If Trump wins, what do you want his retribution to look like

The worst case scenario:

trump seizes all private property from anyone not loyal to him, and redistributes it to those loyal to him. he takes all the productive citizens and forces them to work in "freedom cities" for his own enrichment.

Second worst case scenario:

trump tries to do the above. he is prevented by most of America from doing it, and a war starts.

Other bad case scenario:

trump does nothing bad, but keeps talking about it. That normalizes the bad to the point some future dictator does the bad stuff.

He's already done and is currently doing this. Good point and most likely to happen.

I would want a successful term to be his retribution should he win. A successful life is the ultimate form of revenge for those who try to tear you down.

That is true about living a good life.

Biden is having a very successful term currently. Yet to hear the MAGAT media tell it, the country lies in ruins and only Trump can save it. Maybe we should start by defining "success"?

So, adding trillions to the deficit and botching a pandemic response, then trying to overturn an election on the way out the door. Got it.

CONGRESS adds to the deficit, Sock. Not the President.
It is DEMOCRATS that created the Covid Panic (and the current economic depression along with it!).
It is DEMOCRATS that committed election fault and caused the 2020 election cycle to fault.

You cannot blame YOUR problems on Trump or anybody else, Sock.

Biden is having a very successful term currently.
Biden has zero asccomplishments; he couldn't even win election. Biden's handlers had to install him as President and then run the executive branch for him.

Yet to hear the MAGAT media tell it,
There is no MAGA media. There is only Marxist propaganda. Fox news was the last to fall, but it fell like the rest of them.

... the country lies in ruins and only Trump can save it.
The first part is correct but I don't know if Trump is the only person who can save it. Nonetheless, Trump would probably be the most effective at this point.

Maybe we should start by defining "success"?
Exactly. Can you list for me any reasons having to do with the execution of the official duties of the Presidency (nothing about tweets or campaign ads) that support the claim that Trump was somehow not the US' best President ever?

2a7ba86dcfde66e931be85877bb4016f.png

He's already done and is currently doing this. Good point and most likely to happen.

It is odd to talk about the long term danger of trump, he is so old, and in such poor health, he is unlikely to be with us for long. But he is normalizing the destruction of democratic norms. I fear for our future if we cannot get onto a better path.

no....I don't want a repeat of what the demmycunts did.....I want a repeat of what Trump did......

Put us in a recession (Feb. 2020, pre-pandemic). Tariffs that made us pay more. Total fumbling of a deadly pandemic, giving America one of the world's per capita death tolls. International mockery of both him and us for putting the shitgibbon in our White House. Shaky international alliances and distrust of America by our foreign friends. Vulgarity, racism, misogyny, bigotry a daily WH issuance, followed by a sharp rise in domestic hate crime. Dismantling of Roe v Wade leading to repression of reproductive freedom. Distrust of science. Distrust of the press. Division in America, the size of the Grand Canyon, from the personal level up to the top levels. Renewed attempts to breach the wall separating church and state by fundie religionists. An insurrection and attempt to overturn the govt. and install the shitgibbon as dictator or king. Fake electors, ditto. Propagation of a false belief that our elections can be "stolen." Two election cycles with great loss for the Republicans (2020 and 2022).

Sure, what's not to love -- if you're a fascist like yourself.

But [Trump] is normalizing the destruction of democratic norms.
Are you suggesting we abandon the Republic and become a democracy?

I fear for our future if we cannot get onto a better path.
If you could have your way, which of our individual liberties would be the first to go? ... the 1st Amendment? ... the 2nd Amendment? ... the 4th Amendment? Which one(s)? What personal freedoms must be eliminated to get the US on a better path?

Trump has a busy first day planned. He says he will pardon the insurrectionists on day one. He says he will be a dictator and seek retribution on day one. How will he squeeze in 18 holes and cheat on his wife?

Back