Koch study: medicare for all saves money

I'm not arguing with the center but with the results, boy. Interesting how suddenly you support what the Koch brothers have to say.

I'm not supporting anything. The report and its findings are there for all to observe. It's a report with data analysis and interpretation. Might want to read it. And by the way? Dave and Charlie didn't say anything. The study author did.

I'm not supporting anything. The report and its findings are there for all to observe. It's a report with data analysis and interpretation. Might want to read it. And by the way? Dave and Charlie didn't say anything. The study author did.

When the author named Dave and Charlie's company as the source, there isn't a difference.

Leftist think tank; stick your head up your ass and jump.

Perhaps you prefer the Robert Woods Johnson Foundation:

A new report issued by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation said states that opted to expand Medicaid coverage for poor Americans are saving “in many cases, tens of millions of dollars.” Researchers examined savings and increased revenue for 12 states that expanded Medicaid in an update of a report first issued last year.
https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/res...d-see-significant-budget-savings-and-rev.html

Of course, the AMA said the same thing too:

Medicaid expansion saves state budget dollars:

▪ According to the Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey of Medicaid directors, twelve states
reported that revenues had increased in 2015 or 2016 due to Medicaid expansion.35 In New
Mexico, for example, Medicaid expansion generated over $300 million to the state’s general
fund.36

▪ The decline in uncompensated care costs incurred by hospitals allows states to invest fewer
resources into charity funding programs. Arkansas saved $17.2 million in state funding;
California saved $1.4 billion; Kentucky saved $13.5 million; and New Jersey saved $74 million.37

▪ Fifteen states have realized savings because federal funds may now be used in lieu of state funds
to pay for inmates’ care.38 Colorado, Michigan, and Ohio, for example, have saved between
$5 and $13 million since 2014.39 Continuity in health care coverage may reduce recidivism by
enabling access to substance use and mental health treatment services after prisoners are
released.40

▪ Thirteen states reported budget savings related to behavioral health because individuals who
previously received state-funded behavioral health services may now receive those services under
Medicaid.41 Michigan, for example, attributed $180 million in savings in 2014 to a drop in
demand for state-funded community mental health programs after Medicaid expansion.42

▪ In expansion states, state general fund spending on Medicaid increased on average by 3.4 percent
in 2015 compared to 6.9 percent in non-expansion states.43 The Kaiser Family Foundation
attributed the slower growth of general fund spending to the 100 percent federal match for the
expansion population.44 Over two-thirds of expansion states reported that the average permember-per-month
costs were at or below projections for the newly eligible population.45

https://www.ama-assn.org/sites/defa...ch-summary-benefits-of-medicaid-expansion.pdf

Delete your account; kill yourself.

That's strange. When I've gone to the doctor they asked for and accepted by insurance card.
It has deductibles of which my employer reimburses 2 of the 3 thousand.
Sounds like to me you simply can't show what you support as better.

What's strange is how your story keeps changing from post-to-post.

First you say you have insurance, then you say you don't, then you say you do, then you say you have an HRA, then you said your insurance plan made your employer cover a share of your deductible.

Anyone can see you flailing about in this thread.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

It's the same bullshit sales job for willful idiots like you as the other link you dumbass. Gee, I wonder if they have an agenda?

State Health Reform Assistance Network
Charting the Road to Coverage

Shove that empty head of yours up your ass, and jump Mkay? Then STFU, seriously.

Strange that my coverage is provided through Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

I don't think you have that coverage at all.

I think you're making all this shit up to lend your argument credibility it doesn't otherwise have on the facts.

This is why I say it's weak sauce to invoke personal anecdotes; we have no way of knowing if you're being truthful, and you have every incentive to lie...mostly because you know you'll never be held to account for it.

