Liberal gun bullshit

Well it's kinda important to know what the things people want banned actually do. Everyone throws around the "military styled assault weapon with 100 clips" so much it's a fucking meme. But since that's the actual argument being made, people making it should probably know what it means, and know what does and does not fit that criteria. Fuck, at least know what practical effect you want people not to have.

Yeah, well if I ever get called upon to testify before Congress, I will brush up on my gun terminology.

HOWEVER...

Since this is just another anonymous message board floating around the interwebs, maybe you could cut people some slack.

Yeah, well if I ever get called upon to testify before Congress, I will brush up on my gun terminology.

HOWEVER...

Since this is just another anonymous message board floating around the interwebs, maybe you could cut people some slack.

Ok Zap, how about some pictures? Can you find pictures? I know I've said multiple times that I would accept those from people not in the know.

Well I'd say thats mighty INCONVENIENT, but is it proof we are on a "slippery slope" to tyranny?

Not hardly.
give us your definition of tyranny. would it be walking people back and forth to work in shackles every day? eliminating families in the middle of the night? what do YOU consider tyranny?

Ok Zap, how about some pictures? Can you find pictures? I know I've said multiple times that I would accept those from people not in the know.

Okay, while I've got you engaged for a minute, here's a question that's been bouncing around in the back of my head for a few days.

With the computer technology we have available to us, would it not be possible to place a computer chip into our guns that, when activated, somehow prevents the gun from firing?

When one of these nuts breaks onto a school or some other "no gun" zone, a microprocessor detects the gun and via the computer chip, TEMPORARILY renders the gun inoperable.

It's just a crazy idea I've had for a couple days and I don't know if it would even be possible or if gun owners would accept it, but I'd like your opinion.

"so much for the first amendment..."

Oh the HYPERBOLE!!

Dude, these histrionics are so unlike you.

"But I have to sit in airports for two hours because I am on the 'no fly' list."

but eventually they let you fly

It appears to me you are on the "check guy before flying" list, because they eventually let you fly.
so what you're saying is that because it doesn't affect you directly, it's not tyranny. so only YOUR rights matter, got it.

Okay, while I've got you engaged for a minute, here's a question that's been bouncing around in the back of my head for a few days.

With the computer technology we have available to us, would it not be possible to place a computer chip into our guns that, when activated, somehow prevents the gun from firing?

When one of these nuts breaks onto a school or some other "no gun" zone, a microprocessor detects the gun and via the computer chip, renders the gun inoperable.

It's just a crazy idea I've had for a couple days and I don't know if it would even be possible or if gun owners would accept it, but I'd like your opinion.

No, it's not. Guns rely on springs and simple levers. You could make a gun that has an electronic activation but all one would need to do is remove it. They're very simple machines in that regard.

Plus it'd be rendered moot anyways with the 300,000,000+ guns in current circulation, and what of the people who have guns in homes near schools?

TV talk, yes, I tuned in today, is that what needs to be addressed and the things that can make a difference is private gun sales and limit on the size of magazine, clips.

But what does limiting the magazine capacity do? Who decides arbitrarily what the magic number is?

When one of these nuts breaks onto a school or some other "no gun" zone, a microprocessor detects the gun and via the computer chip, TEMPORARILY renders the gun inoperable.

oh yeah, brilliant idea. take the meaning of the 2nd Amendment and place the means of using it in the enemies hands LOL how fucking stupid can you be????

Interesting thought... I have no idea if such technology exists and if it does if it could be implemented. But still an interesting thought. At least you are trying to come up with solutions...

Time needed to reload. I think ten dead people before reloading to be a satisfying number, how about you? Or is fifty better?

what is to stop a person from having multiple weapons? Also, as stated many times in the various threads... you are talking about a few seconds at most to change a clip. I don't see how that is going to help.

any magazine capacity limitations should first be applied to government and law enforcement to make sure they work the way the gun banners want them to.

oh yeah, brilliant idea. take the meaning of the 2nd Amendment and place the means of using it in the enemies hands LOL how fucking stupid can you be????

Another perfect example of "debate" here.

I actually take a minute to honestly put forth some thoughts I've had and what kind of response do I get from the gun nuts?

More derision.

Another perfect example of "debate" here.

I actually take a minute to honestly put forth some thoughts I've had and what kind of response do I get from the gun nuts?

More derision.
fair point, my apologies. lets try to think of solutions that dont have multiple points of failure and doesn't require intervention by a 3rd party

No, it's not. Guns rely on springs and simple levers. You could make a gun that has an electronic activation but all one would need to do is remove it. They're very simple machines in that regard.

Plus it'd be rendered moot anyways with the 300,000,000+ guns in current circulation, and what of the people who have guns in homes near schools?

Okay then, what about a small chip that, when activated, becomes a small electromagnet.

If we magnetize the gun, even microscopically, wouldn't the bullet trajectory be greatly affected?

fair point, my apologies. lets try to think of solutions that dont have multiple points of failure and doesn't require intervention by a 3rd party

Here's a crazy idea.

Heavy on the crazy, I admit.

We put bunches of those giant magnets, the kind they use to pick up cars at the scrapyard, in the ceilings of our schools. if a gun is brought in, it trips a sensor, activating the magnets and yanking the gun out of the hand of the attacker.

Here's a crazy idea.

Heavy on the crazy, I admit.

We put bunches of those giant magnets, the kind they use to pick up cars at the scrapyard, in the ceilings of our schools. if a gun is brought in, it trips a sensor, activating the magnets and yanking the gun out of the hand of the attacker.
and all the other metallic objects in the school?

Back