House passes key foreign aid package

Hopefully he knows the difference between politics and honoring his oath. Too many do not.

The fact that he went to sleep with Trump at Mar-A-Lardo recently tells me that his oath is meaningless. He's one of those fundie types who put their version of god first over everything else.

The fact that he went to sleep with Trump at Mar-A-Lardo recently tells me that his oath is meaningless. He's one of those fundie types who put their version of god first over everything else.
Needing Trump's support is one thing, but breaking his oath is another. Many already have...including some on this forum. Still, like Pence, I think he'll honor his oath.

The odd part is that Trump gives Johnson his support but MTG is still going after Johnson. It doesn't make sense to me that MTG would go against Donnie.

The funny thing is that MAGA could have had a strong border security bill along with this if they hadn't followed Trump's orders to bail out.

Yep. The fact that they don't have a strong border bill tells us that they don't care about the border. It's just a prop to wave around to get the idiot MAGATs stirred up.

Guno צְבִי;5968515 said:
The House has passed a $95 billion package providing foreign aid for Ukraine, Israel and the Indo-Pacific region.
A fourth bill in the package addressed other House GOP priorities, including sanctions on Iran and a measure that could lead to a TikTok ban. The legislation will be combined into a single amendment as it moves on to the Senate.
After months of resisting putting a foreign aid bill on the House floor, GOP Speaker Mike Johnson joined with Democrats to advance the measure to Saturday's vote.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/house-vote-ukraine-israel-taiwan-aid-04-20-24/index.html

And the idiocy of it all is that the GOP could have done the same and accomplished real border reform to included concessions from the Democrats that the Democrats will not agree any time soon now

China and Russia produce something like 10 times the military gear the entire West does, on the average very high quality.

And Russia has the best military in the world.

Buckle Up.

Yep. The fact that they don't have a strong border bill tells us that they don't care about the border. It's just a prop to wave around to get the idiot MAGATs stirred up.
Agreed. It's a wedge issue for them, not valid concern. Notice the racial tinge on the Wall issue versus the lack support for mandatory E-Verify and laws imprisoning businessmen who encourage illegal immigration with jobs, housing and other support.

The funny thing is that MAGA could have had a strong border security bill along with this if they hadn't followed Trump's orders to bail out.
I'm not sure how allowing 5000 illegal immigrants a day is a "strong border bill", but in the end I got what I wanted. Aid for Ukraine regardless of the border.
Another plus is that the MAGAs in the House appear to have backed down. They're far outnumbered by even republicans. A clear defeat for them.

As far as the border, it does not matter to me if dims get to continue their open border policy. It only further erodes their already decaying cities. The illegals understand they're not welcome in communities with sane politicians.

We give Israel a measly billion a year in foreign aid. Taiwan often gets kicked to the curb too because China doesn't like our giving them foreign aid. Ukraine is fucked up like a soup sandwich and fighting a war they can't win but Russia might lose.

In that package that just passed, Taiwan got $8.12 billion. Israel got $4 billion while the Palestinians in the same bill got $9 billion! The rest of the money went to Ukraine who really doesn't do shit for US national security.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-aid-to-ukraine-israel-and-taiwan/ar-AA1nmvGm

Wrong.

Israel has been the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. foreign aid since its founding, receiving about $300 billion (adjusted for inflation) in total economic and military assistance.

Most of the aid—approximately $3.3 billion a year—is provided as grants under the Foreign Military Financing (FMF) program, funds that Israel must use to purchase U.S. military equipment and services.

Right, they don't actually want border security improved.

They want to fundraise on the issue.

We give Israel a measly billion a year in foreign aid. Taiwan often gets kicked to the curb too because China doesn't like our giving them foreign aid. Ukraine is fucked up like a soup sandwich and fighting a war they can't win but Russia might lose.

In that package that just passed, Taiwan got $8.12 billion. Israel got $4 billion while the Palestinians in the same bill got $9 billion! The rest of the money went to Ukraine who really doesn't do shit for US national security.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-aid-to-ukraine-israel-and-taiwan/ar-AA1nmvGm

I did word search on your link and found nothing about Palestinians getting 9 billion dollars.

Needing Trump's support is one thing, but breaking his oath is another. Many already have...including some on this forum. Still, like Pence, I think he'll honor his oath.

The odd part is that Trump gives Johnson his support but MTG is still going after Johnson. It doesn't make sense to me that MTG would go against Donnie.

That IS interesting, isn't it? Maybe the QNuts got a taste of power when they booted the prior Speakers and want to savor it again.

MAGA won't be able to get rid of Johnson, because Democrats said they would give him enough votes to maintain the speakership if he allowed a vote on the foreign aid bill.

I did word search on your link and found nothing about Palestinians getting 9 billion dollars.

Agreed. Terry is "exaggerating" again. The link mentions $9B for global humanitarian aid, including to Gaza:

"It provides $9 billion in global humanitarian aid including for use in Gaza at Democrats’ insistence."

Back