I am starting to wonder about Wright's motivations

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/columnists/louis/index.html

well hell look at that there are Clinton direct connections

Is Jeremiah Wright a colossal disaster for Barack Obama or a press trick?
Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 4:00 AM

Somodevilla/Getty

The Rev. Dr. Barbara Reynolds and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright at the National Press Club event Monday, which was organized by Reynolds.
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright couldn't have done more damage to Barack Obama's campaign if he had tried. And you have to wonder if that's just what one friend of Wright wanted.

Shortly before he rose to deliver his rambling, angry, sarcastic remarks at the National Press Club Monday, Wright sat next to, and chatted with, Barbara Reynolds.

A former editorial board member at USA Today, she runs something called Reynolds News Services and teaches ministry at the Howard University School of Divinity. (She is an ordained minister).

It also turns out that Reynolds - introduced Monday as a member of the National Press Club "who organized" the event - is an enthusiastic Hillary Clinton supporter.

On a blog linked to her Web site- www.reynoldsnews.com- Reynolds said in a February post: "My vote for Hillary in the Maryland primary was my way of saying thank you" to Clinton and her husband for the successes of Bill Clinton's presidency.

a wet one at that. I am so unbelievably sick of hearing about Wright. There are so many more important issues to discuss, yet here we are with 100 friggin threads on Wright again.
Question:

Do you think most of the people here would be sick of it if it was R. Paul's pastor?

Well, I don’t think that one week after Clinton was out would be an excellent time either, from Obama’s standpoint, since there is no way the R’s are dropping this.
I really don’t know his heart bac. But I really doubt he is trying to benefit Hillary. I would say he is obviously not trying to benefit Obama at this point. It probably has to do with himself, and/or, his beliefs. Beyond that I really don’t know. I think that Obama can handle this though, I really do. I mean, there is an absurdity in all of this, that he can easily turn into something funny. WTF else is responsible for what their pastor, minister or priest says? Come on. He has to hit back on this, in his own way, and I think he can come out of this.

I also believe that Obama will survive this .. and I agree that it is absurd .. but there seems to be no reasonable answer to Wright's motivations at this critical time.

Even members of his former church are questioning why he would do this now.

I'm not disheartened about Obama's chances, but there is something about Wright that smells real fishy.

I also believe that Obama will survive this .. and I agree that it is absurd .. but there seems to be no reasonable answer to Wright's motivations at this critical time.

Even members of his former church are questioning why he would do this now.

I'm not disheartened about Obama's chances, but there is something about Wright that smells real fishy.

That's darla's va jay jay

Explain the cause then, mr. cause understander.

Mr. Cause understander .. that's funny.

The cause is justice, history, and a better America my brother.

All the things that Wright professes to fervently believe.

If he believes that blacks are unfairly treated by the injustice system, shouldn't he be doing all he can to elect someone who has worked for changing that system instead of feeding the wife of the greatest incarceration president the world has ever known .. whom Wright never attacked for being the incarceration president?

If he believes that 9/11 was the "chickens coming home to roost", shouldn't he be working to elect an administration that will engage in real investigations?

If he believes that blacks have been shut out of the system .. self-explanatory

"My vote for Hillary in the Maryland primary was my way of saying thank you"

http://www.wschronicle.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=838&Itemid=40

The Rev. Dr. Barbara Reynolds and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright at the National Press Club event Monday, which was organized by Reynolds.

My vote against Clinton was my way of saying fuck you for the devastation they've caused the black community with the incredible incarceration and injustice directed by Clinton's own Injustice Department.

Clinton admitted his administration's failure to end the racial disparities in sentencing of powder and crack cocaine offenses. He said he regretted not doing more about it, and that he would be prepared to spend a significant portion of his life trying to make amends.

Too little, too late motherfucker.

Fuck the Clintons

This Lady was sitting next to him at the news conferance.

She organized it.

Its the Clintons who are behind this.

Mr. Cause understander .. that's funny.

The cause is justice, history, and a better America my brother.

All the things that Wright professes to fervently believe.

If he believes that blacks are unfairly treated by the injustice system, shouldn't he be doing all he can to elect someone who has worked for changing that system instead of feeding the wife of the greatest incarceration president the world has ever known .. whom Wright never attacked for being the incarceration president?

If he believes that 9/11 was the "chickens coming home to roost", shouldn't he be working to elect an administration that will engage in real investigations?

If he believes that blacks have been shut out of the system .. self-explanatory
Don't trust the media talking heads who say this is ruining obama. It isn't. Those people are full of crap.

hMMM...

Wright spoke of Obama's need, and their discussion of it, to distance himself from Wright during his interview in TIME

It appears as if Wright is giving the excuse to do so.

Don't trust the media talking heads who say this is ruining obama. It isn't. Those people are full of crap.

I agree that it isn't ruining Obama .. but still the question remains as why Wright is doing his best to undermine his campaign.

The good news is that this proves that Wright doesn't have any influence over Obama and vice-versa.

hMMM...

Wright spoke of Obama's need, and their discussion of it, to distance himself from Wright during his interview in TIME

It appears as if Wright is giving the excuse to do so.

I have heard a lot of people say that in the last 24 hours: "This is Obama's chance to cut ties."

What's he gonna say? Oh, he's not really like an uncle anymore; once you go on a press tour, you lose uncle status.

I think it would seem disingenuous & phony; it would seem like something Clinton would do. Very transparent.

I have heard a lot of people say that in the last 24 hours: "This is Obama's chance to cut ties."

What's he gonna say? Oh, he's not really like an uncle anymore; once you go on a press tour, you lose uncle status.

I think it would seem disingenuous & phony; it would seem like something Clinton would do. Very transparent.
If his supporters demand it, he will even if you think it looks disingenuous.

To me it looks contrived on both sides.

Back