Interesting about God and Democrats...

Why would the Constitution refer to 'God'.....its a document clarifying HOW our government operates, the limits of government and our individual rights.....

Your post is as stupid as stating the God is not mentioned in Martha's cookbook so that must mean something .....

The Declaration and our Anthem does mention God....and the House and Senate of US opens EVERY day with a prayer to God.....whats you point....

For the first time... ever... I tend to agree with you, Jolly Jack. (Time to change your opinion)

I wonder why Obama thought we WERE a Christian nation in the past.....why would the hero

of the pinheads say that.....????

I don't consider Thomas Paine to be a Founding Father. After all, he abandoned America and joined the French disaster. Also, none of the prominent Founders had any use for Common Sense - it was strictly a call to arms for the rabble.

I wonder why Obama thought we WERE a Christian nation in the past.....why would the hero

of the pinheads say that.....????

You are a christian nation. 85% of your population believe in god. That does not mean to say that god is in your constitution nor that it was the intention of your forbears to fashion your nation round a belief in fairy stories.
You really will try anything to get the black guy out, wont you?

You are a christian nation. 85% of your population believe in god. That does not mean to say that god is in your constitution nor that it was the intention of your forbears to fashion your nation round a belief in fairy stories.

So we have two different interpretations of "Christian Nation" ...is that what I am hearing? It can mean that a vast majority (85%) believe in some form of Christian-based religion, OR... it can mean that our nation is a theocratic Christian government.

Okay... the 1st Amendment clears up that we aren't a theocratic Christian government, so it can't mean that.

No one has claimed that God or Christianity is in the Constitution. The US Constitution is a set of laws and guidelines for how our freedoms and liberties work, and one of those freedoms is the freedom to believe whatever you wish... why would God or Christianity be mentioned there? The place you DO find mention of a 'deity' is in the founding document which made the Constitution possible in the first place, the Declaration of Independence. The DoI has no "legal" bearing, but it IS the basis on which our nation was conceived. It states quite clearly that we are all "created" equally, and endowed by our "Creator" (note the capitalization, that is important,) unalienable rights. You see, they can't be alienated from us by MAN because something greater than man bestowed them. You are perfectly free to believe "Creator" means the God of Abraham, or "Nature's God" which is also used in the Declaration, or any other God your religion prescribes.. OR... to believe that the whole concept of "God" is a "fairy tale" if that's what you want to believe. But that IS our founding principle, and what everything that followed was based upon, including the Constitution. The founding fathers weren't Atheists, they didn't go around calling what someone else believed in a "fairy tale" and they respected ALL religious beliefs.

We are a Christian nation ?.....I don't think any lefts are gonna buy that.....but I appreciate you giving your opinion and I'm gonna keep
in mind you said that we ARE a Christian nation.

Too bad some of the "believers" don't comport themselves in a Christ-like manner, isn't it?

Well as usual, you are inaccurate on multiple points. First, I have never EVER claimed to HATE anyone. You draw this inference because you disagree with me, or I disagree with you politically. I have not articulated anything truly hateful toward anyone, here or ever.

Second.. Why would it matter to a spiritualist? I don't believe in a supreme entity who judges me or demands I not hate. I am free to hate whoever I please, and my "God" doesn't give a shit, because my "God" doesn't have human emotions and attributes.

I don't hate, because it's bad karma when you do. It disrupts positive energy flow from "God." This results in negative things happening to me, so I have learned it's best to love your fellow man, and not display hate. Still... I am perfectly free to do it if I want to.

Are The Dix, Blabo, FactsRMissing etc. examples of "Christianity"?

I don't consider Thomas Paine to be a Founding Father. After all, he abandoned America and joined the French disaster. Also, none of the prominent Founders had any use for Common Sense - it was strictly a call to arms for the rabble.

I consider him as a founder.

Back