McCain's got another problem

Which one makes him look worse.........that he really didn't know how many homes he owned, due to senilty or he didn't want to asnwer the question?

Which one makes him look worse.........that he really didn't know how many homes he owned, due to senilty or he didn't want to asnwer the question?
Neither. It is one boring issue that isn't working as Obama's campaign thought it would. People don't really care.

Neither. It is one boring issue that isn't working as Obama's campaign thought it would. People don't really care.
The number of houses in and of itself is NOT the issue. McCain says that Obama is the ELITE one and he is the common man. BULLSHIT. McCain has grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth the whole time. He is the son and grandson of fucking flag officers in the Navy and has 9 houses. Common people don't have 9 houses on 7 properties. Elite people do. The fact that his supporters believe that McCain is not an elite speaks volumes to the blinders they wear. He is not one of them and has NEVER been one of them. He is no different than say a politician who married a Ketchup moguls daughter.

The number of houses in and of itself is NOT the issue. McCain says that Obama is the ELITE one and he is the common man. BULLS*&. McCain has grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth the whole time. He is the son and grandson of fucking flag officers in the Navy and has 9 houses. Common people don't have 9 houses on 7 properties. Elite people do. The fact that his supporters believe that McCain is not an elite speaks volumes to the blinders they wear. He is not one of them and has NEVER been one of them. He is no different than say a politician who married a Ketchup moguls daughter.

Damo likes to pretend there is no hypocrisy to be pointed out.

The number of houses in and of itself is NOT the issue. McCain says that Obama is the ELITE one and he is the common man. BULLSHIT. McCain has grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth the whole time. He is the son and grandson of fucking flag officers in the Navy and has 9 houses. Common people don't have 9 houses on 7 properties. Elite people do. The fact that his supporters believe that McCain is not an elite speaks volumes to the blinders they wear. He is not one of them and has NEVER been one of them. He is no different than say a politician who married a Ketchup moguls daughter.

I suppose it depends on how you define someone as "elitist". Is it by wealth? If so, then I agree with you on McCain. Is it by family connections/priviledge? Then there too, he would have to be defined as such.

Or is it by attitude? The feeling that you are superior to someone else BECAUSE of who your family is/how much money you have/how intelligent you think you are?

If it is the latter, then I would disagree with you on McCain. Obama is the one that seems to give the impression to many that he thinks he is better/more intelligent/superior. It is his demeaning statements like the "clinging to guns and religion" that give people this impression. (whether accurate or not). As I said on another thread, it is similar to Gramms "whiners" comment. When you demean others with your language it gives the impression of an elitist.

Damo likes to pretend there is no hypocrisy to be pointed out.

I would still argue the term "elite" is not just about money but about an attitude and mind set. There will never be a set way in which people agree who is 'elite' or not. Obviously within a political campaign people will try and plant multiple labels on their opponent which they hope to have stick. That's the case here with the term elite.

I would still argue the term "elite" is not just about money but about an attitude and mind set. There will never be a set way in which people agree who is 'elite' or not. Obviously within a political campaign people will try and plant multiple labels on their opponent which they hope to have stick. That's the case here with the term elite.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/elite

dictionary.com mentions nothing about attitude. You apologists are conveniently making up your own definition at this point. This is quite amuzing.

However, the same site gives this definition for "elitism":

consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

Which is pretty much what SF and the Wackster are saying.

Actually what he said was, "I would still argue the term "elite" is not just about money but about an attitude and mind set. "

He even quoted "elite"

But damo still won't acknowledge that McCain is a member of the 'elite'. Its much more fun to play the grammer game huh?

Actually what he said was, "I would still argue the term "elite" is not just about money but about an attitude and mind set. "

He even quoted "elite"

and what I said was how do you define "elitist". So bugger off. :)

Trying to use a dumb USC grad as justification for your position?

By the way... the one playing grammar games is typically the one who posts the dictionary definition. :)

But damo still won't acknowledge that McCain is a member of the 'elite'. Its much more fun to play the grammer game huh?
Nah, my point was that there is a difference between 'elite' and 'elitism'.

One takes a belief that you are better. There is nothing wrong with being 'elite' itself. I would like to be described at some time in my life as an 'elite author', it will not however make me believe that I am in any way 'better' than somebody who was no so described while another described the same way would believe so.

There are many who are elitists in different ways. Shoot, I know trailer dwellers who I would describe that way as their disgust for anybody who makes enough money to live more comfortably make them speak in ways that make it clear that they are all lower than whale poop for them. They are "better" because they don't "focus on making money" or myriad other reasons.

It's so minor it's bitchlike to mention. His actual elite status keeps him insulated from what it's like to actually work with the constant threat of outsourcing, immigration, inflation, fuel prices etc. It makes you hire people who call people who discuss these issues, WHINERS.
One takes a belief that you are better. There is nothing wrong with being 'elite' itself.
There is when you are to work for the majority of americans. He will always vote for the interest of his 3 billion dollar fortune, even if he claims to understand.
I would like to be described at some time in my life as an 'elite author', it will not however make me believe that I am in any way 'better' than somebody who was no so described while another described the same way would believe so.

There are many who are elitists in different ways. Shoot, I know trailer dwellers who I would describe that way as their disgust for anybody who makes enough money to live more comfortably make them speak in ways that make it clear that they are all lower than whale poop for them. They are "better" because they don't "focus on making money" or myriad other reasons.

Nice try.

One takes a belief that you are better. There is nothing wrong with being 'elite' itself. I would like to be described at some time in my life as an 'elite author', it will not however make me believe that I am in any way 'better' than somebody who was no so described while another described the same way would believe so.

More deflection. Is McCain an elitist or not?

Back