McCain's got another problem

I've been going off of this definition:

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism Audio Help (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-) Pronunciation Key
n.
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

To pretend that McCain is not an elitist especially with regard to his military status is obtuseness at its worst. He doesn't even feel that obama can offer up opinions when it comes to military affairs. If that's not elitism, then websters is wrong.

Also, your definition too:

"The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources. "

Would also fit a person who perceived themselves superior to another group by where they shopped. If you feel superior to others because you belong to the group who shops at Whole Foods over Super WalMart then you too would be an elitist.

The truth of the matter is they are BOTH elites. They both went to schools that most kids will never be able to. They are both members of one of the elitist legislating bodies in the world, they get to go places and do things the "common man" never will. But for Republicans this is all about how the democrat is the elitist and the Republican with all his wealth and priviledge is just a regular joe. It is bullshit and most of you repubs here should be smart enough to call bullshit as well. But you are going to play the game because you don't want the elitist elite dem to beat the elitist elite Republican. Lets quit arguing about this shit and start talking about what both men plan to do in Iraq, what role they see for them and the government in our economy, and what sort of stand they are going to take on social issues like the environment, stem cell research, and affirmative action just to name some. This whole "you're more elite than I am nyah nyah nyah" is a distraction from issues. I believe that for the most part, excluding Iraq, Obama beats McCain hands down on the issues, and that is why we have this sort of campaign right now. And I think that Repubs like SF know this as well.

The truth of the matter is they are BOTH elites. They both went to schools that most kids will never be able to. They are both members of one of the elitist legislating bodies in the world, they get to go places and do things the "common man" never will. But for Republicans this is all about how the democrat is the elitist and the Republican with all his wealth and priviledge is just a regular joe. It is bullshit and most of you repubs here should be smart enough to call bullshit as well. But you are going to play the game because you don't want the elitist elite dem to beat the elitist elite Republican. Lets quit arguing about this shit and start talking about what both men plan to do in Iraq, what role they see for them and the government in our economy, and what sort of stand they are going to take on social issues like the environment, stem cell research, and affirmative action just to name some. This whole "you're more elite than I am nyah nyah nyah" is a distraction from issues. I believe that for the most part, excluding Iraq, Obama beats McCain hands down on the issues, and that is why we have this sort of campaign right now. And I think that Repubs like SF know this as well.

Well, one was born an elite. The other earned it.

Well, one was born an elite. The other earned it.
It doesn't matter! No one should give a fuck. Politicians on national level are ALL members of the american elite, EVEN if they started out as common people. This is not a fucking news flash.

Sorry, while I am voting for McCain, I am not a Republican.

That said, do let's discuss the issues. I would love to see what issues you think Obama wins hands down. Start a thread. Lets go.

Back