Idealism without God

1 Samuel 15:3 "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."
Definitely immoral.

That was before Jesus. I do not believe Jesus would have given such a teaching.

that was before God had a family that he said such dumb shit.

That's why I'm a Christian not a Jew.

all the best Jews became Christian long ago.

Sounds like you might be a Marcionite Heretic. But that's between you and your faith (which I'm ABSOLUTELY sure you understand)
but you don't believe any of it.

how do you go from not believing to being an expert on it?

oh yeah, you're a mason.

'keep religion violent and crazy' is your motto.

I place no stock in the catholic church designation of heresy.

they made Christianity into an imperial cult. so not Jesus.

but you don't believe any of it.

It is possible to understand the history and theology of the Church and still not believe it is true.

how do you go from not believing to being an expert on it?

I used to be a Christian. I've read the Bible cover to cover and I've read EXTENSIVELY on the faith.

'keep religion violent and crazy' is your motto.

Religion tends to do a good job themselves.

I place no stock in the catholic church designation of heresy.

You would have to understand the history of the faith.

It is possible to understand the history and theology of the Church and still not believe it is true.

I used to be a Christian. I've read the Bible cover to cover and I've read EXTENSIVELY on the faith.

Religion tends to do a good job themselves.

You would have to understand the history of the faith.
I do.

the catholic interpretation of the faith is only one interpretation.

and you seem to side with the catholic church, the very worst interpretation and example.

no it isn't.

all religions basically say don't lie and murder.

but you're proving my point about atheist types actually hating morality.
They sure as shit do, Einstein. But their definitions of murder are not the same, you fucking idiot. A extremist in the Muslim faith is not committing murder when he kills an infidel like you.

You’re such low hanging fruit, it’s not even an effort.

They sure as shit do, Einstein. But their definitions of murder are not the same, you fucking idiot. A extremist in the Muslim faith is not committing murder when he kills an infidel like you.

You’re such low hanging fruit, it’s not even an effort.
they're basically the same.

a good rule of thumb is to look at a religion according to how it treats other members in the religion.

the innovation of Jesus is the infinite ingroup, that constantly expands as the ingroup morality is extended to newbies, in a revolutionary Christ like way.

they're basically the same.

a good rule of thumb is to look at a religion according to how it treats other members in the religion.

the innovation of Jesus is the infinite ingroup, that constantly expands as the ingroup morality is extended to newbies, in a revolutionary Christ like way.
A Muslim will slit your fucking throat and call it good, pally boy.

Relative AND subjective.

CHECKMATE.

Great comeback. Shows you can’t refute that murder is both relative and subjective.

Don’t go to a Muslim country, gay boy. They’ll slit your throat and call it justice against the gay infidel.

Checkmate, bitch.
it's wrong in all instances.

I said all organized religions have some immorality in all of them. usually the original text has some good within it.

we should look at the morality they use towards those within their group as what real morality is, and then extend that to the out group.

like I said, its not that morality is relative, is that people are way shittier than they'd like to believe.

I do.

the catholic interpretation of the faith is only one interpretation.

and you seem to side with the catholic church, the very worst interpretation and example.
How does an inerrant and constant god allow for so much confusion among his constituents? With all that power, one would think his message would be clear to everyone. It is anything but clear and he remains hidden to clarify it.

How does an inerrant and constant god allow for so much confusion among his constituents? With all that power, one would think his message would be clear to everyone. It is anything but clear and he remains hidden to clarify it.
I think the confusion comes more from men than God.

all religions say don't lie to the ingroup.

the key is to keep the good and throw out the bad.

because morality is rational, we can make these decisions.

it's wrong in all instances.

I said all organized religions have some immorality in all of them. usually the original text has some good within it.

we should look at the morality they use towards those within their group as what real morality is, and then extend that to the out group.

like I said, its not that morality is relative, is that people are way shittier than they'd like to believe.
This simple point escapes you, doesn’t it?

That scenario is not only NOT WRONG in their world, it is encouraged.

Murder in our own country and among Christians themselves is relative and subjective. One can only look to the abortion issue or the death penalty for that truth.

I think the confusion comes more from men than God.

all religions say don't lie to the ingroup.

the key is to keep the good and throw out the bad.

because morality is rational, we can make these decisions.
Men and god are inseparable. Man invented their gods in their own image and they instill in their gods their own interpretation of morality. It’s happened since man walked upright and will continue to be so.

Men and god are inseparable. Man invented their gods in their own image and they instill in their gods their own interpretation of morality. It’s happened since man walked upright and will continue to be so.
do you believe the historically negative aspects of organized religion can be at least reduced if not eliminated?

are you going to prove yourself to be a masonic "keep religion violent" agitant as I asserted earlier in the thread?

satan's war machine has you by the soul.

break the contract.

do you believe the historically negative aspects of organized religion can be at least reduced if not eliminated?

One can choose to ignore them. And that's fine. If you want to take all the good teachings of Jesus and apply them (in your case, selectively) that's a prefectly fine thing to do.

Good for you.

are you going to prove yourself to be a masonic "keep religion violent" agitant as I asserted earlier in the thread?

Again, religion does a fine job of that itself. I see your point: you want your new version of Christianity to be the real faith and that's fine. You are not alone. Millions have come up with their own version of faith and how to live.

Enjoy it.

Back