I hope its Tim Kaine, Gov of VA!

I just caught this.....

But given how hawkish she became toward Iran, given her cluster bomb vote, I'd say she would have sold out even faster than Obama appears to be at the moment.

I could easily make the case that she had to talk like that in order to pass the CIC test, as a woman. I do believe that she would have been more likely to use force than not, but I don't really know it.

There was never a question with Hillary. It's just that, with Obama, there was a slim hope there for awhile; like maybe this wasn't a typical, expedient, check the polls before you speak kind of politician.

Once you take that away from Obama, it becomes more equal between him and Hillary as far as "the best choice," because she does have a little more experience than him. Still, she can out-expedient anyone, and I still would have gone for Obama over her (mainly because I have CDS)

She not only has a little bit more experience, but more importantly to me, she is to the left of him on most domestic issues.

I still maintain the idea that experience doesn't necessarily make you a better candidate at this stage in their careers. The only thing I can think of that experience in Washington gets you, is more time to become beholden to industries, lobbyist groups, and companies.

Well, it's hard to argue with that.

I could easily make the case that she had to talk like that in order to pass the CIC test, as a woman. I do believe that she would have been more likely to use force than not, but I don't really know it.

- "obliterate"? That's not simple campaign rhetoric, that sounds like a threat to me. Campaign speak is, "I won't leave anything off the table" or something like the McCain straddle on taxes.

- the cluster bomb vote

- not to mention, she DID give Bush the authority to go into Iraq to begin with

Last edited:
- "inhililate"? That's not simple campaign rhetoric, that sounds like a threat to me. Campaign speak is, "I won't leave anything off the table" or something like the McCain straddle on taxes.

- the cluster bomb vote

- not to mention, she DID give Bush the authority to go into Iraq to begin with

The cluster bomb vote was the biggest sticking point with me Tiana. But what I am saying here is that today, I could make the case that women should vote for Hillary. My argument wouldn't revolve around war. It would be based on what is best for women, in this country, long-term. Until we get the presidency we do not live in a society where women are equal to men.

The cluster bomb vote was the biggest sticking point with me Tiana. But what I am saying here is that today, I could make the case that women should vote for Hillary. My argument wouldn't revolve around war. It would be based on what is best for women, in this country, long-term. Until we get the presidency we do not live in a society where women are equal to men.

My main concern for equality is about 90% based in paychecks. I don't think a clinton presidency would close the income gap at all.

My main concern for equality is about 90% based in paychecks. I don't think a clinton presidency would close the income gap at all.

I think it might. She is very strong on women's issues. I think that any democrat is better than McCain on these issues, but she's strong there. But i can't prove it.

I think it might. She is very strong on women's issues. I think that any democrat is better than McCain on these issues, but she's strong there. But i can't prove it.

Defintiely not. Jan 20, 2008 Hillary is sworn in.

Think about your position now - how exactly would she address the fact that Director Darla Smith in NYC is making 17% less than her male counterpart Director Joe Jones?

At point in her candidacy would your income gap be addressed?

Any policy she would put in place would have to be extreme and wouldn't likely affect exempt employees imo.

Defintiely not. Jan 20, 2008 Hillary is sworn in.

Think about your position now - how exactly would she address the fact that Director Darla Smith in NYC is making 17% less than her male counterpart Director Joe Jones?

At point in her candidacy would your income gap be addressed?

Any policy she would put in place would have to be extreme and wouldn't likely affect exempt employees imo.

Well, for instance, McCain voted against a bill that sought equal pay for women, while of course, Hillary voted yes.

But i don't know how much that legislation would close the gap. I think that for instance, massive raises in daycare funding, might do the most. It's an issue that has multiple reasons, but I think, none more so than childbearing. education is going to close the gap more, with more women entering college every year than men. Some of this is getting better because of what women themselves are doing. But we need better day care, and we need it funded like other countries do, and I bet she'd back that.

We should have universal daycare, a guaranteed college education, and a system in place to insure that people aren't being discriminated against when it comes to income because of gender. No system is perfect but it's better that we have one in place. I'm sure the business owners won't die because of a little paperwork.

We should have universal daycare, a guaranteed college education, and a system in place to insure that people aren't being discriminated against when it comes to income because of gender. No system is perfect but it's better that we have one in place. I'm sure the business owners won't die because of a little paperwork.

And I should get to live for 200 years, too.

I like this Water. I hope you run for office when you get older, you will have my vote!

And the Government should send you a lollipop on your birthday, and buy you flowers if you have a bad day!

Americans who wish to use firearms should join the Army or the something— ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.

for a very long time, the key to good diplomacy was carrying "the Big Stick" to maneuver and threaten with, but never to really use it, along with talks*....we made it through the cold war, with some pretty big enemies that way.....

i see no difference in her saying what she said about Iran under the circumstances they presented to her as the scenario, israel is an allied country, and if the same question were asked and another country was put in there like Great Britain or whoever the alli, I believe the answer would have been the same....if my memory serves me, this is how i felt about it....

unlike Obama's touting to redeploy the troops to afghanistan in another war where the innocent will be killed, once again....that is not Big Stick rhetoric, as the hillary talk regarding the defense of an allied country under a made up scenario, that is REAL and more people will continue to die.....

care

Last edited:
Back