Hillary Sect of State?

you get so worked up because I think Kerry is a moron and then whine about me calling him names, yet here you are tossing out your idiocy on Palin once again.... Bible Spice... it is truly pathetic how bigoted you are towards people who believe in religion.

I don't care what you call Kerry. I wanted to know why you call Kerry what you call Kerry. Now I'm wondering how it is at all possible for the same person to think Kerry is an idiot whereas Bible Spice had vast executive experience and was such an asset to the McCain campaign that she would single-handedly win him virtually every swing state.

You're like a riddle wrapped in an enigma and I'm just trying to figure it all out.

As for why I call Palin "Bible Spice," admittedly it has a lot more to do with why the McCain campaign selected her than her personal attributes, although the shallowness of her understanding of virtually all national issues and her failure to decline being selected as VP and her current constant media campaign make me want to continue calling her "Bible Spice" into perpetuity.

Yep, my thoughts too.......as a casual reader of this thread.

Thanks, leaningright. Out of curiosity, could you point out where I got "worked up" that SF called Kerry an idiot as opposed to simply asking him why he thinks Kerry is an idiot. It would help me to prevent seeming "worked up" in the future when that is not my intent.

This thread is the only document translated more than the Bible. We should mount it on the wall for posterity.

Thanks, leaningright. Out of curiosity, could you point out where I got "worked up" that SF called Kerry an idiot as opposed to simply asking him why he thinks Kerry is an idiot. It would help me to prevent seeming "worked up" in the future when that is not my intent.

Leaning is just fixated on the bible spice phrase, he doesn't like that. I think that's what it is anyway.

I think it's hysterical, but we know what kind of person I am!

I don't care what you call Kerry. I wanted to know why you call Kerry what you call Kerry. Now I'm wondering how it is at all possible for the same person to think Kerry is an idiot whereas Bible Spice had vast executive experience and was such an asset to the McCain campaign that she would single-handedly win him virtually every swing state.

You're like a riddle wrapped in an enigma and I'm just trying to figure it all out.

As for why I call Palin "Bible Spice," admittedly it has a lot more to do with why the McCain campaign selected her than her personal attributes, although the shallowness of her understanding of virtually all national issues and her failure to decline being selected as VP and her current constant media campaign make me want to continue calling her "Bible Spice" into perpetuity.

I called Kerry an idiot because IT IS MY OPINION OF THE MAN. Do you comprehend that now moron? When he comes out with 'knowledgable' plans like 'I'll do what Bush is doing but with like some more troops or something' ... I take that as a sign that he is indeed a moron. He didn't do a damn thing to distinguish himself. He ran on the campaign of "I'm not Bush". THAT was all he could come up with. He is an idiot.

As for Palin, I did not say that she would carry the swing states all by herself. I said she would help McCain with the RR, which she did. But the way McCain ran his campaign in the last couple of months doomed him. I also never stated that Palin had 'vast experience'. So enough of your bullshit. If you are simply going to make shit up and proclaim that I said it, then our conversation is done.

Nope....I was not refrencing you getting "worked up." I was just refrencing how people absolutely hated Palin and the main reason they have for doing so shows "how bigoted [they] are towards people who believe in religion."

you can pick ANY group or segment of the population and point to the more radical elements within that group and say the same damn thing.

maybe, but some of us don't care for overly-religious people or institutions. We have that right too. rights are not just for religion and religious people. And don't worry they're doing fine in this country. They don't need anyone's expressions of overwrought outrage.

it's the perfect description of why she was picked. to excite the religious base of the party who never trusted or liked Mccain - "bible" - and because she's goodlooking, and she herself certainly played up, rather than down, her sexiness - "spice"

Nope....I was not refrencing you getting "worked up." I was just refrencing how people absolutely hated Palin and the main reason they have for doing so shows "how bigoted [they] are towards people who believe in religion."

