How about a what's in the bag thread?

The irony is I live in a town almost as famous for golf as Augusta, GA.

Sorry my man but I’ve been involved in brutally tough sports, like wrestling, triathlon, road cycling and orienteering that I have a hard time taking golf seriously. I also come from working class stock so I find Golfs country club social aspect really, really weird.

Having said that you should agree that Golf would be an awesome spectator sport if it was played on a minefield and think of how it would help the progressive cause?

I boxed, as an amateur in my teens and on local pro cards while in college. Then I got drafted into the military shortly after college graduation, when my student deferments were done, and that ended that. I fucking hated the army and most of the dumbass rednecks that I met in it, but I got through it, having earned the right to give my opinion--LOUDLY.

I know about brutally tough...on multiple levels.

And I'm a militant proletarian myself. Middle class people live on profits and investment income. People who work for paychecks are working class. In civilian life, I was an accountant, but I helped organize my employer's financial department and served as union rep and executive board member.

But you know what? Oscar DeLaHoya loves golf. Several of the New England Patriots play golf. I've actually played with one of them.

It's perfectly fine not to like any sport.
But I'm guessing that you don't really know a hell of a lot about golf, right?

One works hard.
Pays his mortgage,
Puts his kids through school.
And when he retires, he finds a club that he can join with a senior discount.
I give a fuck about playing jock strap sports at age 71.

No I wrote it and I’m no Jackass. Just a garden variety asshole. I aspire to one day to be a Jackass but I currently lack the certain je ne sais quoi necessary to be a one.

Now the late Great Dixie...he was a Jackass of epic proportions. It’s a shame you didn’t get to meet him.

Sorry I missed him.

Ask any pro athlete about his favorite game...and my guess is that 95% will name golf.

It is a favorite game of athletes!

It is a game MOST professional athletes find extremely challenging.

You are missing one of the great games by dissing golf.

(And I will bite. Do you live in California...near Pebble Beach...or in New Jersey near the course considered the best in the world?)

Back to the thread topic:

A liberal Democrat shows a bag to a Republican American conservative...and says, "If you guess how many crispy fried chicken breasts I've got in this bag, I'll give you one and keep the other."

The Republican American conservative replies, "Three?"

Got to,get used to Mott trolling. He even trolls conservative Democrats from Oklahoma from t e to time. :)

BTW, if golfing didn’t interfere with my gardening and fishing so much I’d do more of it. Like PMP, I have some rusty clubs in a spiderweb filled bag.

I'm a progressive liberal who likes the elitist game of golf, even though I don't particularly like a lot of people who play.

But understand this this. I'm a hard-left activist, not some sissy flower-child hippie.

I think progressive liberals need to toughen up. I understand the reasons to disapprove of golf. Many of them are valid.
But dear poster, I just don't give a fuck. I like to play, so I'm afraid I have to say fuck you.
Hey, hippie, flower children aren’t that bad. I bake great cookies.

You're not bad at all. I'm just not one. I like to wear suits. People think I'm a Republican until I open my mouth.
I know what you mean. When I was a Republican I dressed like a Hippie. Now that I’m Democrat I have short hair and like to wear suits.

Chicks dig guys in suits. Then again the also dig guys who can really fill out a pair of blue jeans too.

Unfortunately I stopped wearing suits in protest to my wife lounging in her “I never want to have sex again” pajamas.

If you need baked goods (or buckeyes) just let us know...
I don’t think I ever told you what I did with some Buckeyes. I went to the Philippines to visit my wife’s family. While in Manila I visited the American military cemetery. It’s the largest US Military Cemetary outside the US. Over 50,000 Service People are buried there. Another 30,000 MIA/KIA are memorialized with their names on granite monoliths

As I walked around whenever I saw a tomb stone where the soldier was from Ohio I placed a Buckeye on top of their tombstone. I wanted to show them they are not forgotten.

I don’t think I ever told you what I did with some Buckeyes. I went to the Philippines to visit my wife’s family. While in Manila I visited the American military cemetery. It’s the largest US Military Cemetary outside the US. Over 50,000 Service People are buried there. Another 30,000 MIA/KIA are memorialized with their names on granite monoliths

As I walked around whenever I saw a tomb stone where the soldier was from Ohio I placed a Buckeye on top of their tombstone. I wanted to show them they are not forgotten.
That's an awesome story....just amazing and so thoughtful ......thanks for sharing...I got chills and a tear in my eye....
Buckeye pride is a wonderful thing....

That's an awesome story....just amazing and so thoughtful ......thanks for sharing...I got chills and a tear in my eye....
Buckeye pride is a wonderful thing....

Let me tell you 50,000 is just a number but when you see 50,000 tombstones and how much land they cover it really strikes home the sacrifices made.

Let me tell you 50,000 is just a number but when you see 50,000 tombstones and how much land they cover it really strikes home the sacrifices made.
I looked up the cemetery...which honestly I had never even heard mentioned before...The images are stunning beautiful and very touching...an amazing tribute and resting place for the many heroes who gave their lives for our freedom...
Thank you again for sharing...and for placing the Buckeyes....

Last edited:
I know what you mean. When I was a Republican I dressed like a Hippie. Now that I’m Democrat I have short hair and like to wear suits.

Chicks dig guys in suits. Then again the also dig guys who can really fill out a pair of blue jeans too.

Unfortunately I stopped wearing suits in protest to my wife lounging in her “I never want to have sex again” pajamas.

That only makes you like a million other guys, I guess!

Titleist PT....13, 17, 20, 23º
....Penley Graphite Light shafts

Titleist 718 CB.....2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 (custom 5º increments, 20-45º)
Titleist SM7.....50-08, 56-08, 62-08
....UST Recoil 95 shafts

Dandy Tour Blade....putter

Titleist Pro V1x....ball
Scotty Cameron putter.... Anything by Taylor Made.

I looked up the cemetery...which honestly I had never even heard mentioned before...The images are stunning beautiful and very touching...an amazing tribute and resting place for the many heroes who gave their lives for our freedom...
Thank you again for sharing...and for placing the Buckeyes....

The weather changes right around the Ohio,Michigan line so few if any buckeye trees grow in Michigan!

Back