McCain's Speech

Timshel

I missed a most of it because I was watching the Rays beat up on the Yanks. I would have switched but Hammel nearly blew it and so I got distracted.

I came in when McCain was acknowledging how his party has been growing government. He was saying they lost their way and all that. He seemed to claim he had no part in it but he has been in the thick of it.

Then he started promising to heal the sick, feed the masses and walk on water as Christ did when John was a young boy.

He claimed Russia invaded and attacked Georgia for oil. This is a lie. Russia responded to Georgia's attacks on a breakaway region that sought protection from Russia.

Then he goes into telling how he learned the virtues of collectivism. See he was an asshole that thought he could do everything by himself. Now he's an asshole that wants to do everything for everyone else, like telling them what sort of political speech they may engage in, what foreign nation they should be willing die in or how they may control their reproduction.

With as much past history as McCain has in politics anyone who believe that kind of stuff from him is an mbsile.

I've just begun watching it. I had a meeting. Again... I'm tired of meetings.

Hey damo, can I get an honest opinion of what you thought of the speech? Thank you. Citizen's closet door is swinging open as we get closer to the election and is taking being a partisan hack to a whole other level.

Hey damo, can I get an honest opinion of what you thought of the speech? Thank you. Citizen's closet door is swinging open as we get closer to the election and is taking being a partisan hack to a whole other level.

How pathetic of you stealing the lines of one you ridicule.

My closet door has always been wide open on bashing and despising bush and those who support the bush style of government. Even before bush became president. I was smart enough to see what the guy was.

What is your excuse for supporting Bush ?

and yes I know he is not in this election but his legacy is.
As much as republicans wish it was not.

If McCain is such a leader and such a maverick, then why did he vote with Bush over 90% of the time? Why did he not lead his party away from the corruption and orgy of spending?

It's a little surreal how, especially tonight, McCain (and by default, the GOP), seem to be running as the challenger to the status quo - the outsiders who have arrived to kick the bums out.

That said, I actually thought it was a pretty effective speech.

Because 90% of the time, Bush was right and the Dems were wrong.

I'd love to see that lengthy list of things Bush was "right" on. McCain probably forgot to mention it (as did every other speaker this week).

Why don't you elaborate?

If McCain is such a leader and such a maverick, then why did he vote with Bush over 90% of the time? Why did he not lead his party away from the corruption and orgy of spending?

basically everyone around here thinks mccain sucks, albeit for different reasons. who are you trying to convince? dixie?

How pathetic of you stealing the lines of one you ridicule.

My closet door has always been wide open on bashing and despising bush and those who support the bush style of government. Even before bush became president. I was smart enough to see what the guy was.

What is your excuse for supporting Bush ?

and yes I know he is not in this election but his legacy is.
As much as republicans wish it was not.

It's not. In fact, you can't get any further from George W. Bush than John McCain, and still be classified a "Republican."

People know that, they aren't stupid.

See... right here is your party's problem... you hate Bush so much, you fool heartedly decided to launch a presidential campaign against him for 2008, and he isn't running. I have been trying to tell you this for about a year now, but you wouldn't listen. Attacking Bush is not going to win this election, because Bush isn't running for anything!

It's not. In fact, you can't get any further from George W. Bush than John McCain, and still be classified a "Republican."

People know that, they aren't stupid.

See... right here is your party's problem... you hate Bush so much, you fool heartedly decided to launch a presidential campaign against him for 2008, and he isn't running. I have been trying to tell you this for about a year now, but you wouldn't listen. Attacking Bush is not going to win this election, because Bush isn't running for anything!

Bush Lite. 90 percent of the calories as Bush regular!

basically everyone around here thinks mccain sucks, albeit for different reasons. who are you trying to convince? dixie?

There are several who at least pretend that they are still uncertain about voting for McCain. But mainly I just like to share my wonderful thoughts and make fun of idiots like Dixie.

It's a little surreal how, especially tonight, McCain (and by default, the GOP), seem to be running as the challenger to the status quo - the outsiders who have arrived to kick the bums out.

That said, I actually thought it was a pretty effective speech.

Yes... Isn't it funny how the infamous "maverick" Senator and the "Washington outsider" Palin, are running on the message of "Change" against a career political liberal and 35-year relic of the Senate, who represent the status quot... don't know why, can't imagine why anyone would think a party-defying Senator and virtually unknown Governor from Alaska could represent a change from the status quot.

Yes... Isn't it funny how the infamous "maverick" Senator and the "Washington outsider" Palin, are running on the message of "Change" against a career political liberal and 35-year relic of the Senate, who represent the status quot... don't know why, can't imagine why anyone would think a party-defying Senator and virtually unknown Governor from Alaska could represent a change from the status quot.

Did you just use the term "35 year old relic of the Senate" to describe someone on the ticket opposing McCain?

Man, you get sucked in worse than anyone I know.

How's that list of the 90% that Bush was right on coming?

Did you just use the term "35 year old relic of the Senate" to describe someone on the ticket opposing McCain?

Man, you get sucked in worse than anyone I know.

How's that list of the 90% that Bush was right on coming?

Yes I did.
McCain was elected to the Senate in 1986... 22 years ago.
Biden was elected to the Senate in 1973... 35 years ago
....and over a decade before McCain. Palin was 9 years old at the time.

As I said... 35 year RELIC of the Senate, Joe Biden!

And Oncie, I am not going to pleasure you with a long list of Bush accomplishments, since it is wholly irrelevant and you wouldn't agree with me anyway... it just seems to be a complete waste of time... you wanna claim a vicotory here, fine, Bush didn't accomplish anything, and was the worst president in the history of the world... but he ain't runnin' for anything!!! :)

Well, if you tack on the House, that's 26 years for ol' John on the inside of the beltway.

You're right though; real corruption and influence doesn't settle in until the 28th year or so. There is a huge difference between McCain & Biden there.

You workin' on that list?

Back