McCain's got another problem

Right. As would the ads about McCain's houses make Obama a hypocrite if tables were turned. The "They do it too" defense is the last refuge of the apologist.

They do what they think will more likely get your attention. As I said, I think it is weak. Saying, "He's successful so he's an elitist" isn't going to effect people at the booth. I think they waste their money on this.

Great. Then we agree. McCain's a hypocrite.

You are if you think you are better than others because of it. If your sense of satisfaction rises because you aren't shopping at WalMart like those dirty people who hate the US.... Then you would be an elitist.

LMAO. I love how you guys like to drive the definition for convenience.
Even though I live in a tiny box, drive an old car, rule nothing, am middle class, the fact that I like arugula and my opinion on said salad green green makes me an elitist.

this is one for the record books.

LMAO. I love how you guys like to drive the definition for convenience.
Even though I live in a tiny box, drive an old car, rule nothing, am middle class, the fact that I like arugula and my opinion on said salad green green makes me an elitist.

this is one for the record books.
What do you mean? You pretend that it doesn't fit the description of "elitism" that I posted earlier or are you saying you cannot comprehend the meaning of the word?

Seriously, it is weak to act as if you didn't understand the definition as listed.

consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

If you have pride that you are among the "good people" who shop at Whole Foods rather than those "Trailer Trash" who shop at WalMart then you definitely fit the definition of an elitist. Which is exactly what I described.

I said, "IF" you believe you are better because of it than others, then yes you would be an elitist. Only you take an "if then" statement and make it into an absolute.

McCain has access to millions and millions of dollars.

Quick .. somebody PLEASE tell me why him not knowing how many houses he has is an issue that real people should care about?

What do you mean? You pretend that it doesn't fit the description of "elitism" that I posted earlier or are you saying you cannot comprehend the meaning of the word?

Seriously, it is weak to act as if you didn't understand the definition as listed.

If you have pride that you are among the "good people" who shop at Whole Foods rather than those "Trailer Trash" who shop at WalMart then you definitely fit the definition of an elitist. Which is exactly what I described.

I said, "IF" you believe you are better because of it than others, then yes you would be an elitist. Only you take an "if then" statement and make it into an absolute.

Strained, constipated, ridiculous

typically elitism is used to mean monetarily or social status and power elite. But sure, let's bend everything around into stupidity.

I've been going off of this definition:

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism Audio Help (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-) Pronunciation Key
n.
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

To pretend that McCain is not an elitist especially with regard to his military status is obtuseness at its worst. He doesn't even feel that obama can offer up opinions when it comes to military affairs. If that's not elitism, then websters is wrong.

apologist.

a·pol·o·gist Audio Help /əˈpɒlədʒɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-pol-uh-jist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc.

You should familiarize yourself with what an apologist is.

And I've been using the source you used for 'elite' earlier and posted the definition as it was written.

I believe that almost every human alive is in some way an elitist. They think they are better than <insert favorite group here>...

You'll hear one group trash homosexuals in that manner, while the opposing group think they are better because they endorse or approve of homosexuality, while another think they are better than both of those because they are above such nonsense.... blah, blah.

Some will trash illegal immigrants, the opposite from the other side makes them "better", again the third "above the fray" group thinks up the "real solutions"....

And I've been using the source you used for 'elite' earlier and posted the definition as it was written.

I believe that almost every human alive is in some way an elitist. They think they are better than <insert favorite group here>...

You'll hear one group trash homosexuals in that manner, while the opposing group think they are better because they endorse or approve of homosexuality, while another think they are better than both of those because they are above such nonsense.... blah, blah.

That right. There is actually no word that means JUST elitist in terms of money, power, and status. I guess the conversation must end.

a·pol·o·gist Audio Help /əˈpɒlədʒɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-pol-uh-jist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc.

You should familiarize yourself with what an apologist is.
Rejection of reality is a defense mechanism.

Back