McCain's Speech

"Bush didn't accomplish anything, and was the worst president in the history of the world"

I know you're not sincere, but that's much, much closer to the truth than "right 90% of the time."

If McCain is such a leader and such a maverick, then why did he vote with Bush over 90% of the time? Why did he not lead his party away from the corruption and orgy of spending?

He voted with Bush 90% of the time in 2008.

String, when did you start taking stupid pills?

Collectivism? LOL. The word will have new meaning if Obama becomes President.

Hey damo, can I get an honest opinion of what you thought of the speech? Thank you. Citizen's closet door is swinging open as we get closer to the election and is taking being a partisan hack to a whole other level.
It was pretty good, basically a convention speech. Not excellent like Obama's or Palin's, but pretty good. He defined the differences between himself and Obama using the regular party rhetoric, pretty standard fare. In the early part the audience was very reactive, sometimes too reactive wrecking the flow of the speech, but he handled that pretty well.

Twice at the early part of the speech he was interrupted by a protester, but you couldn't hear the person and the crowd drowned them out with chants of "USA, USA!"

Even that didn't seem to phase him. As the speech went on he then went into some details of his plans and policies, at that time he seemed to be more comfortable, settle into the speech, and therefore did better. He began to get excited and to draw the crowd in, they really started getting into it.

I'd rate it a B+ as compared to Obama's A... And if you were comparing him to Bush, well, there is no comparison. He is far, far better than Bush at public speaking who at his absolute best gets a C.

If McCain is such a leader and such a maverick, then why did he vote with Bush over 90% of the time? Why did he not lead his party away from the corruption and orgy of spending?
When did you start pounding inane talking points?

Only in this year did he vote "90% of the time" with Bush, and at that, when the tally was taken there had only been 8 votes for that year.

When did you start pounding inane talking points?

Only in this year did he vote "90% of the time" with Bush, and at that, when the tally was taken there had only been 8 votes for that year.

Bingo. Not only is String becoming a liberal, he is also becoming a partisan hack, reading from every line in the DNC playbook.

He voted with Bush 90% of the time in 2008.

String, when did you start taking stupid pills?

Collectivism? LOL. The word will have new meaning if Obama becomes President.

Whatever, he has not stood up to the Repub's expansion of the state. In fact, most of the time he was doing his maverick bit was when he was fighting them to grow the state more. The only government growth he resisted the Repubs/Bush on was torture and in the end he caved on that making it worse than if he had just stfu altogether.

McCain is a thorough collectivist. The end of his speech was all about how individuals should sacrifice for the glory of the state. If you did not get that then you were not listening.

Surely, this is finally the proof we've been looking for, that liberalism IS a mental disorder. :mad:

I discovered that terrible truth many years ago, son. Everything I've observed about liberalism since that time has merely supported my conclusion. Liberalism is a mental disorder - this is a fact.

Bingo. Not only is String becoming a liberal, he is also becoming a partisan hack, reading from every line in the DNC playbook.

I have always been a liberal.

Line in the DNC playbook? They simply picked up the McCain playbook and lifted it from there. Mr Maverick got his nose as far up Bush's ass he could in order to win the nomination. It's not my fault it has left him smelling like shit.

LOL. Total garbage, it's been posted here from before, it's from like huffington or some other lefty site.

I saw the clip last night on TV; he did say it, with the 90% figure.

On the big issues, like the economy & the war, McCain really isn't an agent of change, or a huge departure from Bush. I agree he's not "Bush III", and his admin will be better than Bush's if he's elected regardless, but the 90% thing is not just a talking point.

I'm amazed at how adeptly the GOP took at least part of the mantle of change this week. The thing is, if McCain is elected, there are hundreds of Bushies in lower level positions that will stay in place; that, I think, is much more status quo on a practical level than the 90% thing.

Right, the "recent study" was the one I was speaking of that was on Huffington, or some other inane lefty site. That he says it doesn't make it his talking point, that is how they try to take away the power of the other side's talking point....

Anyway, here is what factcheck.org has to say about it.

One year he voted along party lines (with Bush) 95% of the time. In 2008 90%. Another year 77% of the time, and in 2001 67% of the time....

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_it_true_john_mccain_voted_with.html

The blanket statement is simply a talking point. Pretending no other years existed, simply hackery.

Right, the "recent study" was the one I was speaking of that was on Huffington, or some other inane lefty site. That he says it doesn't make it his talking point, that is how they try to take away the power of the other side's talking point....

What?!? This was during the primaries Damo. The only one that may have busted him for being to Bush-like then was Paul, and I seriously doubt he felt the need to respond.

What?!? This was during the primaries Damo. The only one that may have busted him for being to Bush-like then was Paul, and I seriously doubt he felt the need to respond.
*sigh*

Anyway, here is what factcheck.org has to say about it.

One year he voted along party lines (with Bush) 95% of the time. In 2008 90%. Another year 77% of the time, and has voted party line one year of Bush's term 67% of the time....

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_it_true_john_mccain_voted_with.html

The blanket statement is simply a talking point, the attempt to take power from it is pre-emptive. Pretending no other years existed, simply hackery.

Back