I DON'T "BELIEVE" ANY GODS EXIST; I ALSO DON'T "BELIEVE" THERE ARE NO GODS!

But you certainly would have, had you not received your "mission"?

PoG82bu.gif

Who sent you on this "mission"?

AM I,I AM's,AM I!

lol....no.....deciding to wait until there is unavoidable evidence isn't "making up your mind".....its a refusal to make up your mind......

It's called "hedging" your bet.

See, this way if he dies and there is no God then he faces no consequence; but if he dies and there is a God, then he can try to fall back on his comment of NOT saying there is no God.

:facepalm:

at least agnostics are prepared to admit they don't know what the fuck is going on.......atheists are the real sad lot.....stating that it is irrational to believe something without proof, then asserting there ARE NO gods........

I've never seen a group of people, such as atheists, spend so much time complaining about something they say doesn't exist.

It makes me wonder if they're trying to convince others, or trying to convince themselves. :palm:

The idea of death is indeed terrifying even for those who are sure there's some sort of afterlife. It just makes sense: an organism that doesn't fear extinction isn't going to last long enough to pass on its genes to the next generation.

As a nurse I've attended the last moments of those passing on; have not seen any sudden conversions. As a human who has had two near-death experiences herself, I can tell you that at those times my only and overwhelming concern was what was going to happen with my children if I didn't make it.

Thanks for that OW.

I faced death myself several years back. Cancer...a rather aggressive thing that looked like it was going to win. At the bottom, I was down to less than 120 pounds...and looked like a death camp survivor.

NEVER for one second turned to religion.

MY GUESS: There are plenty of soldiers in foxholes...who have been atheists.

So you just decided to go off the deep end, huh Francis. :palm:

My name is not Francis.

I "decided" to go with the truth. That is what I decided.

I KNOW I do not know if gods exist or not.
I see no reason to suppose they cannot exist,
I see no reason to supposes they must exist,
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence to make a reasonable guess...

...so I don't.

It's called "hedging" your bet.

See, this way if he dies and there is no God then he faces no consequence; but if he dies and there is a God, then he can try to fall back on his comment of NOT saying there is no God.

:facepalm:

Agnosticism seems to me to be the reasonable way to go.

If there are gods...they will have to live with that being how I feel...or suck wind.

Matters not to me.

Frankly, if there are gods like most theists fear...they are not worth respect, let alone worship or devotion.

He knows he doesn't believe; but it's just that he doesn't believe he knows. (:

My name is not Francis.

I do not do "believing."

I do some wondering, though. And one of the things I wonder about is:

Why do people like you obsess about me, USF? What power do I have over you?

And why does it set you into a frenzy because I do not do "believing."

I wonder about it...and laugh, often out loud, while I am wondering.

;)

Back