Iran Snubs Obama: What now?

Wow you actually think that the majority of Iranians like living under radical theocratic rule, and shunned by the international community? :cof1:

First, Iran is not shunned by the international community, and in fact, it is Iran's growing power and influence in the region that makes it a problem for colonialist, not their supposed declining power.

Ever heard of the Shanghai Cooperative Organiztion? Don't worry, I won't be surprised if you don't have a clue .. but you should do some study before your lips or your fingers begin to move.

Whether Iranians like living under theocratic rule isn't the point, that'sentirely up to them, and in fact, didn't have shit to do with why we helped to overthrow the elected government. We did it for profit, pure and simple and we didn't give a damn about what they like.

Another direct insult: score another for The Southern Man.:)

You can "score" all you want for the southern man .. but the reality is that you're getting your ass pummeled in here.

If you were an elected official, you should give people their money back.

Don't they deserve an official who is at least capable of recognizing truth?

You sir, don't even appear to have the intellectual curiosity to discover truth.

First, Iran is not shunned by the international community, and in fact, it is Iran's growing power and influence in the region that makes it a problem for colonialist, not their supposed declining power.

Ever heard of the Shanghai Cooperative Organiztion? Don't worry, I won't be surprised if you don't have a clue .. but you should do some study before your lips or your fingers begin to move.

Whether Iranians like living under theocratic rule isn't the point, that'sentirely up to them, and in fact, didn't have shit to do with why we helped to overthrow the elected government. We did it for profit, pure and simple and we didn't give a damn about what they like.
Apparently you haven't heard of the UN, and their further tightening of sanctions and freezing of assets.

Apparently you haven't heard of the UN, and their further tightening of sanctions and freezing of assets.

:)

Sweet

Whenever you can get a right-winger to start reaching for the UN as support, you've done your job well.

Here are just a FEW examples of how the effort to isolate Iran has been undercut:

On November 27, 2008, German and Iranian business leaders began a conference in Hamburg called “Iran Sanctions: Practical Consequence for German Firms.” The purpose of the conference was to improve German business relations in Iran as well as the German and Iranian political relationship.

In August, 2008, a German corporation signed a $150 million deal with Iran to build natural gas liquification plants in the country. The German Economics Ministry maintains that the trading of natural gas to Iran does not violate Security Council Resolution 1737.

Germany's Federal Statistical Office released data showing exports to Iran increased 10 percent over the first three quarters of 2008. Germany's exports to Iran are expected to total 4 million euros this year, close to the record it set in 2004 and 2005. During the first seven months of 2008, the German government approved 1,926 transactions with Iran, a 63 percent increase over last year. This has further cemented Germany's position as Iran's largest trade partner.

China has also increased its volume of trade with Iran. Between 2000 and 2005, the amount of Chinese imports into Iran increased by 360%. Iran’s Deputy Minister of Commerce, Mehdi Ghazanfari, predicts that exchanges between Iran and China for the year 2008 will total $25 billion. China also negotiated a $16 billion deal to develop Iran’s northern Pars gas field.

Russia's trade relationship with Iran directly ignores the Security Council Resolution. In August 2008, the Russian oil corporation, Gazprom, signed a multi-billion dollar deal to help Iran cultivate its oil and gas fields. French and Japanese oil companies were candidates at one point, but dropped out of dealings with Iran because of international pressure. Russia has also been building a nuclear plant in Iran, which is now expected to begin operating in 2009.

NOTE: China, Russia, SCO .. any bells going off?

Swiss energy giant EGL signed a 25-year deal with the National Iranian Gas Export Company to buy 5.5 billion cubic meters of Iranian natural gas per year, starting in 2011, for approximately $20 billion.

Turkey has maintained trade ties with Iran. In 2005, bilateral trade between Iran and Turkey equalled $4 billion, a figure expected to grow to $10 billion in 2008. Iran and Turkey have agreed to continue their relationship and hope to increase their bilateral trade revenue to $20 billion per year.

On December 2, 2008, Malaysia signed a $14 billion deal with Iran for the construction of two natural gas liquefication plants as well as two gas fields. The two countries signed a multi-billion dollar gas deal in 2007.

In January 2008, Iran and Italy’s electric company, Edison International, signed an oil exploration deal for $107 million.

The Persian Gulf Cooperation Council decided in September to consider a Free Trade Agreement with Iran. The agreement will lead to economic benefits for the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait.

Oman and Bahrain have been negotiating with Iran to buy natural gas.

Iran is the United Arab Emirates’ largest non-oil trading partner.

