Hillary Snaps On Student

This thread reads like a Rorschach test.

I like how on the same day he insisted that he doesn't tell women how they should feel about sexism, or attempt to arbitrate what sexism is and is not, SF is on here doing just that. And Damo's legendary condescension and obfuscation is glaring. (btw Damo, nobody gives a shit what your wife would do in this situation, give it a rest, Mr. I'm a sexist married to a very strong, independent woman who would give this person what for! so I'm not really a sexist, wink wink)

The only person on the thread who has even raised the specter of the rape culture in which this incident occurred was Winterborn.

This is one of the most misogynistic cultures on the planet, and organized rape squads are used as instruments of terror against women there. Of course SF wants to know how, in this culture, a woman could have possibly internalized the cultural norm and devalued herself to the point of asking a sexist question. Yes, this is a mystery alright. How could something like that happen?

Nobody cares IF the translator made an error. And it's again, interesting to watch Damo spout shit as if it were fact without even checking and SF swallowing it right up, and now it's been established as fact the translator made an error because the questioner went up to the SOS after the event and claimed to have been misunderstood. No word on how a translator mistook "Obama" for "Clinton".

But that's irrelevant though it has been bestowed with great relevance by Damo and SF on this thread, as they move through it arbitrating what is and is not sexism and what women should and should not feel about that.

The SOS was asked the question she was asked, not the question someone later claimed they meant to ask. And the question was not "what does your husband think" as SF keeps trying to claim. The question was: "What does Bill Clinton, through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton think".

What a horrible question, bringing to mind instantly the image of a puppet. The fact that this question was asked in a culture where women are powerless and are subject to rape squads, further raises the specter of devaluation of the SOS and of women in general. Of course Mr. Clinton would be speaking through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton in this culture. Maybe Mrs. Clinton should have subjected herself to their rape squads in order to make the haters, and that's what you guys are, Hillary haters, happy.

Or maybe, you're just FOS and should shut the fuck up for once. Just for once.

What's wrong with that?

babes_oct07_jem_00.jpg
*shag*
I can't think of a thing wrong with it now for some reason. *sigh*

I like how on the same day he insisted that he doesn't tell women how they should feel about sexism, or attempt to arbitrate what sexism is and is not, SF is on here doing just that. And Damo's legendary condescension and obfuscation is glaring. (btw Damo, nobody gives a shit what your wife would do in this situation, give it a rest, Mr. I'm a sexist married to a very strong, independent woman who would give this person what for! so I'm not really a sexist, wink wink)

The only person on the thread who has even raised the specter of the rape culture in which this incident occurred was Winterborn.

This is one of the most misogynistic cultures on the planet, and organized rape squads are used as instruments of terror against women there. Of course SF wants to know how, in this culture, a woman could have possibly internalized the cultural norm and devalued herself to the point of asking a sexist question. Yes, this is a mystery alright. How could something like that happen?

Nobody stated that. I have solely stated what is true, the question was mistranslated and an assumption was made that caused her to heap condescension upon a student (college I think not middle school, I don't remember where I heard that) that may not deserve it.

Nobody cares IF the translator made an error. And it's again, interesting to watch Damo spout shit as if it were fact without even checking and SF swallowing it right up, and now it's been established as fact the translator made an error because the questioner went up to the SOS after the event and claimed to have been misunderstood. No word on how a translator mistook "Obama" for "Clinton".

But that's irrelevant though it has been bestowed with great relevance by Damo and SF on this thread, as they move through it arbitrating what is and is not sexism and what women should and should not feel about that.

The SOS was asked the question she was asked, not the question someone later claimed they meant to ask. And the question was not "what does your husband think" as SF keeps trying to claim. The question was: "What does Bill Clinton, through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton think".
Again, both of them are "President", it isn't difficult to see how it could happen, especially with a translator that clearly didn't have a complete grasp of English.

What a horrible question, bringing to mind instantly the image of a puppet. The fact that this question was asked in a culture where women are powerless and are subject to rape squads, further raises the specter of devaluation of the SOS and of women in general. Of course Mr. Clinton would be speaking through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton in this culture. Maybe Mrs. Clinton should have subjected herself to their rape squads in order to make the haters, and that's what you guys are, Hillary haters, happy.

Or maybe it is exactly what I said, a small mistake but a mistake and that she'll get better at the job.

"I like how on the same day he insisted that he doesn't tell women how they should feel about sexism"

Again, more of your bullshit. Please show me where I did that.

"or attempt to arbitrate what sexism is and is not, SF is on here doing just that. "

asking a question on how it is sexism... is not trying to arbitrate anything Darla.... it is ASKING A FUCKING QUESTION to understand why Cypress... another white MAN by the way... thinks it is intentional sexism given that a female translators error is what made the question what it is.

"This is one of the most misogynistic cultures on the planet, and organized rape squads are used as instruments of terror against women there. Of course SF wants to know how, in this culture, a woman could have possibly internalized the cultural norm and devalued herself to the point of asking a sexist question. Yes, this is a mystery alright. How could something like that happen?"

What a load of crap. Now the female translator is devaluing herself? Did you ever stop to think that she just maybe, just maybe heard the questioner ask 'what does the President think about this topic' and her mind went to President Clinton rather than Obama?

"Nobody cares IF the translator made an error. And it's again, interesting to watch Damo spout shit as if it were fact without even checking and SF swallowing it right up, and now it's been established as fact the translator made an error because the questioner went up to the SOS after the event and claimed to have been misunderstood. No word on how a translator mistook "Obama" for "Clinton". "

and you don't know that the questioner said either. Your one tracked mind is so eager to defend Hillary, that you cannot even fathom the possibility that perhaps the questioner stated "President" rather than stating President Clinton/Obama.

"The SOS was asked the question she was asked, not the question someone later claimed they meant to ask. And the question was not "what does your husband think" as SF keeps trying to claim. The question was: "What does Bill Clinton, through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton think"."

So much faux outrage. Hillary fucked up and you can't stand it. deal with it.

Or maybe you should simply shut the fuck up for once. Just for once. Rather than spitting out your ignorance yet again.

I actually thought her response was out of line even if it had come from a student. She's a diplomat who's husband was president of the US and is still active in international relations. - she has to expect that she will get that question - can it be construed as insulting yes but she should probably have a canned politically correct response to it. Going off on students for something like that isnlt cool imo.

I actually thought her response was out of line even if it had come from a student. She's a diplomat who's husband was president of the US and is still active in international relations. - she has to expect that she will get that question - can it be construed as insulting yes but she should probably have a canned politically correct response to it. Going off on students for something like that isnlt cool imo.

QFT

I agree. Will it start a nuclear war? No.

IMO, she'll get better at the job and realizes this as well.

you sure ?
No, I'm not. I'm pretty sure it was a university now, but heck. Too much crap out about it. The "outrage" over this is too large for the size of the mistake. Nobody is perfect for gawds' sakes...

I mean, jumping all over people who aren't saying she's the Devil's Servant is a bit much as well. Both sides are just going insane and making this into more than it ever should have been. It's an "oops I hope she'll do better in the future" moment, not an "end of the earth nuclear destruction" moment.

Excellent post, Her lack of thought before snapping is exactly why she shouldn't even be where she is let alone President

oh, when I posted this on my pda, I didn't really read through all the responses. Now that I know I actually agreed with conservatives, I officially change my position.

The asshole had it coming.

oh, when I posted this on my pda, I didn't really read through all the responses. Now that I know I actually agreed with conservatives, I officially change my position.

The asshole had it coming.

Haha... you sold out LadyT.

Back