McCain's surge

And herein lay the real problem. Republicans are now satifisfied with having a President of the Republican Party and NOT a President of the United States. Bush has acted as the leader of a portion of the American people and the rest get bent. The Republican party is now fine with that. So long as they keep their grasp on power.

I would agree that the far right is happy with that. But not Reps as a whole. I think that is why you are seeing the shift away from the hard right.

I know many like to portray McCain as a "wild eyed war monger".... but in reality what has he supported that others have not? Iraq? Yes, he voted for it like many in both parties. Yes, he stood by his vote rather than playing dumb and he supported ways that would help the troops in Bush's debacle rather than simply sitting around whining about how he was tricked.

I would agree that the far right is happy with that. But not Reps as a whole. I think that is why you are seeing the shift away from the hard right.

I know many like to portray McCain as a "wild eyed war monger".... but in reality what has he supported that others have not? Iraq? Yes, he voted for it like many in both parties. Yes, he stood by his vote rather than playing dumb and he supported ways that would help the troops in Bush's debacle rather than simply sitting around whining about how he was tricked.

"There will be other wars .. there will be many wars."

"We may need a presence in Iraq for the next 100 years."

"Bomb Bomb Iran."

These are the words of a "wild eyed war monger" named John McCain.

"Runaway" would imply that an actual race has taken place .. and I wouldn't go that far.

Hillary would spank McCain ass overwhelmingly.

Here's the problem .. although the right would be up in arms .. there just ain't (eb) that many of you left. You'd be no more effective at rallying the troops against Hillary than you are at stopping McCain.

I respect your opinion on many issues, but you are insane if you think Hillary is going to spank McCain. At most she would win a tight race. Every major poll has the head to head within margin of error.... Most with McCain out in front by a small margin. How you equate that to Hillary spanking him is a bit funny. NOTHING will rally the right more than the possibility of another Clinton term. Nothing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

Obama raised about 32 million in the same month.

Go figure.

yes.... and the Dem race has been between two horses for a long while now. While the Reps have been split between Romney, McCain, Huckabee, Paul and Rudi. Rudi drops, McCain contributions picked up. Once Paul and Huckabee drop, he will get further boosts.

"There will be other wars .. there will be many wars."

"We may need a presence in Iraq for the next 100 years."

"Bomb Bomb Iran."

These are the words of a "wild eyed war monger" named John McCain.

He is right. There will be other wars. History has been full of them. It doesn't mean that he is going to go looking to start one.

He did not say we may NEED a presence in Iraq for 100 years. He said Americans would not care IF we had a presence there for 100 years or a 1000 years IF our troops were not being attacked and killed. Again he is correct. Americans would not care if we had a base there IF our troops were not being attacked and killed. This statement does not equate to McCain saying that the attacks are likely to diminish or become extinct any time soon (no matter how much the left trys to spin it as such)

Bomb Iran. Bad joke on his part. But it was clearly pandering to the crowd.

I used the latest Rasmussen poll, the closest on election day, my most trusted source. McCain did not make a damn song singing bomb Iran, what is wrong with you. He was responding to a comment from an audience member asking if that is what he was asking? It was humor interjected into a serious question, and McCain didn't say he would bomb Iran to prevent them from attaining a nuclear weapon, which I didn't like.

Hillary will lose to McCain because there are a ton of people like me that would vote for Obama but not her. I suspect there are many millions of people like me.

The (D) are gonna screw their chances again by nominating the worst choice yet again.

Hillary will lose to McCain because there are a ton of people like me that would vote for Obama but not her. I suspect there are many millions of people like me.

True, true. I think Blackflag has called it. If Hillary is the nomination and she is against McCain then I think McCain wins simply because of the anti-Hillary vote.

The (D) are gonna screw their chances again by nominating the worst choice yet again.
I keep saying that for the sake of the supreme court I could hold my nose and vote for Hillary. But it is getting more and more likely that it will take two hands to hold my nose so I am not sure how I would mark a ballot.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

McCain is borderline lunatic and this nation is not ready for more useless wars.

If Hillary wins, she will be forced to choose Obama.

End of contest.

McCain is borderline lunatic and this nation is not ready for more useless wars.

End of contest.

Well that would make things interesting. That is the only possible senario I MIGHT be able to vote for her.

End of contest.
If she picked Obama I might be able to let go of my nose with one hand long enough to vote for her.

End of contest.

Obviously we disagree about McCain.

But Hillary being "forced" to choose Obama? I don't think so. I don't even think he would WANT to sit behind her and Billy in the pecking order. He would effectively neuter himself by accepting (assuming she would even ask him)

Hillary will likely go Clark or Biden.... maybe Richardson.

Back