‘If God is dead, then everything is permitted.’

I used to be a proponent of the death penalty but not any longer. We do make judgement about the quality I a person's life not their worth as a person. Not the same at all.

Again you're very confused. Scripture is clear see Matt 7:21. The sheep will be separated from the goats based on specific criteria that are choices we each have to make. See Matt 25: 31-46.

No one MUST accept, say or do anything.

Citing scripture to try to prove your salvation ideas is a circular argument fallacy.

Citing scripture to try to prove your salvation ideas is a circular argument fallacy.

First of all I'm not trying to prove anything to you. Next you're the one who said people must accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior or they go to hell. I properly referred to scripture because it contradicts that nonsensical claim. You sound like one of those angry but misinformed evangelicals I see everywhere.

Sure. You don’t hear voices, you merely depend on people that did. Or thought they did.

Not the question? Nope. A response to the moronic, “we were created to do the right thing.” We were born and are alive. Period. Nature has no purpose. It’s neutral. Our own volition is the decision to do the right thing or not. Don’t need a god for that.

I will concede you serve no purpose......

First of all I'm not trying to prove anything to you. Next you're the one who said people must accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior or they go to hell. I properly referred to scripture because it contradicts that nonsensical claim. You sound like one of those angry but misinformed evangelicals I see everywhere.

“But yet he doeth the will of my father”. So, do what your god tells you, or else. Like the 10 Commandments? Well, Goddam it, I guess a lot of people are truly fucked, huh? Or is it this?

To be saved, according to scripture:

https://www.theonenessofgod.org/hrf_faq/1-what-are-the-biblical-requirements-for-salvation-a/

Gotta believe Jesus is the Son of God
Gotta believe Jesus died for your sins
Gotta believe God raised Jesus from the dead

Among others.

So, Jethro, it looks like I’m NOT the one who makes those claims.

Next

no....I am simply observing that you know or think nothing......

Sure not, Cletus. You stated what your god ‘never doubted’. How do you know what he doubts or not?

Oh, that’s right. The book written by ancient schizos that he talked to directly. Or did he? Or, did they hear voices? Or did they merely repeat and embellish stories that they had been told?

daily choices are not a mental fiction.

you are making choices jacob marley, builiding your chain link by link.

Well, thank goodness we can agree that we all make daily choices. So, am I damned to eternal hell if I don’t:

believe Jesus is the Son of God
believe Jesus died for your sins
believe God raised Jesus from the dead

regardless of what a good and wholesome life I’ve lived otherwise?

Besides the fact that God isn't dead, without God there is no valid reason to prohibit anything.

So do you need an invisible man in the sky to tell you that murder is wrong? You can't think of one single reason for it to be wrong except that God says it is wrong? That's a very strange ethic.

Well, thank goodness we can agree that we all make daily choices. So, am I damned to eternal hell if I don’t:

that pretty much covers it, yes......not to mention you just lied about the life you lived......

So do you need an invisible man in the sky to tell you that murder is wrong? You can't think of one single reason for it to be wrong except that God says it is wrong? That's a very strange ethic.
So you actually worship an invisible Climate goddess who tells you that physics violations are thettled thienth? You can't think of one single reason that physics violations might be wrong? That's a very strange ethic.

i think you'll be ok as long as you have something in your brain that tell you mass murder is wrong.

do you have something that tells you mass murder is wrong, or are you a population reduction psychotic?

Back