Iran retains strong relations with Pakistan and is working on a “peace pipe” that would transfer natural gas between Iran, Pakistan and India.

Even the United States has engaged in trade with Iran. According to the Department of Agriculture, Iran has bought more than one million tons of wheat from the United States since the beginning of the 2008-9 crop season.

Iranian students study abroad in Germany, France, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. The Association of American Universities is seeking to pave the way for a bilateral education program with Iran. University presidents from Carnegie Mellon, Rice, Maryland and Cornell, Florida and UC Davis visited Tehran in November 2008 with the blessing of the U.S. State Department to discuss student exchage programs.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/talking/63_Sanctions.html

That's from a jewish source .. as even they acknowledge Iran is NOT isolated by the world in spite of UN sanctions.

:cof1:

Innuendos of physical violence. How precious. :)

Dude, in all your years in institutions of higher learning, were you ever exposed to the word "metaphor?"

You getting your ass pummeled on a cyber message board ain't (eb) got shit to do with anything physical.

How much more education do you think you will require to figure that out?

Dude, in all your years in institutions of higher learning, were you ever exposed to the word "metaphor?"

You getting your ass pummeled on a cyber message board ain't (eb) got shit to do with anything physical.

LOL

Whenever you can get a right-winger to start reaching for the UN as support, you've done your job well.

Here are just a FEW examples of how the effort to isolate Iran has been undercut: ...

Actually, since the UN in contemporary times often represents the opposite view of American conservatism, citing it as a reference is an ideal way to support my argument. The fact that the UN is ineffective merely reinforces why Conservatives don't support the UN.

Your type of metaphor is what I commented on, not the fact that you used a metaphor. Your continuation to use it does not disguise your desperation; but focuses on it.

Actually, since the UN in contemporary times often represents the opposite view of American conservatism, citing it as a reference is an ideal way to support my argument. The fact that the UN is ineffective merely reinforces why Conservatives don't support the UN.

Thus, by your own words, you reached for the ineffective actions of what you believe to be an ineffective organization to support your otherwise ineffective claims.

You reached for the UN because that's all you have .. else, I'd be happy to listen to comments by what you consider effective conservative organizations that can demonstrate that Iran is rejected by the international community .. but I'll give you a heads up .. no matter what claims you reach for,the truth is going to be my response, the same truth I posted that forced you to reach for the UN.

Your type of metaphor is what I commented on, not the fact that you used a metaphor. Your continuation to use it does not disguise your desperation; but focuses on it.

"Innuendos of physical violence. How precious."

I'm not sure you even understand the meaning of "innuendo."

Cyber .. Physical

In one word or less describe the problem confusing the two?

Let me help you out .. STUPID is the word.

Thus, by your own words, you reached for the ineffective actions of what you believe to be an ineffective organization to support your otherwise ineffective claims....
Again, I used the UN as a source just as I'd use moveon.org as a source to disprove a liberal theory. :)

"Innuendos of physical violence. How precious."

I'm not sure you even understand the meaning of "innuendo."

Cyber .. Physical

In one word or less describe the problem confusing the two?

Let me help you out .. STUPID is the word.
You don't understand so you call me stupid. Insult noted and point accepted for me. You're really "kicking ass" now. :rolleyes:

You don't understand so you call me stupid. Insult noted and point accepted for me. You're really "kicking ass" now. :rolleyes:

There's no easy way to tell you this .. but your comments are stupid as fuck.

They do not demonstrate the thinking of an educated man. Even if you believed that bullshit then, you'd have to be a complete moron to still be professing such disproven nonsense now.

I'm simply the facilitator, but you're putting the boot up your own ass.

If it's OK with you, when my 17 year-old daughter gets home from school I'd like for you to debate her on politics. It would be good training for her.

You know sometimes killer whales will catch a seal, then leave it to their young to kill and eat.

While she's spankin' your ass on the issues .. bark like a seal.

I dunno, maybe we can see some nice pictures. :cof1:
He has a very nice family, whom he is proud of like any other father, and with good reason. Let's just not take it into territory that any father would be unhappy discussing.

(I would like to thank his elder daughter again for her service to the nation in the armed forces, we all know that portion of the social contract is difficult, especially in times of contested 'wars'.)

He's bragging about her intelligence, let's leave it there. Please.

I've seen where this can go with another poster, and it is NOT pretty. (I'm not saying you are bad for joking a bit, I'm saying that jokes like this one are often taken more seriously than we want it to get, and it escalates into unfathomable nastiness.)

Back