Hillary Sect of State?

No, I said I couldn't vote for in the presidential not because of the Iraqi vote - I supported Edwards and he made the same vote - but rather because she had voted against banning cluster bombs in civilian areas.

I think she'd make a good sect of state.

Its probably not a bad thing for the Sec of State to have voted as she did.

When you will be negotiating with the world, having the "big stick" is an asset. Being known as someone who would not use the big stick would be detrimental.

I'm not a big fan of Kerry, but to call him an idiot is just silly.

It is an OPINION... I think he is an idiot. For all those who think it 'silly'... perhaps you can give an example to show anything of substance from him that might alter that opinion rather than getting all worked up about it.

You sure do a lot of name calling. Glass houses and all . . .

And I'm not Kerry's fucking biographer so I'm not inclined to list his accomplishments for you.

translation: " I am going to continue getting my panties in a bunch, yet I have nothing of substance with regards to Kerry to suggest he is anything other than the idiot you suggested he was. "

It is an OPINION... I think he is an idiot. For all those who think it 'silly'... perhaps you can give an example to show anything of substance from him that might alter that opinion rather than getting all worked up about it.

I don't live in MA so I am not very familiar with his Senate work, however, during his debates with bush, the word "idiot" was not what would come to mind. Erudite, policy wonk, professorial, maybe, but not idiot. And I read a very in-depth and long interview with him in the NY Times magazine - which he was attacked for by the simple right, because he talked intellectually about terrorism rather than emotionally - and he came off as one hell of a smart, educated, and knowledgeable person.

I don't live in MA so I am not very familiar with his Senate work, however, during his debates with bush, the word "idiot" was not what would come to mind. Erudite, policy wonk, professorial, maybe, but not idiot. And I read a very in-depth and long interview with him in the NY Times magazine - which he was attacked for by the simple right, because he talked intellectually about terrorism rather than emotionally - and he came off as one hell of a smart, educated, and knowledgeable person.

translation: "I drank my 'defend all Dem idiots' batch of kool-aid today right after Dung"

Its probably not a bad thing for the Sec of State to have voted as she did.

When you will be negotiating with the world, having the "big stick" is an asset. Being known as someone who would not use the big stick would be detrimental.

You know what it is Solitary, cluster bombs kill mostly children. Theyre just horrific. And I couldn't pull the lever for her after that vote. It really hurt me not to support the first woman president, but that vote was the deal breaker.

However, as I have written on this board in the past, I do feel that Hillary, as a woman, could not afford to be viewed as weak in any way during the primary, or she would have been handicapped in the general. It's for this reason that I really believe the first woman president is more likely to be a republican. Because she will not have to run left in a primary.

Even so, I couldn't let that vote go.

Did you not watch the bush/kerry debates?

So you would like this to turn into a battle between the two idiots?

yes, Kerry can speak better than Bush.... great accomplishment. Point Kerry.

Kerry LOST to Bush.... point Bush.

Yale... Both C students, though Kerry slightly behind Bush.... 1/2 pt. to Bush.

Kerry has done little in the Senate. 3 Points Kerry... cause, Bush fucked up a lot.

Kerry let Bush win... -1,000,000,000 points Kerry

So yes, he is like way way behind Bush.

Relative to Hillary... Kerry is an idiot
Relative to a paper bag... race is too close to call.

So you would like this to turn into a battle between the two idiots?

yes, Kerry can speak better than Bush.... great accomplishment. Point Kerry.

Kerry LOST to Bush.... point Bush.

Yale... Both C students, though Kerry slightly behind Bush.... 1/2 pt. to Bush.

Kerry has done little in the Senate. 3 Points Kerry... cause, Bush fucked up a lot.

Kerry let Bush win... -1,000,000,000 points Kerry

So yes, he is like way way behind Bush.

Relative to Hillary... Kerry is an idiot
Relative to a paper bag... race is too close to call.

No, I didn't think that Kerry "sounded smart compared to bush" in the debates. I mean, bush sounded like a 2 year old suffering from a tragic case of mental retardation.

I mean that Kerry was just smart in the debates. He gave very smart, very confident, very knowledgeable, performances. You couldn't walk away from them and fairly say that he's an idiot.

Translation: I wish there was some way I could have McCain's baby, or babies.

LOL

I had the worst f'ing morning. I actually came home to drink Bailey's for lunch. I am enjoying this thread. What would make it better would be for SF to become really enraged and do one of his chimpanzee rants.

No, I didn't think that Kerry "sounded smart compared to bush" in the debates. I mean, bush sounded like a 2 year old suffering from a tragic case of mental retardation.

I mean that Kerry was just smart in the debates. He gave very smart, very confident, very knowledgeable, performances. You couldn't walk away from them and fairly say that he's an idiot.

Actually, anyone who was not a Dem kool-aid consumer could easily walk away from those debates and say he is an idiot. He talked all bullshit and fluff (which for koolaid drinkers must translate to knowledgable and confident).

Translation: if I can figure out a way to have McCain's baby, I'll name him or her "Palin"...

translation: "my obsession with having McCains child is starting to show, so I shall project it onto someone else.... and I'll toss in Palin as well in a vain attempt to divert attention to my secret love for McCain"

Back