I heart Reagan

Then you are a racist and a sexist.... because those are the only reasons people can be against Obama or Clinton. :pke:

I never said that the only reason to be against Obama was racism, and the only reason to be against Hillary was sexism.

You believe that’s what you are being accused of and nothing anyone says can sway you from that.

It makes me wonder why you feel this way…on the rare occasion I give it any thought. It’s one of those things that makes you go hmmmm.

And coming on here and calling my posts a crock of shit, makes you look like a spoiled toddler, but it doesn’t say anything about my posts.

Ok so let me see if I get this. People OVERWHELMINGLY voted for Reagan because he appealed to their base fears? Does anyone remember 1976 through 1980? Double digit inflation, high unemployment, hostages held in Iran and a president that tried to micro manage all of it and failed at managing any of it. The American people wanted so bad to have leader that made them feel like there was still hope. I didn't vote for him in 80 cause I was 14 and I voted for Mondale in 84 but Reagan didn't just win votes from Republicans. He won over center Dems and independants. The guy was able to make you feel good about things.

Ok so let me see if I get this. People OVERWHELMINGLY voted for Reagan because he appealed to their base fears? Does anyone remember 1976 through 1980? Double digit inflation, high unemployment, hostages held in Iran and a president that tried to micro manage all of it and failed at managing any of it. The American people wanted so bad to have leader that made them feel like there was still hope. I didn't vote for him in 80 cause I was 14 and I voted for Mondale in 84 but Reagan didn't just win votes from Republicans. He won over center Dems and independants. The guy was able to make you feel good about things.
They don't want to remember that there is a reason we liked him.

I never said that the only reason to be against Obama was racism, and the only reason to be against Hillary was sexism.

You believe that’s what you are being accused of and nothing anyone says can sway you from that.

It makes me wonder why you feel this way…on the rare occasion I give it any thought. It’s one of those things that makes you go hmmmm.

And coming on here and calling my posts a crock of shit, makes you look like a spoiled toddler, but it doesn’t say anything about my posts.

That is because we have had the "Reagan is a mass murderer" crock of shit argument before. I did not feel the need to go into how idiotic that was again. Thus, I made fun of it.

As for Obama and Hillary. You personally have not implied that, but many on the left here continually toss out the.... "white men aren't going to vote for a black man or a woman" blah blah blah... or they say something to the effect of "well in polls the white man will SAY they are going to vote for the black man or woman, but when it comes time to check the box they won't do it" blah blah blah.

We also have the re-occuring theme of "you (meaning me) know you are never going to vote for Obama" crap when I say he is the one Dem frontrunner I like the best. Yet I have never hidden the fact that I am going to very rarely vote for a Dem. To date, Senators Kohl and Salazar are the only national Dems I have voted for. (Kohl when I lived in WI and Salazar in CO)

So YOU were the ONE that voted for Mondale?

That is because we have had the "Reagan is a mass murderer" crock of shit argument before. I did not feel the need to go into how idiotic that was again. Thus, I made fun of it.

As for Obama and Hillary. You personally have not implied that, but many on the left here continually toss out the.... "white men aren't going to vote for a black man or a woman" blah blah blah... or they say something to the effect of "well in polls the white man will SAY they are going to vote for the black man or woman, but when it comes time to check the box they won't do it" blah blah blah.

We also have the re-occuring theme of "you (meaning me) know you are never going to vote for Obama" crap when I say he is the one Dem frontrunner I like the best. Yet I have never hidden the fact that I am going to very rarely vote for a Dem. To date, Senators Kohl and Salazar are the only national Dems I have voted for. (Kohl when I lived in WI and Salazar in CO)
Salazar is a weasely-faced copy of the pointy haired boss in Dilbert....

;)

Yes, those two landslide wins were because he was evil and tricked the voters.

Listen, if you don’t think men are sexist, and white men are racist?

I forgot to tell you about my Rush Limbaugh moment. He read something I wrote on his radio show a couple of weeks ago. His slobbering audience of WHITE MEN, sorry SF, tracked me down and sent me hate mail! And it was all misogynistic shit too. Shut up you cow…why don’t you put on a bra (I’m from Long Island man, my bras cost more than a lot of these idiots cars) and so on. You want to pretend that my acknowledging that there are men who won’t vote for Hillary for the sole reason that they are sexists, means that any man who doesn’t vote for Hillary is a sexist.

I mean, you are so, you are either with me or against me, it is no wonder you voted for Bush! Can’t you find any nuance anywhere in your thought process?

Yet he was still a better option than Coors.

:tongout:
Well, that's true. My candidate for that was Shaffer. But he lost in the Primary that shouldn't have happened. Pete didn't have enough votes at the State Assembly to get on the Primary Ballot. Yet his name was there. They had to "recount" the ballots and, magically, he barely made it on the ballot....

Well, that's true. My candidate for that was Shaffer. But he lost in the Primary that shouldn't have happened. Pete didn't have enough votes at the State Assembly to get on the Primary Ballot. Yet his name was there. They had to "recount" the ballots and, magically, he barely made it on the ballot....

I do not really pay attention too much to the primaries as I don't get to vote in them.

Right. Poor leadership on iran, sunk him for the most part. People forget that carter had something like an 18 point lead in the polls over reagan, months before the election.

I already said that, at a superficial level, people responded to reagan's cheery and sunny charisma. But, as with everything in politics, the superficials don't explain everything.

The south and the border states went solid red for the first time in 1980. Reagan's cynical, below the radar, exploitation of race and wedge politics is well documented. I already gave some mainstream links. The country didn't go solid red in 1980 because of some dude's cheery personality. Iran had a lot to do with it. Economics played a role. But, deeper down, on another level, wedge politics and race played an extremely important role. This is no secret. Its been well documented what republican strategists and operatives were up to.

There was a Coors running against a Schaefer? Are you two screwing around?

You see? This is what this country has come too. Beer politics. That’s fabulous. That’s a perfect microcosm of what’s wrong with this place.

Maybe we should run a Heiniken against the Coors and the Schaefer, so people like me could feel like we had more choice? Oh, that would probablybe un-American. Well what was that other old beer? Shlitz?

Yeah, there you go. That’s great.

There was a Coors running against a Schaefer? Are you two screwing around?

You see? This is what this country has come too. Beer politics. That’s fabulous. That’s a perfect microcosm of what’s wrong with this place.

Maybe we should run a Heiniken against the Coors and the Schaefer, so people like me could feel like we had more choice? Oh, that would probablybe un-American. Well what was that other old beer? Shlitz?

Yeah, there you go. That’s great.
Bob Shaffer is not a Schaefer. I would have spelled it that way if it were true. Shaffer was my congressional representative before I moved to the boonies, he is well qualified, unlike Coors who simply ran a beer company. And yes, Pete Coors was the owner of Coors before the company was sold to Molson's about two years ago.

Back