I love Texas

Darla,

The race card is the last resort for a scoundrel who has lost the argument.

I have no further comment on the matter.

My IQ is 144 (averaged across 3 tests). My GPA is 3.6, which is essentially an A- average. It would be better, but I never study. Get it? I have a 3.6 without ever studying. So there, asshole. :)

Wow. I would be more impressed if my son hadn't graduated with a 3.96 with a degree in Aerospace Engineering.

When I was in hotel mgmt, I hired a lot of college students to work the front desk on the 2nd and 3rd shift. It wasn't particularly difficult work. But I never had a business major that lasted thru their 90 probationary period.

Wow. I would be more impressed if my son hadn't graduated with a 3.96 with a degree in Aerospace Engineering.

:(

It makes me sad to hear about people smarter than me, don't ever bring it up again.

When I was in hotel mgmt, I hired a lot of college students to work the front desk on the 2nd and 3rd shift. It wasn't particularly difficult work. But I never had a business major that lasted thru their 90 probationary period.

A "business" degree is pretty much a joke. You can't teach someone to be good at business.

A "business" degree is pretty much a joke. You can't teach someone to be good at business.

A joke that will make me 87k/ year at Google. Funny how that works. :)

Actually Watermark, if you're pursuing software engineering, you should seriously consider applying a Google when you're finished. You could easily make a six digit income, and it's a great place to work.

Last edited:

Actually Watermark, if you're pursuing software engineering, you should seriously consider applying a Google when you're finished. You could easily make a six digit income, and it's a great place to work.

Yeah Googles pretty good to their engineers.

But I imagine there are hundreds of thousands of other people thinking that same thing.

I just hope I'm not forced to draft part of the next version of Quicken.

Having an MBA doesn't guarantee you anything. Having one from a top business school will probably get you a job offer. But there is no guarantee of anything in business.

Personally, I would loathe the idea of working in an office environment for the rest of my life.

Yeah Googles pretty good to their engineers.

But I imagine there are hundreds of thousands of other people thinking that same thing.

Thankfully, it is a rapidly growing company. It shouldn't be a problem.

I just hope I'm not forced to draft part of the next version of Quicken.

Yeah, Intuit is a terrible company.

Personally, I would loathe the idea of working in an office environment for the rest of my life.

Yeah, which is why I'm thinking about applying for law school with my English degree instead of going to work with the Software Engineering degree. The two jobs would probably pay the same.

Yeah, you're right. That must prove without a doubt that Watermark and I are both complete imbeciles. You win. :rolleyes:

Brent I feel really embarrassed now that you are using my quote as your signature.

See now that i read it again, I realize you could quite easily survive a bullet in the back...could you change that to "I hope someone shoots you in the head today"?

Thanks.

I wish you the very best, Watermark.

I'm 24 years old and I'm still a couple years away from where I want to be.

Don't settle, and get it done as young as possible. You'll be in a much better spot than I'm in now.

Yeah, which is why I'm thinking about applying for law school with my English degree instead of going to work with the Software Engineering degree. The two jobs would probably pay the same.

I am just short of my secondary education degree (missing my student teaching). I have not regretted my choice to leave college. I have a career that I thoroughly enjoy and I'm making good money.

Sometimes college is the best route and sometimes its not.

But an education does not mean intelligence.

$90k a year for a first year lawyer at major firms in the South.

Damn Darla, I was trying to help you out and you beat me to it.

Great minds think alike, as they say.

Back