McCain's Healthcare Tax

obviously a female fvckhead doesn't realize the credit is not intended to replace the entire cost of healthcare, but rather is designed to offset the increase in taxes. The plan is also designed to increase competition among health providers. But I guess a certain female fvckhead is too stubborn to actually READ the fvcking plan.

LOL, do you ohonestly think you'll be paying the same amount your employer does for premiums?

Yeah true bushites were never too hot on McCain.
Neither are true Libertarians as you may have noted. Neither are true Conservatives. Neither are true Liberals. McCain is a moderate Conservative, he's not my first choice but there are some issues that I like him a lot on, like more free market healthcare and his pork fighting.
What have I got to like about Obama? Even the one area of government Dems traditionally cut (the military), Obama has promised 100000 more troops and more spending there.

When you fill out your W2, you list the number of exemptions you will be taking. That is factored in to the taxes that are withdrawn from your paycheck. If you treat the healthcare credit in the same fashion, you will not see a reduction in your paycheck because it will already be factored in that you are receiving the credit.

Assume you are taxed on $7500.... at 25%... your additional taxes are what?

answer... $1875.... and your credit is what....

answer $2500

Your net GAIN would be what???

you guessed it... $625

What about state tax, medicare, ss tax?

Neither are true Libertarians as you may have noted. Neither are true Conservatives. Neither are true Liberals. McCain is a moderate Conservative, he's not my first choice but there are some issues that I like him a lot on, like more free market healthcare and his pork fighting.
What have I got to like about Obama? Even the one area of government Dems traditionally cut (the military), Obama has promised 100000 more troops and more spending there.

Hmm so where does that put you ?
did true conservatives, libertarians, etc support Bush ? Did you ?

What about state tax, medicare, ss tax?

state taxes will obviously be up to the states... as for medicare and ss, I have not seen if that will be increased or not. I do not believe that issue has been addressed. A valid point that does need to be addressed.

Hmm so where does that put you ?
did true conservatives, libertarians, etc support Bush ? Did you ?

I did in the beginning, yes, I think that's well known. That stopped when the Repubs severely angered me with passing their version of the Dem pill bill idea that Al Gore ran on. That was back in early 2004.

Bush came as a surprise, the Repubs in the 90's were great at reducing government, him being from Texas, I just assumed he would continue the same. Instead he adopted that fucker Rove's stupid, stupid strategy of trying to steal Liberal ideas and support by passing their shit and giving them nothing to criticize Repubs over.
Rove did more damage to America than anyone else I can think of. We had Repubs move left and the Dems moved even further left so as not to be outdone and here we are today with Obama and Dems "change" being nothing more than more spending in areas that were already heavily spent in.

LOL, do you ohonestly think you'll be paying the same amount your employer does for premiums?

READ the link I provided for you... go to the other thread.... they had the averages laid out. On average, people pay less using individual plans than they do with group plans. Why do you think that might be?

Could it be because THEN you could taylor the plan to your specific needs?

state taxes will obviously be up to the states... as for medicare and ss, I have not seen if that will be increased or not. I do not believe that issue has been addressed. A valid point that does need to be addressed.

Recently, the McCain camp has said that payroll taxes would not be increased. However, this is a revision of their previous statements (i.e. they said it would increased revenues by $3.6 trillion over 10 years - yes, McCain is proposing a $3.6 trillion tax hike). But then the McCain campaign got jittery when people caught wind of it and then revised the plan to not increase payroll taxes.

The problem with this approach is that it takes what was otherwise a revenue neutral proposal (increasing taxes by $3.6 trillion offsetting it with $3.6 trillion in tax credits) and blows a $1.3 trillion shortfall in the plan (the $3.6 trillion in revenue included payroll taxes). To make up for that, McCain has decided that he will cut benefits in Medicare and Medicaid (although we haven't heard much about this since it was announced only two days ago).

I did in the beginning, yes, I think that's well known. That stopped when the Repubs severely angered me with passing their version of the Dem pill bill idea that Al Gore ran on. That was back in early 2004.

