I was arrested at lunch..

It is his job to be reasonable about how he enforces the job, and if he can easily see that the person he is about to cite for a crime 1) was not the person the law was inteneded for and 2) posed no threat to the public whatsoever, he should not cite the person.

Tell us oh elitist prick...

HOW is it that a cop can judge your eyesight so easily when it takes a machine to examine your eyesight at the DMV and at your optomotrist?

Let me guess... you think the law was only intended for poor people? Non-lawyers? or is it just not to apply to anyone who says "I had surgery let me go"?

The cop definitely didn't do his job... he should have tossed your whiny ass in jail.

Ive said nuthing about the speeding, the guy was right to cite me for that.

I am not "using the system", I am trying to get a department to counsel a particular officer about how he should be reasonable about the use of his power.

Reasonable use of power? It's not like he dragged you out of the car and tazed you for God's sake!

Ive said nuthing about the speeding, the guy was right to cite me for that.

I am not "using the system", I am trying to get a department to counsel a particular officer about how he should be reasonable about the use of his power.

Please elitist one...

Tell us how it is his job to enforce one law and not the other? You as a citizen should also be "reasonable" in accepting responsibility for your actions, or in this case your lack of action. It was your friggin fault your license was not updated. NOT HIS.

The cop was just doing his job. Unless you provided evidence to show that you had corrective surgery. Then I could understand it.

This is incorrect. Cops are not Judges, and can not evaluate evidence. Their job is to enforce the law. Technically, Jarhead was in the wrong, he failed to go to the DMV following his surgery and obtain a licence to drive without the restriction. Regardless of whether he showed "proof" or not, he is not authorized to operate a motor vehicle without corrective lenses, and that was what he was charged with, in accordance with the law.

He will probably end up with a sympathetic liberal judge who will dismiss the charges, that is usually the case.

If I go out driving without my glasses they better lock me up I am dangerous. Of course I could just tell the guy I had my eyes operated on.

Please elitist one...

Tell us how it is his job to enforce one law and not the other? You as a citizen should also be "reasonable" in accepting responsibility for your actions, or in this case your lack of action. It was your friggin fault your license was not updated. NOT HIS.

They do it every day of the week and if you dont belive that you truely the idiot you sound like. Ask any cop you see if he cites everyone for every infraction he sees.

This is incorrect. Cops are not Judges, and can not evaluate evidence. Their job is to enforce the law. Technically, Jarhead was in the wrong, he failed to go to the DMV following his surgery and obtain a licence to drive without the restriction. Regardless of whether he showed "proof" or not, he is not authorized to operate a motor vehicle without corrective lenses, and that was what he was charged with, in accordance with the law.

He will probably end up with a sympathetic liberal judge who will dismiss the charges, that is usually the case.

What would you have happen, a stoning or a public flogging?

If I go out driving without my glasses they better lock me up I am dangerous. Of course I could just tell the guy I had my eyes operated on.

But would you be able to read his badge? Could you tell him his # from 20 feet?

But would you be able to read his badge? Could you tell him his # from 20 feet?

Probably, but that is beside the point. Do you want deputy dawgs judging you or a real judge and court ?

Would you want the cop in tampa that threw a blind guys guide dog out of a restaurant to judge you ?

They do it every day of the week and if you dont belive that you truely the idiot you sound like. Ask any cop you see if he cites everyone for every infraction he sees.

Again, as I have stated multiple times Alice, yes... he could have chosen to show leniency. But he is most definitely NOT REQUIRED to do so. Given your pathetic whiny attitude, I am shocked he didn't ACTUALLY arrest your sorry elitist ass.

The point, which for a lawyer you should know, is that while he can show leniency, he is not required to. You bitching because he enforced the law in your case is pathetic. You expect him to take your word for it because you are an elitist asshole who doesn't think he should be subject to the law.

Side note... the only idiot here is the one that does not see that he stands alone with his pathetic argument.

Probably, but that is beside the point. Do you want deputy dawgs judging you or a real judge and court ?

Would you want the cop in tampa that threw a blind guys guide dog out of a restaurant to judge you ?

I want the officer to be the first line, and I think he sould err on the side of caution when citing people for crimes.

Again, as I have stated multiple times Alice, yes... he could have chosen to show leniency. But he is most definitely NOT REQUIRED to do so. Given your pathetic whiny attitude, I am shocked he didn't ACTUALLY arrest your sorry elitist ass.

The point, which for a lawyer you should know, is that while he can show leniency, he is not required to. You bitching because he enforced the law in your case is pathetic. You expect him to take your word for it because you are an elitist asshole who doesn't think he should be subject to the law.

He is not required to, but officers who do not do it are poor officers who eventually find themselves off the force.

He's making it bigger than it will ever really be. He has to admit to being cited for driving without eye-crutches, oh NOOOOOOOEEES!

He's making it bigger than it will ever really be. He has to admit to being cited for driving without eye-crutches, oh NOOOOOOOEEES!

I will not likely have to admit to anything, I bet the charged are droped at the first hearing without me doing anything more than I have already done.

I will not likely have to admit to anything, I bet the charged are droped at the first hearing without me doing anything more than I have already done.

Something that would not happen for the average citizen who isn't friends with the judge, but that doesn't make you an elitist douche.

Something that would not happen for the average citizen who isn't friends with the judge, but that doesn't make you an elitist douche.

Not true. I feel fairly sure that it is policy to drop charges on this type of case when the cops are idiotic enough to cite people for them. Thats the word I hear from a Crim defense attorney I know.

Actually it probably would. You just go in and get the license updated and the court would very likely drop the charges, just like proof of insurance...

Back