think it's great to surround yourself with, smart, capable, people of some brilliance in certain fields, who don't all agree with you. We see where being surrounded by only people who agree with you has gotten us.

On another note - I just saw Governor John Corzine on Mornign Schmo, and they said that the Wall street Journal was reporting this morning that he has moved to among the top contenders for Secretary of Treasury.

Now that would be a cabinet appointment that would really make me happy. I'd love to see Obama step away from the Clinton era economic gurus like Larry Sumners who were deregulation wizards themselves. And I like what I hear from Corzine...always have.

I don’t know why this was leaked, and I don’t know if it’s even true, but, it appears that it is, because she flew to Chicago yesterday, and it would seem
insane for the Obama people to leak this and then not offer it to her.

A lot of pundits on both the left, the right, and wherever, have been claiming they’re shocked by this. Why would you offer this position to a woman who hit you hard on your foreign policy plans –heavy on the diplomacy – during the primary? This strikes me as funny, because these people either don’t listen, or have been in Dc for so long that they assume everything they hear is PR and not for real.

But when Obama said that he has been reading a lot of Lincoln, and also a lot about Lincoln, most notably, “Team of Rivals”, I don’t think he was just talking shit.

The other argument I have heard and read, is well, why would she want it? Why would she want to give up a probably life-time senate seat for what will be a temporary job? Well, why does everyone assume that a person would want to rot in the Senate and die there at 90? That might be, and in fact, is, for some people, but it’s not for everybody.

I personally have no problem with this and am getting soooo sick and tired of the left who does have a problem with it. Hillary Clinton did one hundred times more than many, including both Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, both of whom did not pay any price for trying to bury their opponents even after losing, than any man, ever, did, ever. And still, the whining. So, shut up, and sit down. Hillary Clinton has been working all over this country to elect democrats, unlike Joe Lieberman who is going to be rewarded by the boys, for working all over this country to try and elect Republicans. And she has been doing it since 2000 that I clearly remember, very possibly earlier. She worked hard to get her former rival Barack Obama elected.

She’s effective, extremely smart, and very knowledgeable. And this is the woman who went to DC only a short time after the opposing party had demonized her beyond the telling of it, and tried to impeach her husband out of office, and within months was winning raves from that opposition. So even though she doesn’t wink and sashay around like a bimbo, what do you know, but she obviously has got a lot of charm and diplomatic skills going for her. Those are good things to have as Secretary of State. To the whiny, Hillary-hating left – SHUT UP ALREADY. Like you would have voted for her if Obama lost, and like you would have been campaigning for her. God I’m sick of them.

she did vote for iraq though. I thought you weren't going to forgive her for that?

she did vote for iraq though. I thought you weren't going to forgive her for that?

I believe it was 8 times Darla said she wasn't going to vote for Obama as well after a decision he made while a candidate. Things can be forgiven.

I like Kerry for SofS better.

I cannot stand Hillary.... but she would be a far better candidate than Kerry. Though that isn't really saying much as most would be better than that dolt. Do we really want someone who is dumber than Bush to be representing us to the world?

I say Obama appoints Kerry as Sec. of Janitorial Services

He lost a close election....to Bush.

She lost a close primary... to Obama.

Slightly different level of competition.

Kerry's idiocy is only surpassed by those that continue electing him.

Are you seriously judging Kerry's intelligence based solely on the fact that he lost to Bush?

Are you seriously judging Kerry's intelligence based solely on the fact that he lost to Bush?

No you moron... I was comparing Hillary's loss to Kerrys in response to Chap trying to make the point that Kerry got closer than Hillary.

That said, it doesn't change my opinion that Kerry is an idiot.

If your panties are in such a bunch because of my opinion, then perhaps you can tell us the last thing of value Kerry has done.

No you moron... I was comparing Hillary's loss to Kerrys in response to Chap trying to make the point that Kerry got closer than Hillary.

That said, it doesn't change my opinion that Kerry is an idiot.

If your panties are in such a bunch because of my opinion, then perhaps you can tell us the last thing of value Kerry has done.

I was actually referring to both of your posts. In the first you said that Kerry was "dumber than Bush" and you seem to suggest that Kerry is "dumber than Bush" because he lost an election to Bush. No?

And no, my panties aren't in a bunch because of your opinion. I'm just trying to figure out the factual basis for your opinion as whether I value an opinion or not depends largely on whether the opinion has a basis in fact and whether that basis is substantial or weak.

Relax. You seem to be on edge lately.

........ Hillary Clinton has been working all over this country to elect democrats, unlike Joe Lieberman who is going to be rewarded by the boys, for working all over this country to try and elect Republicans. .........So even though she doesn’t wink and sashay around like a bimbo, what do you know, but she obviously has got a lot of charm and diplomatic skills going for her. Those are good things to have as Secretary of State. To the whiny, Hillary-hating left – SHUT UP ALREADY. Like you would have voted for her if Obama lost, and like you would have been campaigning for her. God I’m sick of them.

Who's rewarding Lieberman and with what?

Now that would be a cabinet appointment that would really make me happy. I'd love to see Obama step away from the Clinton era economic gurus like Larry Sumners who were deregulation wizards themselves. And I like what I hear from Corzine...always have.

Mr. Taxman himself. I'll pass. I'm not a fan of Corzine.

I was actually referring to both of your posts. In the first you said that Kerry was "dumber than Bush" and you seem to suggest that Kerry is "dumber than Bush" because he lost an election to Bush. No?

And no, my panties aren't in a bunch because of your opinion. I'm just trying to figure out the factual basis for your opinion as whether I value an opinion or not depends largely on whether the opinion has a basis in fact and whether that basis is substantial or weak.

Relax. You seem to be on edge lately.

Not on edge moron... just tired of your idiocy. Yes, grade wise, Kerry was certainly dumber than Bush. Kerry ran a worse campaign than Bush. Kerry has accomplished jack shit in how many years? I note you haven't mentioned any of his accomplishments. He is an idiot.

Not on edge moron... just tired of your idiocy. Yes, grade wise, Kerry was certainly dumber than Bush. Kerry ran a worse campaign than Bush. Kerry has accomplished jack shit in how many years? I note you haven't mentioned any of his accomplishments. He is an idiot.

You sure do a lot of name calling. Glass houses and all . . .

And I'm not Kerry's fucking biographer so I'm not inclined to list his accomplishments for you.

No, I said I couldn't vote for in the presidential not because of the Iraqi vote - I supported Edwards and he made the same vote - but rather because she had voted against banning cluster bombs in civilian areas.

I think she'd make a good sect of state.

I'm not a big fan of Kerry, but to call him an idiot is just silly.

Back