Louisiana will require the 10 Commandments displayed in every public school classroom

I see a lot of lawsuits coming against this crap?!! I'm tired of these religious fanatics shoving their religion and beliefs on the rest of us?!!
There is something called a separation of church and state too!
No such phrase exists in the Constitution of the United States.
BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana has become the first state to require that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, the latest move from a GOP-dominated Legislature pushing a conservative agenda under a new governor.

The legislation that Republican Gov. Jeff Landry signed into law on Wednesday requires a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” in all public classrooms, from kindergarten to state-funded universities.

Opponents questioned the law’s constitutionality and vowed to challenge it in court. Proponents said the the measure is not solely religious, but that it has historical significance. In the language of the law, the Ten Commandments are “foundational documents of our state and national government.”
No court has authority to change any Constitution. Louisiana can do require this. It's legal.
The posters, which will be paired with a four-paragraph “context statement” describing how the Ten Commandments “were a prominent part of American public education for almost three centuries,” must be in place in classrooms by the start of 2025.

Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also “authorizes” but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America’s “First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory — in the present day Midwest — and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

Not long after the governor signed the bill into law at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette on Wednesday, civil rights groups and organizations that want to keep religion out of government promised to file a lawsuit challenging it.
Based on what?

Then you'd be happy with a mandated posting of verses from the Q'ran as well, correct?
A version of the Ten Commandments is in the Quran.
You know what happens next:

1. This enters the court system to tie up courts for a few years and ultimately gunk up the Supreme Court docket
2. The Church of Satan will no doubt raise it's annoying head and demand satanic shit be posted in classrooms to make a point
3. Everyone gets all up in arms over something that should never have happened in the first place because we have a Constitution
The Constitution of the United States (which you ignore) does not prevent a State from posting the Ten Commandments in a classroom.
The most annoying part of this sort of gambit (other than the usual course of events) is that the reason the Separation Clause exists is to protect religion as much as protecting us from theocracy. If someone mandates a state religion it can easily back fire and the "wrong" religion gets preference and people end up at loggerheads yet again.
There is no 'separation clause'. The Ten Commandments is not a theocracy. It is not a religion.

But it is the point, you desire to ignore it is irrelevant. The Constitution only says the govt cannot ESTABLISH a religion. Posting the 10 commandments doesnt ESTABLISH any religion.

Lots of them. The department of education. The Constitution does not authorize the govt to engage in education.
WRONG!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The 1st amendment says CONGRESS (and the federal government in turn) cannot establish or prohibit a religion.
This amendment does not apply to the States. It only applies to Congress (and the federal government in turn).

You are correct that the Constitution of the United States does not authorize Congress to create a Dept of Education, dictating to States what is to be taught.

You don't seem to have read your bible.

Read the versions of the Sermon on the Mount in both Matthew and Luke, then come back here and tell me with a straight face and without lying your ass off that they are basically exactly the same as the Decalogue.

They are even reports of MAGA morons complaining to their ministers they don't want the Sermon on Mount preached in church service, because they seem to enjoy clinging to anger, retaliation, and hate
Stop making shit up, Sybil.

Again. No one is forcing anything on anyone. Why do you fucktards hate anyone/anything Christian? Why would a plaque containing the 10 Commandments offend you?
Why aren't you offended by wasting $billions on illegals in our classrooms?
The Supreme Court ruled that this is unconstitutional. I don’t hate anything Christian little snowflake. Unlike you, however, I respect the Constitution. We are NOT a Christian nation. I could not care less personally but this is a wedge issue. Next comes Intelligent design in classrooms. It’s bad enough you morons are banning books and revising history. On this one YOU WILL LOSE. The question isn’t why we care. The question really should be ‘why do you’. If this was the pillars of Islam your position would change immediately. Mine would not.

"We need morals back": Lauren Boebert preaches Ten Commandments on Bannon podcast​

we-need-morals-back-lauren-boebert-preaches-ten-v0-HnT1omfQcuj-bl5OczNsJjsGRE1Db-puLNcmzrL4-pc.jpg

🤡 :laugh: 🤡 :laugh:

Students in public schools are free to organize prayer times and meet after school like any other group of students with common interest. But the school itself cannot. So says SCOTUS. No one one is picking on Christians they have every advantage in American society. I am so sick of hearing them whine about everything. They have no idea what it’s like to have rights taken away from them but ironically, they seem to WANT to go down that route. Go figure.

Which doesn't even apply to the States.
Say what???? You don’t think the Constitution applies to the States???? ROTFLMFAO!!! Just wow. That is a new level of ignorance. I accidentally hit the show content button and it validated my decision. Unbelievable.

Students in public schools are free to organize prayer times and meet after school like any other group of students with common interest. But the school itself cannot. So says SCOTUS. No one one is picking on Christians they have every advantage in American society. I am so sick of hearing them whine about everything. They have no idea what it’s like to have rights taken away from them but ironically, they seem to WANT to go down that route. Go figure.
When one has always been in a position of advantage, they feel that equality is oppression.

Back