I can't believe nobody is talking about this! or Echoes of "Indoctrination" Claims

All that lefty programming, such as stay in school and learn all you can, etc...
More like the portions in the lesson plan about reading his "inspirational" quotes and books to the kids, talking up how important it is to listen to the President, putting up pictures and quotes in the classrooms (as listed in the lesson plans I linked to) having preK kids making posters on how they were inspired by the great leader...

Again, I don't think it is the speech that some people are upset about. I think it is the pre and post indoctrination that some people find disconcerting (again, not me, I spend time talking to my children about these subjects anyway).

If I was President and going to make a speech about patriotism and service and asked them to put my quotes in classrooms, my picture, articles I have written, talking up the importance of listening (not questioning) the President, and asked that everybody recite the Pledge of Allegiance just before I came on.... then after my speech they were to talk and make posters on what kind of service they were inspired by me to jump into, maybe sing a round of "God Bless the USA" and other patriotic tunes (the speech was about patriotism..)

Well, methinks this thread would be going in a different direction.

Again, I don't think it is the speech that has some people upset.

correct it is all in who is deleivering it.

Obama a democrat black president.

After all he might cause all those black boys to riot or something? Once they get to feeling all uppity and all.

correct it is all in who is deleivering it.

Obama a democrat black president.

After all he might cause all those black boys to riot or something? Once they get to feeling all uppity and all.
I know that there is almost nothing for the left to offer in an argument when they start talking about "uppity blacks". It shows a total disconnect from reality or any intellectual creativity.

Trust you to start worrying about the dangers of being fucked by a fruit.
Maybe you like the thought of getting poked up the ass by a fruity man but not I. LOL

By the way, Ben and Jerry's has a new ice cream flavor for gays. I'm disappointed that they didn't name it Tooty Frooty.

Ugh... :shakes head:

(I need a good face palm "smiley").

Seriously, other than the appearance it makes because of the things I listed I don't really care. I'll just watch it and go over it with my kids, just like I would with a Bush speech.

Although I do think that because it is politicized, there are many who will simply not send their kids to school on Tuesday. You can note the differences as Bush didn't attempt to have the teachers drill the kids on the importance of his speech, give out lesson plans, expect his own quotes to be put up in the classroom, etc. there really wasn't much issue with his speech because he didn't make it about Bush in those ways.

In other words I don't think it is the speech people are upset over.
Yes because putting up Bush quotes would be such a wonderful idea. I mean really the question is "Is our kids learning?"

I know that there is almost nothing for the left to offer in an argument when they start talking about "uppity blacks". It shows a total disconnect from reality or any intellectual creativity.

From this one on the left there is. I have already heard the tack I spoke of down at the corner grocery/breakfast spot.

diss and minimalize all you want but it is a reality.
You do not understand the southern redneck red states.

Did he publish a lesson plan? Were there supposed to be his quotes posted on the walls of the classroom and books of his read to get the kids into a receptive mood? Were they supposed to start talking about why it is important to listen to the President? Were there lesson plans given to them that asked them to make posters on how Bush inspired them?

The answer to each is "no". You, sir, are reaching.

Although, here is the speech that HW Bush gave...

http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3450&year=1991&month=10

I first thought the speech was going to be aboiut motivating kids to learn more; but after reading the suggested lesson plans, it appears to be more about President Obama.
Just take a look at how many times the questions are formed around him.

Well we certainly do not want our children learning more about the president of our country. Heck they might even decide he is an ok kind of guy :shock:

Did he publish a lesson plan? Were there supposed to be his quotes posted on the walls of the classroom and books of his read to get the kids into a receptive mood? Were they supposed to start talking about why it is important to listen to the President? Were there lesson plans given to them that asked them to make posters on how Bush inspired them?

The answer to each is "no". You, sir, are reaching.

Although, here is the speech that HW Bush gave...

http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3450&year=1991&month=10

If Obama did the same, without suggestions of teacher created posters of Obama's 'inspirational quotes' I'd say, 'no big deal.' That's not the type of thing though, it's about Obama, not the kids.

Republicans are bat-shit fucking crazy. Completely fucking bonkers. They're a god-damned disgrace. Seriously.

It takes a special kind of crazy to turn a "hey kids, set goals and work hard to achieve them" Presidential speech to Stalinist indoctrination of the American youth.

It's sad, sad, sad.

:hand: They're nuttier than fruitcakes.

Back