Bush came as a surprise, the Repubs in the 90's were great at reducing government, him being from Texas, I just assumed he would continue the same. Instead he adopted that fucker Rove's stupid, stupid strategy of trying to steal Liberal ideas and support by passing their shit and giving them nothing to criticize Repubs over.
Rove did more damage to America than anyone else I can think of. We had Repubs move left and the Dems moved even further left so as not to be outdone and here we are today with Obama and Dems "change" being nothing more than more spending in areas that were already heavily spent in.

I heard a good analogy this morning and that's the Republican Party is like a team that ownership has allowed to age without infusing it with youth and now they must essentially start over.

READ the link I provided for you... go to the other thread.... they had the averages laid out. On average, people pay less using individual plans than they do with group plans. Why do you think that might be?

Could it be because THEN you could taylor the plan to your specific needs?
Great point.

Recently, the McCain camp has said that payroll taxes would not be increased. However, this is a revision of their previous statements (i.e. they said it would increased revenues by $3.6 trillion over 10 years - yes, McCain is proposing a $3.6 trillion tax hike). But then the McCain campaign got jittery when people caught wind of it and then revised the plan to not increase payroll taxes.

The problem with this approach is that it takes what was otherwise a revenue neutral proposal (increasing taxes by $3.6 trillion offsetting it with $3.6 trillion in tax credits) and blows a $1.3 trillion shortfall in the plan (the $3.6 trillion in revenue included payroll taxes). To make up for that, McCain has decided that he will cut benefits in Medicare and Medicaid (although we haven't heard much about this since it was announced only two days ago).

I think that clarification is due to his not specifically addressing it to begin with. But thanks for posting the clarification.

Please show us where you obtained your shortfall numbers etc... thanks.

I think that clarification is due to his not specifically addressing it to begin with. But thanks for posting the clarification.

Please show us where you obtained your shortfall numbers etc... thanks.

Actually, no. The clarification is a reversal of his initial proposal. Based on his initial number of generating $3.6 trillion in revenue it had to include an increase int he payroll tax. Only recently has the campaign "clarified" that it doesn't include an increase in payroll tax.

They're basically making shit up as they go along.

Some good information (albeit not great or complete) here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122315505846605217.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I heard a good analogy this morning and that's the Republican Party is like a team that ownership has allowed to age without infusing it with youth and now they must essentially start over.
Hey man.
I don't know if that's the best analogy, I don't really care how old/young the reps are. As far as I'm concerned they already did start over when too many persued a big government direction when Bush came in.
They need to go back to what they were, not start over.

Hey man.
I don't know if that's the best analogy, I don't really care how old/young the reps are. As far as I'm concerned they already did start over when too many persued a big government direction when Bush came in.
They need to go back to what they were, not start over.

Excellent point. In my mind I equated the 'starting over' with a return to the roots. The question it seems is how much of an ass kicking will they need to receive before they go back to what they were?

Actually, no. The clarification is a reversal of his initial proposal. Based on his initial number of generating $3.6 trillion in revenue it had to include an increase int he payroll tax. Only recently has the campaign "clarified" that it doesn't include an increase in payroll tax.

They're basically making shit up as they go along.

Some good information (albeit not great or complete) here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122315505846605217.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Good article. I stand corrected. You were right in that it was a revision to his plan to shift from payroll taxes to Medicare/Medicaid cost reductions to offset the tax DEDUCTION that the individuals would receive.

Which is what Obamas plan assumes as well.

I'll also note this particular line...

"Only those with very rich benefits packages are likely to see a net increase in taxes."

Good article. I stand corrected. You were right in that it was a revision to his plan to shift from payroll taxes to Medicare/Medicaid cost reductions to offset the tax DEDUCTION that the individuals would receive.

Which is what Obamas plan assumes as well.

I'll also note this particular line...

"Only those with very rich benefits packages are likely to see a net increase in taxes."

rich as in most people with college degree working for corporate company with decent benefits.. aka you and I.

rich as in most people with college degree working for corporate company with decent benefits.. aka you and I.

run the numbers for yourself. Take the total you receive from your company for health bene's and take that amount times your effective tax rate. Is it more or less than the $5k (for you and your wife)???

Here, McCain tells you what he's going to do for you, and it don't look promising unless you like orange jumpsuits? Also, (lol @ also) it looks like Elly May is praying in tongues behind him? Yeah, the sano ticket alright.

watch

Back