Jeramiah Wright the Willie Hortin of 2008.

You have some evidence of that. What a baseless allegation. Are you becoming paranoid?

I get my marching orders straight from “Kos”. I never read Kos, don’t’ have an account there, and never visit it. So Markos calls me up on my cell phone with my orders.

Perhaps you need to spend a few days away from the computer and take the time to visit the real world my brother.

What e-mail?

I don't get news or "marching orders" from e-mails, or talk show hosts.

Oh wait .. sarcasm, right?
LOL. Yup. I see you "denying" it right now...

:D

Damo likes to hide behind "humor" and "sarcasm"

He believes it .. even though he knows its stupid.
Rubbish. It was simply pointing out what so many say about those on the right on this site.

If you think it is silly here, will I see you condemning the next lefty who says it about a more right-leaning poster? Or will the "silence be deafening"?

Perhaps you need to spend a few days away from the computer and take the time to visit the real world my brother.

What e-mail?

I don't get news or "marching orders" from e-mails, or talk show hosts.

Oh wait .. sarcasm, right?

Come on man, even if you didn't think it funny you had to chuckle (sp). We've often heard about the right-wing talk machine, the way right-wing talking points get passed along from talk radio to the media to the people. Damo was obviously making a play on that.

The fact that the three people with similar political beliefs post the same article within ten minutes of each other can be cause for a little fun.

I personally heard it on NPR this morning and have been considering it all morning and what the implications are.

Hell its brilliant stragety on the part of the Republicans. THe media has already made Wright the third rail of 2008 politics. Now, just tie as many people to him as you can.

Who cares if its all about racism and fear of black people. It wins votes for your people.

I disagree that it's brilliant strategy.

First, the number of "your people" is shrinking rapidly and one of the reasons they're shrinking is because of ignorance just such as this.

In fact, they recognize the problems with it so now they try to cover it up by having McCain disown it.

Secondly, haven't they been paying attention? The Wright "controversy" hasn't hurt him that much and for the most part only works on people who weren't going to vote for him anyway.

If this is republican strategy for November .. I welcome it.

LOL.

No, I was playing around a bit. We hear often how we (those of us more right) get our "marching orders". It was turnaround play. I thought it would be obvious.

Seriously though, when every lefty show in the nation starts on saying almost the exact same words, there really is a talking point out there.

So a couple weeks ago, when every "lefty show" in America was harping on J. Wright, was that a talking point?

Come on man, even if you didn't think it funny you had to chuckle (sp). We've often heard about the right-wing talk machine, the way right-wing talking points get passed along from talk radio to the media to the people. Damo was obviously making a play on that.

The fact that the three people with similar political beliefs post the same article within ten minutes of each other can be cause for a little fun.

:)

My brother .. I'm just having a little fun back.

What .. you don't recognize humor?

:shock:

I disagree that it's brilliant strategy.

First, the number of "your people" is shrinking rapidly and one of the reasons they're shrinking is because of ignorance just such as this.

In fact, they recognize the problems with it so now they try to cover it up by having McCain disown it.

Secondly, haven't they been paying attention? The Wright "controversy" hasn't hurt him that much and for the most part only works on people who weren't going to vote for him anyway.

If this is republican strategy for November .. I welcome it.

I fear it, it worked in 2000 and 2004.

Rubbish. It was simply pointing out what so many say about those on the right on this site.

If you think it is silly here, will I see you condemning the next lefty who says it about a more right-leaning poster? Or will the "silence be deafening"?

What .. you don't recognize sarcasm?

C'mon now .. can't I have fun with your fun?

You know I love you man. :D

1) NPR carried the story every day for over a week.
2) All network television was covered with the story.
3) Obama had to make a national speech responding.

You dont see McCain addressing the same issue when it comes up in his campaign.

1) NPR carried the story every day for over a week.
2) All network television was covered with the story.
3) Obama had to make a national speech responding.

You dont see McCain addressing the same issue when it comes up in his campaign.
1. I heard the talkies on NPR defending Obama and dismissing the importance of pastors. In fact, one of your points was constantly expressed there, that of Hagee. (What? Do you really think my radio doesn't get NPR?)
2. With the exception of a few people on certain editorial shows, I also heard the defense of Obama in these stories rather than the condemnation. And on certain editorial shows I heard the Hagee (they do it too) defense.
3. I wish McCain would make a speech on this too.

And lastly, McCain is on TV expressly condemning the ads. It seems he is addressing this same issue when it comes up in his campaign.

That wouldn't be "silence" then, would it? (Pointing out objections is not "silence").

I do simply state that I'd be hacked. And I would. I can't speak for McCain, other than I saw him condemning the ads, pretty much like Desh said he should.

What I predict will happen is this will hold just long enough to get it back into the news then they'll capitulate to his request...

This kind of stuff is not good at all for the party.
I completely agree with you Damo and it is why I hope they DON'T stop. The ad has been basically denounced by everyone, left right and center. The NC Repub party has refused the RNC and McCain when asked to remove it. It makes the party and their candidate look ineffective and weak and it makes the republicans look nasty. It is really win win for the Dems and the ad is really only going to re-enforce the beliefs of people that weren't going to vote for a dem anyway. SO carry on NC Repub party Viva la Basura Blanca!

I completely agree with you Damo and it is why I hope they DON'T stop. The ad has been basically denounced by everyone, left right and center. The NC Repub party has refused the RNC and McCain when asked to remove it. It makes the party and their candidate look ineffective and weak and it makes the republicans look nasty. It is really win win for the Dems and the ad is really only going to re-enforce the beliefs of people that weren't going to vote for a dem anyway. SO carry on NC Repub party Viva la Basura Blanca!

They would not be doing it without the party winking.

I hope you are correct, but I saw this type of crap work so well against the American people in 2000 and 2004.

Back