A new report issued by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation said states that opted to expand Medicaid coverage for poor Americans are saving “in many cases, tens of millions of dollars.” Researchers examined savings and increased revenue for 12 states that expanded Medicaid in an update of a report first issued last year.
https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/res...d-see-significant-budget-savings-and-rev.html

Of course, the AMA said the same thing too:

Medicaid expansion saves state budget dollars:

▪ According to the Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey of Medicaid directors, twelve states
reported that revenues had increased in 2015 or 2016 due to Medicaid expansion.35 In New
Mexico, for example, Medicaid expansion generated over $300 million to the state’s general
fund.36

▪ The decline in uncompensated care costs incurred by hospitals allows states to invest fewer
resources into charity funding programs. Arkansas saved $17.2 million in state funding;
California saved $1.4 billion; Kentucky saved $13.5 million; and New Jersey saved $74 million.37

▪ Fifteen states have realized savings because federal funds may now be used in lieu of state funds
to pay for inmates’ care.38 Colorado, Michigan, and Ohio, for example, have saved between
$5 and $13 million since 2014.39 Continuity in health care coverage may reduce recidivism by
enabling access to substance use and mental health treatment services after prisoners are
released.40

▪ Thirteen states reported budget savings related to behavioral health because individuals who
previously received state-funded behavioral health services may now receive those services under
Medicaid.41 Michigan, for example, attributed $180 million in savings in 2014 to a drop in
demand for state-funded community mental health programs after Medicaid expansion.42

▪ In expansion states, state general fund spending on Medicaid increased on average by 3.4 percent
in 2015 compared to 6.9 percent in non-expansion states.43 The Kaiser Family Foundation
attributed the slower growth of general fund spending to the 100 percent federal match for the
expansion population.44 Over two-thirds of expansion states reported that the average permember-per-month
costs were at or below projections for the newly eligible population.45

https://www.ama-assn.org/sites/defa...ch-summary-benefits-of-medicaid-expansion.pdf

When the fuck are poor Americans going to start doing for themselves instead of constantly demanding someone else do for them? There comes a time when you have to cut your losses and let people sink or swim. We're past that time.

If you don't expect much of people such as the poor, you won't get much. You've been getting what you expect, nothing, and the taxpayers are getting the bill. If you put them in that sink or swim situation, whether they sink or swim you don't have to worry about them anymore. The swimmers will being doing for themselves and the sinkers will no longer be a burden.

This is a false statement full of bull shit snowflake. You can erupt with it until you are blue in the face and it won't make it any less false or moronic.

Same boorish bullshit, different day. STFU, seriously.

giphy.gif

Someone broke the post-bot.

What's false about it? It's not a government study. It's not a study from a left-wing think tank. It's from a group your Koch daddies fund.

It's "fake" because it ain't what he wants to see, just like the white supremacist's banjo is not an African invented instrument whites in the south were introduced to, and taught how to play by slaves.

I don't think you have that coverage at all.

I think you're making all this shit up to lend your argument credibility it doesn't otherwise have on the facts.

This is why I say it's weak sauce to invoke personal anecdotes; we have no way of knowing if you're being truthful, and you have every incentive to lie...mostly because you know you'll never be held to account for it.

Think what you want. My wallet proves otherwise.

We do have a way of knowing. You've shown you don't want that way. I recall indicating you could get your ass in a car, drive north on I-85 out of Atlanta for about 250 miles, and I'd prove anything to you that you want proven. Offer still stands.

It's "fake" because it ain't what he wants to see, just like the white supremacist's banjo is not an African invented instrument whites in the south were introduced to, and taught how to play by slaves.

It's fake because you're claiming it will do something that there is no way to tell it will do.

As for the banjo, I taught myself because there isn't a black smart enough to do so.

State Health Reform Assistance Network
Charting the Road to Coverage

Which is why I also linked to the AMA in my post.

Obviously you skipped over that.

So we have three different groups all saying Medicaid saved states money.

What we haven't seen is anything from you saying Medicaid didn't save states money.

You substitute your insistence for that.

Weak sauce.

Back