McCain's got another problem

Nope not at all.

Actually, all of us at some point have explicitely stated conditions where would not vote for democrats and/or have been extremely critical of their policies, speeches and/or votes. So no. Definitely not apologists.

You guys on the other excuse and ignore the obvious with your candidate. Even on simple non issues like this.

LOL... whatever.... you are all disciples in the church of Obamanation. You are the biggest apologists out there.

:rolleyes:

Nope not at all.

Actually, all of us at some point have explicitely stated conditions where would not vote for democrats and/or have been extremely critical of their policies, speeches and/or votes. So no. Definitely not apologists.

You guys on the other excuse and ignore the obvious with your candidate. Even on simple non issues like this.
Total rubbish. If that is the criteria then I would not be an "apologist" by any sense of the imagination, yet you consistently state that I am. What part of, "I am not voting for McCain" made you believe that I was somehow apologizing for him?

Right. For rich elite people it's not rare. You're making the point. Yes, they are both elitists.

As I stated, there is a difference in being "elite" when it comes to having wealth and being an "elitist" who believes they are better than others because of said wealth/standing etc....

Not when the homes are owned by a variety of trusts. Go to Robs thread on McCains homes. Take a look at the titles of the properties. None are in McCains name which means he probably didn't have much to do with purchasing any of them.
Technically McCain himself does not own any homes. He got caught in a deer in headlights moment... one in which he would lose either way. If he said "we have seven" and it turned out the McCain family owned ten... you would have wailed about how he was such a liar. He instead chose to be honest... to state that he wasn't sure exactly how many.... and you wail about how his honesty on the matter makes him an elitist. All the while ignoring the fact that NONE are in his name which makes it easy to understand why he was unsure.

As I stated, McCain is certainly "elite" in the sense that he got breaks despite his attitude problems at the Naval academy. He is also "elite" in the sense of wealth. Meaning his family has a lot of money/properties/investments etc...

But an "elitist" is one who ACTS (either through actions or words) that they are better than the "common man". McCain has not shown that characteristic in my opinion.

To be fair, I really don't think Obama is an elitist either, though some of his comments have certainly given that impression. I simply think he has gotten just a bit TOO caught up in the media hype surrounding him.

Sounds like problems of the elite to me.

I don't know anyone in my minion life who doesn't know how many homes they own via trust or not.

LOL... whatever.... you are all disciples in the church of Obamanation. You are the biggest apologists out there.

:rolleyes:

Please. I explicitely stated that I wouldn't vote for him if he picked Hillary and have denounced a lot of his sell out moves over the last month. I'm not apologist by a long shot.

Sounds like problems of the elite to me.

I don't know anyone in my minion life who doesn't know how many homes they own via trust or not.

Again???? Are you really going to ignore the rest AGAIN???

As I stated, the McCain family IS elite. But you once again fail to distinguish between "having wealth" and "feeling/acting superior" BECAUSE of the wealth.

It is what we say and do that determines whether or not we are "elitist". If you cannot see the difference, then there is no point in further discussing it with you as I have spelled it out for you as clearly as I can. It is not my fault you Dems are too friggin slow and inferior to comrprehend it.

Well, let's put it this way. I think if you truly believe that the nation can't do without your marvelous leadership and that you should be President, there is a likelihood you have a modicum of elitism in your personality somewhere, and likely a bit of an ego to boot. Would this remove your name from the list of people qualified?

Please. I explicitely stated that I wouldn't vote for him if he picked Hillary and have denounced a lot of his sell out moves over the last month. I'm not apologist by a long shot.
So, again. My unqualified statement that I won't vote for McCain because he does not meet my criteria means that I am somehow an "apologist" while your unlikely scenario of whimsical rejection means you aren't?

Again???? Are you really going to ignore the rest AGAIN???

As I stated, the McCain family IS elite. But you once again fail to distinguish between "having wealth" and "feeling/acting superior" BECAUSE of the wealth.

It is what we say and do that determines whether or not we are "elitist". If you cannot see the difference, then there is no point in further discussing it with you as I have spelled it out for you as clearly as I can. It is not my fault you Dems are too friggin slow and inferior to comrprehend it.

So, am I an elitist b/c I eat arugula and shop at whole foods?

Well, let's put it this way. I think if you truly believe that the nation can't do without your marvelous leadership and that you should be President, there is a likelihood you have a modicum of elitism in your personality somewhere, and likely a bit of an ego to boot. Would this remove your name from the list of people qualified?

So McCain is an elitist right?

So McCain is an elitist right?
I would say it is likely that they both are, simply because they believe that they are the solution to all the problems while everybody else would muck it all up. However, again, I don't have the direct information necessary to know for sure if they are.

I was being sarcastic. You enjoy labeling me as an apologist while ignoring the times when I have criticized McCain and Bush. I was returning the favor.

like I said, Elite vs. elitism is a lameass argument given by someone with nothing else to say.
I think it is funny that they believe that this is what will effect the election. How many people will really go into the booth and say... "Well, I think I'd vote for McCain if he didn't own 70 gagillion houses..."

I would say it is likely that they both are, simply because they believe that they are the solution to all the problems while everybody else would muck it all up. However, again, I don't have the direct information necessary to know for sure if they are.

hmmmmm,

if its likely that McCain is and he's trying to demonize Obama for being what he likely is himself.... wouldn't that likely make McCain a hypocrite then?

hmmmmm,

if its likely that McCain is and he's trying to demonize Obama for being what he likely is himself.... wouldn't that likely make McCain a hypocrite then?
Right. As would the ads about McCain's houses make Obama a hypocrite if tables were turned. The "They do it too" defense is the last refuge of the apologist.

They do what they think will more likely get your attention. As I said, I think it is weak. Saying, "He's successful so he's an elitist" isn't going to effect people at the booth. I think they waste their money on this.

So, am I an elitist b/c I eat arugula and shop at whole foods?
You are if you think you are better than others because of it. If your sense of satisfaction rises because you aren't shopping at WalMart like those dirty people who hate the US.... Then you would be an elitist.

Back