I hope its Tim Kaine, Gov of VA!

So you believe the same thing as Darla, that if you and I go interview for an analyst position they are going offer me $60k for the job and will offer you $48k?

Ummmm, yeah.....that's kind of the point of the study and the same point feminists have been making for what 30 40 years now?

It’s not about what you believe! There is no need for any faith-based suspension of disbelief. This isn’t about a deity. The facts are right there, from the fucking United States Government who studied this. What is wrong with you man?

Your simplistic question is so beyond any relevance, it’s immeasurable. They would offer her less. Whether it would be that much less, doesn’t matter. Those figures are averaged out, (do you know what a fucking average is?), but they do take into account all of the things you claimed they didn’t take into account, and therefore made them false according to you. You were wrong, Just say so!

You can make statistics say anything. It's the methodology behind the staticstics that are important. And as Watermark's article said with the study done by the person who had worked at the GAO they are not the same measurables being used. It is not a study of constant variables.

So I believe the pay gap exists if you study men and women at as a whole. I don't deny that. I do not believe that women make 20% less than men when competing for the same position.

You know Cawacko, I honestly feel that you truly believe that if white men aren’t outraged over something, it’s “proof” that it isn’t happening.

I know you don’t mean any harm, but your attitude is actually harmful.

You can make statistics say anything. It's the methodology behind the staticstics that are important. And as Watermark's article said with the study done by the person who had worked at the GAO they are not the same measurables being used. It is not a study of constant variables.

So I believe the pay gap exists if you study men and women at as a whole. I don't deny that. I do not believe that women make 20% less than men when competing for the same position.

You have a serious problem. You’re dead wrong, and have been proven so, but you want to “believe” something different. You should probably post on a different topic.

Horseshit on the gap not being real.
There has been progress but it's the second inning not the 9th.
Several successful Female CEO's are proving they can do the job.
My feeling is the HP CEO would not have been ousted so fast if she weren't female.

My feeling is the HP CEO would not have been ousted so fast if she weren't female.

Are you talking pay gap or glass ceiling? There's no question at all women can run Fortune 100 companies (or any company). Look at the job Meg Whitman (just one example) did at EBay and their growth.

She did do a great job, and so is ADM's CEO who I worked with personally.
I'm talking male CEO's make more and all other positions as well.
We need to get the tough redneck out of the male conservative. Woman and blacks being paid equally IS A GOOD THING!!!
NEWS FLASH TO NEOCONS... A RISING TIDE LIFTS ALL BOATS....
THE DAYS OF THE YATCH CLUB ONLY TIDE ARE OVER

Carly was there at a tough time. HP's growth had sort of stagnated and she came in and tried to make some big corporate and cultural changes (which were needed) within the organization. The HP garage where the company was founded in Palo Alto is a cultural landmark so there is a lot of pride within that company. So when Carly was attempting to make changes within the orgainzation and then bought Compaq she really put herself out on a limb. I applaud what she tried to do however it definitely didn't make everyone happy. So while her being a woman could have played a role I think it was more her aggressive approach at change that ultimately cost her (since there was no real movement in the stock price). Still, I (and many others) feel she did the right thing.

Last edited:
She did do a great job, and so is ADM's CEO who I worked with personally.
I'm talking male CEO's make more and all other positions as well.
We need to get the tough redneck out of the male conservative. Woman and blacks being paid equally IS A GOOD THING!!!

NEWS FLASH TO NEOCONS... A RISING TIDE LIFTS ALL BOATS....
THE DAYS OF THE YATCH CLUB ONLY TIDE ARE OVER

smartest thing you've said in about a month.

I wish white men would quit lecturing women and blacks how to feel, or what to think about pay discrimination, abortion, or civil rights.

If millions of women tell me they face pay discrimination and glass ceiling at work, I'm going to believe them over some white guy who reads the CATO website. If millions of black people tell me that they face employment or housing discrimination, I'm going to believe them over a white guy who gets his information from right wing websites. Just shut up and listen to the people who actually are personally invested, and have personal experience with these issues.

Just SFTU. The non-partisan statistics bear out what women and minorities have been telling us for years. So if you don't want to believe the overwhelming majority of women and minorities, at least accept non-partisan statistics and shut the hell up. Stop being the equivalent of a global warming denialist.

PS: McCain and the GOP oppose the equal pay bill that was before congress this year.

Obama picking Kaine as his VP would be a serious mistake .. right in line with a bunch of serious mistakes by Obama since the general began.

Kaine thinks Kerry lost because he didn't spend enough time talking about God.

We should elect two preachers to run the country so they can inject more God into politics?

That makes sense because it was only wrong when republicans wanted to inject more God into politics?

Amazing

Obama picking Kaine as his VP would be a serious mistake .. right in line with a bunch of serious mistakes by Obama since the general began.

Kaine thinks Kerry lost because he didn't spend enough time talking about God.

We should elect two preachers to run the country so they can inject more God into politics?

That makes sense because it was only wrong when republicans wanted to inject more God into politics?

Amazing

That is part of whay Kerry lost. Rural America thinks somehow thats what we should care about when picking a president.

That is part of whay Kerry lost. Rural America thinks somehow thats what we should care about when picking a president.

So we should plan America by what rural voters want?

I don't think so, and frankly, I don't give a rats ass about what rural voters want .. who also didn't want, don't want, intergration of any means.

The only question for me is what is right for this country and without question injecting more God in politics is not the answer.

I don't want rule by faith, I want rule by FACT.

I don't think so, and frankly, I don't give a rats ass about what rural voters want .. who also didn't want, don't want, intergration of any means.

The only question for me is what is right for this country and without question injecting more God in politics is not the answer.

Agree!

FACTS? Dangerous things my friend. In his time, Galileo was threatened byt he conservatives of his day, with torture and death for sticking to the facts instead of religion.

Back