I plan on buying new software for the forum in the near future....

The "moderators" at debatepolitics had it in for everyone. The delighted in suspending or warning as much as possible.

Not from what I've seen. I know at least one poster here that told me he preferred it over there. I suspect the issue has to do with one's politics. If your politics are fairly similar to the moderators on certain subjects there, it can work in your favour, as people you dislike will find themselves getting warnings, suspensions and bans, sometimes for the flimsiest of reasons. If your politics are disimilar on certain subjects, however, you'll find yourself on the receiving end of those warnings, suspensions and bans.

You are much better off being gone from there.

Agreed. The first time I started getting warnings around 10 years ago, I left for 9 years. When I came back, the moderator that had had it in for me hadn't posted in years. Unfortunately, a new moderator decided to make my life miserable there. So I told them all I was thinking of going for another 9. Perhaps this new moderator who was giving me grief will be gone by then as well.

As for the problem Damo is dealing with: I am about as tech savvy as a brick. Just cannot help with that.

Lol, fair enough :-).

You are probably too conservative for them. You’ll make it 5 posts at most before getting banned. I’ve been banned there three times now. I once made it to 2 posts.

I think I posted there quite a bit for a while, but at some point, I think I ran afoul of the moderation- I honestly can't remember if I just got a warning or a ban. It was so long ago.

I think I posted there quite a bit for a while, but at some point, I think I ran afoul of the moderation- I honestly can't remember if I just got a warning or a ban. It was so long ago.

You don’t strike me as being extreme enough to have lasted ‘for a while’.

You don’t strike me as being extreme enough to have lasted ‘for a while’.

I'm almost always polite. It's been my experience that when moderators want to get rid of someone, they first try to do so based on said poster saying some foul mouthed thing. It takes them longer to get to the point where they'll find some creative excuse to get rid of the polite ones.

I'm almost always polite. It's been my experience that when moderators want to get rid of someone, they first try to do so based on said poster saying some foul mouthed thing. It takes them longer to get to the point where they'll find some creative excuse to get rid of the polite ones.

I am pretty far left, so I don't think right/left is the criteria.

I got warned for almost nothing...and finally got warned for mentioning to one poster who kept busting my chops that if it continued, I would put him on ignore.

The moderator gave me a 45 day warning for a threat!

I left there...and have never felt the desire to go back.

Nobody has an opinion on this? Well dang. The most opinionated people on the interwebs are silent. :D

:rofl2: You do realize most of us are elderly and hate change and having to learn new stuff, right? :laugh:

"Groans" are stupid IMO, so if you have to ditch them that's okay by me.

I hear you. It can be especially annoying if someone decides to just "groan" every post of yours so your entire CP is full of groans and you get no feedback from the people who you want to hear from. Also bad are the quote notifiers if someone just quotes all your posts to troll and you can't see the posts of folks that quoted you earlier as it only shows the last 10...

This is exactly the type of feedback I need. What would you like to see added or subtracted?

Agree with the notifications of thanks/groans. It's pointless. Wish there was a way to keep ppl you have on ignore from filling up your "Who quoted you" notifications with their unseen and unwanted replies to your posts. Yakuda and Into the Night and goat are/were good for messing that function up.

Back