Idealism without God

it's not relative.

you're probably just more immoral to people than you would like to believe.
Sure as shit is, stupid fuck. It’s displayed worldwide every minute of every day.

I’m as moral as most Bible thumpers, Rufus. I just don’t need the threat of a mythical eternal hell to keep me on the straight and narrow. Mine comes from within. Yours comes from fear.

Sure as shit is, stupid fuck. It’s displayed worldwide every minute of every day.

I’m as moral as most Bible thumpers, Rufus. I just don’t need the threat of a mythical eternal hell to keep me on the straight and narrow. Mine comes from within. Yours comes from fear.
you mean many people are not moral.

morality is not relative; people are very immoral to each other.

Masons! WooooOOOOoooOOOOooooOOoooooo The Masons are coming! The MASONS are coming! WOooooOOoooOOOOoooooo

Matthew 5:34-37

New International Version

34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[a]

Matthew 5:34-37​

New International Version​

34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[a]

WOooooOOOOOOooooooo OOOOOOoooOOOOOooo (That's the sound of a Mason coming for you in the depth of the night! If you wear your tinfoil hats to bed he won't be able to find you in the dark.) <-- protip.

Shhhhh, don't let them hear you say that. They are VERY powerful and will eat right through that tinfoil hat you have!

Watch out! I think I heard one in your KITCHEN! THE MASON IS IN YOUR HOUSE! GET OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
ok.

so much for a thread about idealism without God.

you're just a troll.

Oh now you want to talk about the topic of the thread? OK. I'm down.
I've been talking about it.

morality is rational.

there is definitely idealsim without God, some of it is in the Bible too, and stands on it's own even without supernatural stuff.

there's nothing supernatural about the golden rule.

I've been talking about it.

morality is rational.

I believe I agreed with that many posts ago. You probably missed it because you were blathering on about the Freemasons.

there's nothing supernatural about the golden rule.

Agreed.

Morality is just another human construct. It helps stabilize a social network. There's nothing supernatural or even difficult to understand about it.

Morality is both subjective and relative. To think otherwise is foolish and naive. No surprise that you think that way.
no it isn't.

all religions basically say don't lie and murder.

but you're proving my point about atheist types actually hating morality.

Back