McCain's surge

Democrats never nominate their best candidates, they always manage to pick the worst of the bunch... I mean in 04 you had the Supreme Commander of NATO, running for CIC, Clark, and you tell him to take a hike, Biden, Richardson, you guys tossed quick...

Obviously we disagree about McCain.

But Hillary being "forced" to choose Obama? I don't think so. I don't even think he would WANT to sit behind her and Billy in the pecking order. He would effectively neuter himself by accepting (assuming she would even ask him)

Hillary will likely go Clark or Biden.... maybe Richardson.

She would have no choice .. in spite of her faults, she's not stupid.

Obama guarantees her victory .. and the Democratic Party would apply lots of pressure for her to choose Obama and keep the party together.

Democrats never nominate their best candidates, they always manage to pick the worst of the bunch... I mean in 04 you had the Supreme Commander of NATO, running for CIC, Clark, and you tell him to take a hike, Biden, Richardson, you guys tossed quick...

and the Reps tossed McCain for Bush.

I think you are correct. Biden is the better fit of the three. Richardson would be more of a pandering to the hispanic vote, but would be a good complement to Obama as well.

Richardson will end up somewhere in the administration, as I hope Edwards will.

She would have no choice .. in spite of her faults, she's not stupid.

Obama guarantees her victory .. and the Democratic Party would apply lots of pressure for her to choose Obama and keep the party together.

Say they do pressure her to do so... again, would HE want that? Eight years in obscurity behind the two Clintons? I think he would do far more good for the Dems by remaining a Senator. But who knows, you may be correct. I just hope we don't have to find out.

Lol yeah I definitely agree with that. Clark would have destroyed Bush.

Say they do pressure her to do so... again, would HE want that? Eight years in obscurity behind the two Clintons? I think he would do far more good for the Dems by remaining a Senator. But who knows, you may be correct. I just hope we don't have to find out.

I agree that I hope we don't have to find out.

He will also be pressured to take the job .. and I'm sure he will demand assurances that Bill stay in the closet.

I can see Richardson as Sec State. I hope to hell Edwards is left rotting in Carolina.

Democrats don't see what kind of liability he is, he can barely garner support among fellow democrats, the rest of us, can't stand his ambulance chasing butt.

Edwards as Attorney General I think whether it is Hillary or Obama. The Civil Rights division would actually stop playing computer solitaire and start working again.

Back