Let's help Trump choose a running mate.

Trump doesn't take advice. He'll choose a sycophant like Lake or MTG.
Lake is running for the Senate, so I don’t think it will be her.

MTG seems to think it’s her. I thought Noem was the sure thing till the scandal about her affair made the news, now I’m not so sure.

Lake is running for the Senate, so I don’t think it will be her.

MTG seems to think it’s her. I thought Noem was the sure thing till the scandal about her affair made the news, now I’m not so sure.

I saw Mace on The Daily Show. There were hints there but I doubt Trump would want a strong woman as a VP.

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article281241998.html
Is SC’s Nancy Mace on Trump’s VP short list? Here’s what she said on ‘Daily Show’
Following her vote to oust former U.S. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, Republican U.S. Rep. Nancy Mace remains in the spotlight, recently responding to claims that the GOP is out to get her and to speculations about her becoming Donald Trump’s running mate for vice president. In a conversation mixing humor with hard-line questions, the South Carolina congresswoman appeared on “The Daily Show” Monday night in an interview with fellow South Carolina native Charlamagne tha God. Mace maintained that Republicans are after her for, in part, her decision to side with ultra-conservatives in voting to remove McCarthy as speaker. Mace also said that she’s “intrigued” by the idea that she’s reportedly on Trump’s short list for vice president.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article281241998.html#storylink=cpy

I agree, he doesn’t like sharing the spotlight, Pence was the perfect VP for Trump. He should have chosen Mike Johnson for VP instead Speaker. He reminds me of Pence.

It may very well have been Trump who picked Johnson for Speaker. Maybe, a few years, from now the truth will come out.

Perfect pick for him is MTG!
Too unattractive, at every level for Trump to pick her. While he loves suck ups, he knows MTG would not bring in any votes beyond the Magats he already has locked down.

It may very well have been Trump who picked Johnson for Speaker. Maybe, a few years, from now the truth will come out.

He signed off. that is for sure. He was second best to Jim Jordan but they needed everyone else to tap out first.

...He signed off. that is for sure. He was second best to Jim Jordan but they needed everyone else to tap out first.
If Johnson takes the House down a road of witch hunts and revenge, he'll be out a year from next January.

Depending upon how fucked up the Republican House becomes, it could be a good bet that Jeffries has the gavel in January 2025.

I think it is almost certain with this current House and Trump will demand a gov't shutdown and get it now, right before the election.

Trump wanted the Debt ceiling to shut the gov't as that would have time to crash the economy and cause real pain, and he believes, like with Covid, when citizens feel real pain they just get frustrated and want to change the gov't as they cannot change anything else.

But this time, if he shuts it down, i do not think there is enough time to get citizens to that deep frustration stage before they vote. And just like Trump enjoyed early citizen confidence re Covid until he blew it later, Biden will enjoy support as it appears he is trying to deal with and fix, what the dysfunctional republi'can' house caused.

Too unattractive, at every level for Trump to pick her. While he loves suck ups, he knows MTG would not bring in any votes beyond the Magats he already has locked down.

He signed off. that is for sure. He was second best to Jim Jordan but they needed everyone else to tap out first.
Who do you think he’ll chose? Any ideas?

I think it is almost certain with this current House and Trump will demand a gov't shutdown and get it now, right before the election.

Trump wanted the Debt ceiling to shut the gov't as that would have time to crash the economy and cause real pain, and he believes, like with Covid, when citizens feel real pain they just get frustrated and want to change the gov't as they cannot change anything else.

But this time, if he shuts it down, i do not think there is enough time to get citizens to that deep frustration stage before they vote. And just like Trump enjoyed early citizen confidence re Covid until he blew it later, Biden will enjoy support as it appears he is trying to deal with and fix, what the dysfunctional republi'can' house caused.

They will ensure losing the election by pulling that crap. They are only fooling themselves if they believe they'll gain from it.

He will choose Ivanka or Jared.

Betcha not. Ivanka is going to sink Daddy's boat in court.

84i10h.jpg

David Duke. He’s young enough to be an understudy with many years left at 73 years old. He also barely lost the Louisiana governorship and Senate seat with a platform of “equal rights for all “.

Duke left the KKK, because they were not Nazi enough... So he would be a perfect fit for trump.

are you predicting Jeffries will still be in office in 26 to run?......

Jeffries is 53, so there is no reason to believe he will not be the leader of the Democrats in the House for decades to come. Sooner or later, Democrats will have the majority in the House. It is looking good for 2024, but 2026, 2028, 2030, 2032... It will probably happen.

Why wouldn't Jeffries be reelected in 2024, and 2026?

Depending upon how fucked up the Republican House becomes, it could be a good bet that Jeffries has the gavel in January 2025.

Dutch is completely right here. While it is no way certain that Jeffries will become Speaker in 2025, it is delusional to say he doesn't have a good chance.

Back