Hillary won't get the nomination

I dont care about home state voters voting for or not voting for a canidate, to me its about as signifigant as if you would like to have a beer with the person. In todays age, I do not belive those in him home state know a national figure such as Gore any better or worse than the rest of us. Especally because he had spent the last 8 years in one of the only two nationally elected offices in the Country!

Tenneessee is a conservative southern state... Gore is a liberal national polititian, to me loosing TN should be expected, dispite what history tells us. Conservative people should not vote for a liberal just because he was born close to where they live and visa versa.

Gore won a seat to the Senate, a statewide race in Tennessee. Why would it be unexpected of him to win in the same state that elected him to the Senate?

I dont care about home state voters voting for or not voting for a canidate, to me its about as signifigant as if you would like to have a beer with the person. In todays age, I do not belive those in his home state know a national figure such as Gore any better or worse than the rest of us. Especally because he had spent the last 8 years in one of the only two nationally elected offices in the Country!

Tenneessee is a conservative southern state... Gore is a liberal national polititian, to me loosing TN should be expected, dispite what history tells us. Conservative people should not vote for a liberal just because he was born close to where they live and visa versa.
Then why did they vote Clinton twice? Was he selected to bring Tennessee votes to Clinton?

Tenneessee is a backward conservative southern state while Gore is a progressive national forward thinking polititian.

I would expect Tenneessee to vote against him.

If Senator were from Alabama, I would expect Alabama to vote against her.

Then why did they vote Clinton twice? Was he selected to bring Tennessee votes to Clinton?

I think Gore was selected by President Clinton not for Tenneessee's few electoral votes, but because he was a likeminded individual who would be more than capable of running the nation in the case of President Clintons inability to do so. Also Gore's lack of carisma was a good contrast to President Clinton's overflowing carisma.

I think Gore was selected by President Clinton not for Tenneessee's few electoral votes, but because he was a likeminded individual who would be more than capable of running the nation in the case of President Clintons inability to do so. Also Gore's lack of carisma was a good contrast to President Clinton's overflowing carisma.
Few? The exact same number as Florida? Please.

Gore won a seat to the Senate, a statewide race in Tennessee. Why would it be unexpected of him to win in the same state that elected him to the Senate?

Because a majority of the voters felt Bush would make a better president. Clearly!

But that is not a failure of our system Jarod... it is your desire to CHANGE our current system. The system we have worked as it was supposed to work.

I belive in this one circumstance the system failed by providing the less qualified person as president, the one a majority of voters did not support. Usually the system works, I am not saying we need to change it. It failed this once.

Tenneessee is a backward conservative southern state while Gore is a progressive national forward thinking polititian.

I would expect Tenneessee to vote against him.

If Senator were from Alabama, I would expect Alabama to vote against her.

I intend no disrespect, but you are in denial.

Gore lost because of Gore, no one else. He didn't fight and his strategy was stupid. He choose the worst possible running mate in the entire Senate. He ran away from the success of Clinton, which Damo correctly pointed out, voters from Tennessee voted for twice.

Tenneessee had 11 Florida had 27!
Ah, for some reason I thought they had 25... Geez.

Still, those 11 would have given him the Presidency. He would have had 277, to Bush's 260 had he won his home state. And that is without any controversy over recounts.

lol stupid dim liberals

any1 evr notice hoew the dims name timselves "dim"? lawl ti's cus they aint smart they evn admit it in they name lawal

I intend no disrespect, but you are in denial.

Gore lost because of Gore, no one else. He didn't fight and his strategy was stupid. He choose the worst possible running mate in the entire Senate. He ran away from the success of Clinton, which Damo correctly pointed out, voters from Tennessee voted for twice.

He did chose a bad running mate, and he should have embraced the Clinton legacy not run from it! But you cant call a stragety that got the majority of the votes against a BUSH stupid!

I really don't think that you understand what happened in the 90's. But in order to understand it, you'd have to face it, and you're not going to do that.

So, let's just keep it to today. Rudy will not win NY, nor will any republican presidential candidate. Home states are no longer relevant. They were in the 70's, 80's, and part of the 90's, but it is in the 90's when that began to change. So I guess you can keep saying carter carter carte carter, but, this is the year 2007.

Rudy will not win his home state if he is nominee. And somehow, I doubt that would make you feel better about the democrats stealing Florida. I don't think we'd see you on here claiming that if only Rudy could have won his home state, it wouldn't matter what the dems did in Florida.

So the state that had twice voted for Clinton somehow went overly conservative in four years and could not even bring themselves to vote for their former senator? Rubbish.

Boosh is a gud christian man hes the best president ever!

fuck you! may christ have pity on your soul for hating america n bush!

Ah, for some reason I thought they had 25... Geez.

Still, those 11 would have given him the Presidency. He would have had 277, to Bush's 260 had he won his home state. And that is without any controversy over recounts.

True, and had Bush won CT you can say the same thing. Had they failed to count all of Texas's votes and only conuted Houston and Dallas's votes Gore would have won TX and thus the presidency!

He did chose a bad running mate, and he should have embraced the Clinton legacy not run from it! But you cant call a stragety that got the majority of the votes against a BUSH stupid!
Yes you can. Bush had issues with speaking, with experience, certainly hadn't any more Charisma than Gore and was generally a poor candidate. It takes a special amount of bad in a campaign to let him gain as much as he did.

Back