I'm so bigoted towards people that believe in religion that I voted for Obama and Biden simply because they are both atheists. That's how much I'm bigoted towards people who believe in religion. I also voted for Kerry and Edwards because they were atheists. Same with Gore-Lieberman. Locally, I voted for Kerry in the Senate (again) because he's an atheist. Deval Patrick, yet another atheist that I voted for. The list is virtually endless.

Translation: "I am tired of reading this bullshit. Try and stick to the topic."

Here:

"I have to start by saying I'm very happy there is so much press attention and interest in transit -- especially guesses about my own. But on the off chance that you're not here for this important issue, and are here for some other reason, let me just say that I'm not going to speculate or address anything about the president-elect's incoming administration.

"And I'm going to respect his process, and any inquiries should be directed to his transition team..."

That's from Hilalry's presser today.

As it is, all of this speculation about cabinet positions is just that, speculation. Until I hear Obama, Emmanuel or a select other few comment of the record about who is being considered for what, I'm just going to ignore it all.

And so, as to the topic......I heard all the speculation this morning on the news. People seem to get worked up when the names Bush, Clinton, Obama or McCain are used because that is all that you seem to see on the news anymore. I thought they might have other things to talk about after the election but alas.....

maybe, but some of us don't care for overly-religious people or institutions. We have that right too. rights are not just for religion and religious people. And don't worry they're doing fine in this country. They don't need anyone's expressions of overwrought outrage.

I never said you didn't have the right to your opinion. But when you disparage an entire group based on the more radical within that group, you display bigotry.

It is no different than the idiots that attack gays and lesbians simply for thier sexual preferences. No different than those who attack african americans simply because of their pigmentation.

There is no outrage on my part, I simply pointed out the ignorance of dung. If you want to put yourself in there with him, that is your choice.

When I see others try to use 'gay' as an insult, I mock them and point out their bigotry too.

I never said you didn't have the right to your opinion. But when you disparage an entire group based on the more radical within that group, you display bigotry.

It is no different than the idiots that attack gays and lesbians simply for thier sexual preferences. No different than those who attack african americans simply because of their pigmentation.

There is no outrage on my part, I simply pointed out the ignorance of dung. If you want to put yourself in there with him, that is your choice.

When I see others try to use 'gay' as an insult, I mock them and point out their bigotry too.

:lmao:

And so, as to the topic......I heard all the speculation this morning on the news. People seem to get worked up when the names Bush, Clinton, Obama or McCain are used because that is all that you seem to see on the news anymore. I thought they might have other things to talk about after the election but alas.....

well, with the democrats having such a large number of pretty high-profile, accomplished people right now...I think it's only natural to wonder about it. I'm pretty curious to see who goes where. But I think the one I am watching most closely is treasury secretary.

well, with the democrats having such a large number of pretty high-profile, accomplished people right now...I think it's only natural to wonder about it. I'm pretty curious to see who goes where. But I think the one I am watching most closely is treasury secretary.

Wasn't the head of JP Morgan rumored to be a leading candidate?

I'm not really disparging an entire group. I know people of faith whom I like. Palin's policies, and they tend to be religious based, offend me in many ways.

And in my experience, there are plenty of religious fanatics who are really disturbed and mean people. One of them is on this board because they just can't quit me after all these years.

I do think that religious institutions do some good. Feeding people for instance. I wish they would stick more to that and worry less about who is screwing whom, gays, and all their other bs. You know, if you don't like gay sex, don't be gay. It's real simple. Leave other people alone. Get a life!

Wasn't the head of JP Morgan rumored to be a leading candidate?

I don't know. I had only heard Sumners and Tim Geithner, but I'm sure there were others. According to the news this morning - the wall street journal reported that John Corzine is moving up the list now. I have had this feeling that it won't be sumners because all of the DC media pundits love that pick - it's like, oh yeah, sumners, he's brilliant. And you know, that would scare any sane person.

But, we'll see.

Back