Judge orders stop to release of Trump documents

He isn't claiming a personal right. Why is it some Americans feel a government official should be shielded from the public for actions taken in their name, even after he has left office, even when the action is connected to a violation of the public trust whether or not it proves to be part of the violation?

I do not know where the law is here but I do know that Trump has every right to petition the courts.

Hello Concart,

These documents will end up in the hands of Congress well before the midterms heat up, and soon enough beforehand that everyone will remember. If this is allowed to stand, democracy is dead. I don't see it happening.

That would make some unwelcome press for the right to have all that being talked about in the media just prior to the election.

Hello Concart,

That would make some unwelcome press for the right to have all that being talked about in the media just prior to the election.

Democrats have managed to Forrest Gump their way to a great underdog story. By next November the pandemic will be in the rear view mirror, inflation will be in check, a new Voting Rights Act will have been passed, and the incredibly popular components of the BBB and infrastructure bills will be having real impact on the American people. Oh, and Trump will have been indicted on at least one of his crimes, maybe more. The timing couldn't have been better. This is THE single most important thing that's happened during the investigation. These guys are going to do jail time. I suspect that will wake them up, much like it woke up at least some of the traitors who participated in the Capitol riot. Republicans have made a bad political calculation. Now we can watch the results unfold.

You keyboard warriors ready to start that civil war yet?

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Hello Concart,

Democrats have managed to Forrest Gump their way to a great underdog story. By next November the pandemic will be in the rear view mirror, inflation will be in check, a new Voting Rights Act will have been passed, and the incredibly popular components of the BBB and infrastructure bills will be having real impact on the American people. Oh, and Trump will have been indicted on at least one of his crimes, maybe more. The timing couldn't have been better. This is THE single most important thing that's happened during the investigation. These guys are going to do jail time. I suspect that will wake them up, much like it woke up at least some of the traitors who participated in the Capitol riot. Republicans have made a bad political calculation. Now we can watch the results unfold.

You keyboard warriors ready to start that civil war yet?

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Anybody foolish enough to think they are going to start a conservative / liberal civil war or race war, or whatever they want to call it war will only succeed in getting themselves killed or arrested and then the participants of political message boards can all make their comments about it and then it will scroll off like every other thread.

They get their 15 minutes of fame and then the rest of their lives to pay the price for whatever they decided to do. That is if they don't get themselves killed doing it.

And America will plod forward.

We have laws for people who think they can take national matters into their own private hands. Mainstream people operate within the law. Extremists, fools and criminals try to take the law into their own hands. The rest of us are not going to have it. That's why we have a government and police.

The problem for these extremists, and I hope they burn themselves out, is that they are getting way too much attention in the media. There really aren't that many people who want to go attack the capitol or other such foolishness. We are drawn to watch such spectacles; but the vast overwhelming majority of us don't want to participate. The few who do merely provide entertainment for the rest for a while. There are not going to be any civil wars.

No, our future is way more boring than that. Perhaps all this nonsense will reach a fever peak and then fade. The most excitable will go out in a blaze of stupidity, and that will serve as a wake-up call for many others who might be tempted, to back off and think it through before taking any such life-altering action. Then the more reserved members of our society will have to figure out how to move forward and work out some differences. Because really, our future lies together.

There will never be a conservative America, nor a liberal America. What there will be will be an America together that we all live in. We will have to learn to reject the bitter hatred, reject Putin's attempts to get us infighting, rediscover that we all have a lot in common as Americans, a lot to protect, and build together. We will have to relearn that we can do more united than divided. And we have so much work to do.

We can make a better America when we work together.

Never takes long for the crazy to show up! LMAO!

Sorry little bitch, in all of the years that I have been posting in here neither you, nor the other little bitch "TruthDetector", has ever told the truth about anything. Your consistent lying is all either of you have, and the same is true of your gawds such as trump, McConnell, McCarthy, and the list goes on. In fact, even in this thread you have posted nothing to prove you are not a lying piece of shit. You never have, you never will, and you cannot.

Sorry little bitch, in all of the years that I have been posting in here neither you, nor the other little bitch "TruthDetector", has ever told the truth about anything. Your consistent lying is all either of you have, and the same is true of your gawds such as trump, McConnell, McCarthy, and the list goes on. In fact, even in this thread you have posted nothing to prove you are not a lying piece of shit. You never have, you never will, and you cannot.

you're projecting again, sillypants.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/politics/trump-motion-documents/index.html

A federal appeals court on Thursday granted former President Donald Trump's request to pause the release of key White House records from his presidency to the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, as he appeals a lower court's decision that he can't claim executive privilege to keep them secret.

I hope these courts that are engaging in obstruction of justice on behalf of tRump and against the right for Justice to be served and for society to understand what their former lawlessly hacked in fake so-called president tRump was up to on a mission to destroy Democracy from within, the well being of society and the common decency of civilization. I hope if any of these so-called courts are found to have engaged in a seditious conspiracy to enable tRump's act of obstructing justice, treason and other atrocities at using that lawlessly hacked position of his to do, I hope these so-called judges are challenged when it comes to the reason why they have been obstructing justice on tRump's behalf because they are not kings either!

The National Archives, which holds the documents, says they include call logs, handwritten notes and a draft executive order on “election integrity.”

https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...apitol-siege-bdc8568b074dfefed8d11b883118dc76

Ask your Republic**t masters. They had 4 years to do so, and most of the damage occurred on their watch. But then, they did incite most of the protests, and started most of the riots.

Agreed to an extent. Still, there's no excuse for violence until all other avenues have been exhausted. Impatience is not an excuse for killing one's fellow Americans.

Back