I can't believe nobody is talking about this! or Echoes of "Indoctrination" Claims

Republicans are bat-shit fucking crazy. Completely fucking bonkers. They're a god-damned disgrace. Seriously.

It takes a special kind of crazy to turn a "hey kids, set goals and work hard to achieve them" Presidential speech to Stalinist indoctrination of the American youth.

It's sad, sad, sad.

Remember when....
the Democrats were bat-shit fucking crazy?

Funding of Bush Speech Draws Fire; Democrat Calls Education Broadcast `Paid Political Advertising'

The Washington Post * October 3, 1991* Kenneth J. Cooper;
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-1087912.html

House Democrats criticized President Bush yesterday for using Education Department funds to produce and broadcast a speech that he made Tuesday at a Northwest Washington junior high school.

The Democratic critics accused Bush of turning government money for education to his own political use.

Remember when....
the Democrats were bat-shit fucking crazy?

Funding of Bush Speech Draws Fire; Democrat Calls Education Broadcast `Paid Political Advertising'

The Washington Post * October 3, 1991* Kenneth J. Cooper;
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-1087912.html

House Democrats criticized President Bush yesterday for using Education Department funds to produce and broadcast a speech that he made Tuesday at a Northwest Washington junior high school.

The Democratic critics accused Bush of turning government money for education to his own political use.

Ah, but with Bush's speech, it wasn't ALL about him. This president has a huge ego problem.

I didn't know the votes for 'Douche of the Year' were in yet.

Anyways on topic, the original lesson plan, well intentioned or not, sets dangerous precedent. Children are already taught too often not to question, only obey, authority.

I didn't know the votes for 'Douche of the Year' were in yet.

Anyways on topic, the original lesson plan, well intentioned or not, sets dangerous precedent. Children are already taught too often not to question, only obey, authority.

Yeah, it's absolutely terrifying.

Yeah, it's absolutely terrifying.

Though you're obviously being sarcastic, it is terrifying. And if you don't believe so, imagine this. Suppose I, or someone like me, were to become president? You'd certainly want your children to question MY authority wouldn't you? Lord knows I would.

http://www.ed.gov/admins/lead/academic/bts.html

Lesson plans for this "event"

preK-6th - preK-6th "classroom activities"

7-12 - 7-12 "classroom activities"

I would add at least one question to the teachers list of questions...

"Why do you think it is important to question the President and to speak out when you disagree?"
And did the word MIGHT which appears in this not suggest to you that this was not something people should do or shall do but just suggestions. Ooooo the boogy man president is going to be just like stalin and make the kids bow to the great savior of the people. Boogyman conservative BULLSHIT. See my other post where schools are not being sent this. Or maybe I just happen to find the ONLY TWO schools in america, over 1000 miles apart that AREN'T getting lesson plans that they HAVE to present.

Probably, however this is making the airwaves on talk radio as the second coming of the "Young Pioneers" of the Stalin regime...

There are interesting aspects. Decorating the room with Obama quotes before he comes on? Reading inspiring books of teh Obamas before he speaks to get the kids in the mood? After the speech making neat posters on how teh Obamas inspired you?
Putting out lesson plans for your own speech? NONE OF WHICH ARE REQUIRED. Again all rightwing gnashing of teeth.

If he didn't want it to be politicized it might have been better received with representatives of both parties talking up education...
Because Talk Radio and it's listeners are FUCKING STOOPID!

And did the word MIGHT which appears in this not suggest to you that this was not something people should do or shall do but just suggestions. Ooooo the boogy man president is going to be just like stalin and make the kids bow to the great savior of the people. Boogyman conservative BULLSHIT. See my other post where schools are not being sent this. Or maybe I just happen to find the ONLY TWO schools in america, over 1000 miles apart that AREN'T getting lesson plans that they HAVE to present.
Seriously, my thought was, "How many inner school teachers or supporters who are teachers would implement the plan without thought?"

Back