McCain's Speech

I heard his new theme is "Change is Coming."

I'm no strategist, but I think it's a mistake. Obama has been campaigning on change for 18 months; it's very closely associated with him at this point. They're going to be hard-pressed to make the argument that they're the "real" change.

I agree their shift in strategy is a move to energize their base. They were toast if they couldn't find a way to do so. Palin did it. Obamas prior selection of BIden presented an opportunity to say...."See, Obama doesn't want change, he selected an insider. Look who the "maverick" McCain chose.... an outsider who doubles as a Republican corruption ball buster... see MCCAIN is the one about change!!"

That said, if they are indeed about to release an ad comparing Palins experience to Obamas... then this new "we are the real change" strategy is a new prong in the attack against Obama.

The Democratic convention, and all of the hissy fits and crying which surrounded it coming from the left, the media, and even obama's base, taught me something. I don't doubt it didn't teach the Rs anything though.

I'm not worried about this new campaign idea they have. It's a gimmick and I get why pinhead R's might be excited about it. YOu can tell Damo is. "It's never been tried before! Pitting the vp against the p" You can tell they think it's going to lower Obama to her ridiculous level.

Yeah...that's going to get crushed.

The Democratic convention, and all of the hissy fits and crying which surrounded it coming from the left, the media, and even obama's base, taught me something. I don't doubt it didn't teach the Rs anything though.

I'm not worried about this new campaign idea they have. It's a gimmick and I get why pinhead R's might be excited about it. YOu can tell Damo is. "It's never been tried before! Pitting the vp against the p" You can tell they think it's going to lower Obama to her ridiculous level.

Yeah...that's going to get crushed.

I think if they put out an ad comparing Palins experience to Obamas, he is going to be caught in a catch 22. Respond and people will see him comparing himself to the Rep VP (which I am certain the Reps will highlight). Don't respond and people could be swayed into thinking he can't. It is definitely gimmicky.... but one that could easily work on the populace.

I think if they put out an ad comparing Palins experience to Obamas, he is going to be caught in a catch 22. Respond and people will see him comparing himself to the Rep VP (which I am certain the Reps will highlight). Don't respond and people could be swayed into thinking he can't. It is definitely gimmicky.... but one that could easily work on the populace.

Oh my God! He'll be frozen into inaction...what can he do?

They're friggin' geniuses. They've got him right where they want him.

Yeah, I'm not worried. I think they and you are underestimating Obama and his team, but...that's OK. It's good actually.

LMAO... seems like someone needs to read up on what is going on in Georgia.

1) The conflict between Russia and Georgia is most assuredly about oil. Russia wants to maintain control of the oil that comes out of the Caspian. They do not want another competitor. Georgia is determined to connect the oil from the Caspian with the Turkish pipelines. Obviously Georgias attempts to join NATO are adding fuel to the fire as well. Which is why Russia is instigating crap by issuing Russian citizenship to citizens of Georgia.

2) That said, Georgia was dumb to have initiated military action knowing their best troops were in Iraq and knowing the Russians had already built up a miliatary force on their borders.

Well, I did not intend to make Russia sound lily white, but the fact is that Georgia initiated the conflict by attacking Ossetia.

Well, I did not intend to make Russia sound lily white, but the fact is that Georgia initiated the conflict by attacking Ossetia.

That part certainly is true... which is what I cannot understand. The Russian tanks were already on the border, the Georgians best troops were in Iraq, the Olympics were starting which meant the West was distracted.... WHAT the hell was Georgia thinking? What could have led them to believe it was a good idea to act at that time?

That part certainly is true... which is what I cannot understand. The Russian tanks were already on the border, the Georgians best troops were in Iraq, the Olympics were starting which meant the West was distracted.... WHAT the hell was Georgia thinking? What could have led them to believe it was a good idea to act at that time?
Could it be possible it was orchestrated by the Russkiis?

That would be my guess.... and Georgia was dumb enough to take the bait.

NOTE TO ALL THE EMO SPOOGERS.... I SAID GUESS.
It's my guess as well. What I find astounding is the same people who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy of the US government stand around and believe the official story from Pravda without question.

I doubt it was McCain’s campaign advisor who is also a lobbyist for Georgia. I don’t know why you are insinuating that, it’s almost as if you are wearing a tinfoil hat today?

I doubt it was McCain’s campaign advisor who is also a lobbyist for Georgia. I don’t know why you are insinuating that, it’s almost as if you are wearing a tinfoil hat today?

LMAO... what the hell are you talking about? What does McCains advisor have to do with this?

Actually, I like McCain. He was my choice in 2000 as well.
Why would you vote for McCain in 2008 if you supported him in 2000? John McCain of 2000 wouild not vote for John McCain of 2008. He has adopted positions for the sake of political expediency.

Back